RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks @Luke Maney I'm ok just burning candle at both ends, trying to wrap up end of summer chores, work, and staying up too late on Monday to watch a less then impressive QB on a certain team from the midwest. But I digress:mad:

Just tired and needed to get max hours of sleep, as last time I raced in that condition I 'forgot' to brake entering the pits and got DQ'd:redface: See you next race?

Hey, at least this week was the first time he looked decent this season! :D

The only :whistling: major faux pas I had was over cooking turn 7, and in full steering lock the front tires finally grabbed and shot me straight across the track into the side of @FeltHat :redface: After that I just hammered out laps in the 1:59 - 2:00 range. With @sc4dr dnf on the last lap I snuck onto the Group 5 podium! :)

We shoulda included the M1's in last night's race. They were Gp. 4 cars after all. I would have been tempted to drive one.

Yet...this race as a stand-alone reminds me of the races they used to have for these cars (F1 support) in the early 80's.

Really sorry guys, but I'm going to have to sign myself out. I still have upper back pain from the crash I was involved in on Monday, so racing just isn't a good idea right now. Sorry to drop out when the grid is already small. :(

I still haven't raced these cars yet. Just tried with an XBox pad in case that would let me race, but I was total :poop:.

Online Practice: couldn't consistently get low laptimes, the car pushed so bad
Official prerace practice: car still pushing, soft tires only last 3-5 laps.
Then a little help from a fellow gear head...
Made the suggested changes to my setup and BAM!:laugh:the car came alive and no more pushing! Went to the top of the leaderboard.

Q1: was able to just out do Greg (what were our times in Qualy, anybody know?) For pole.
Race: got a good start, protected my line into turn one and got out clean. Pulled out a gap and was able to maintain a gap for almost the entire race except for Solomon and Ayrton nearly passing me:mad::confused::p:laugh::).

Fun (but hard) race, thx David for putting this together (hope you get well soon).

What was the suggestion that helped? I could not get the dang car stable and did not want to mess with my Leaderboard set-up much as it was what got me there. I did slam the car to the lowest setting and it seemed to help a bit but ...well...spins and such...

We shoulda included the M1's in last night's race. They were Gp. 4 cars after all. I would have been tempted to drive one.

Yet...this race as a stand-alone reminds me of the races they used to have for these cars (F1 support) in the early 80's.

I believe the procars in game currently are faster than the gr4 911. Sector 3 has been teasing the release of the gr4 Procar any update now. I’m guessing they will have less power and more grip?

What was the suggestion that helped? I could not get the dang car stable and did not want to mess with my Leaderboard set-up much as it was what got me there. I did slam the car to the lowest setting and it seemed to help a bit but ...well...spins and such...
Remember he was running the Nissan. I noticed it had power, and handled a bit better, but it either was heavier, or it’s brakes weren’t great, because I could always get my ghost Nissan going deeper into turns when driving the Porsche.

I recently received a new steering-wheel base after my previous broke down a half year ago, I will see what I can do with these cars maybe tomorrow, despite I have a hard time racing with Formula cars. If I am satisfied, I may apply for a position. ;)
I'm sure you'll enjoy these cars, I personally think they're the best in R3E. :) So get your premium and get yourself signed up... you know you want to. :D

The faster the better. Sign me up please. V12
No livery stated, so I've given you #3. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 117 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 88 9.6%