RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
This race was going pretty good. I had a very close time for 1st and 2nd with @Phil Davies. at the end, Phil took pole and I settled for second. Congrats Phil!
Then in the race, I guess i was a bit nervous because I was struggling with pressure behind me from Phil and @Lars Hansen. They both passed me before lap 1. But I stayed with them until they forced each other into a mistake, which they did.:D So I took the lead again and this time I was able to create some reasonable distance. But then I was introduced to the first wave of lap traffic. Now, I'm not sure who is in the wrong but, @Keith Joyce, who was driving GT3, I was trying to pass him. I'm in the lead and I'm still fighting for position. Keith was running his own race, about to be lapped and driving in a slower class. I tried to pass him on the inside, but he closed the door and we made some contact. Phil caught up as a result, I still had the lead. Then I tried again to pass but on the outside, Keith again closed the door on me and we made contact, but this time it was enough contact to put me in the wall. I fell back to 2nd and I think this may have seriously damaged my car because after some laps, Lars caught up with me and I ran a bit wide at one of the turns and "gently" hit the wall and the car just died.:( I really wanted to finish the race but I was forced to quit.

I'm gonna have a look at the replay when I have time to determine what happened between keith and I.
Up until my race ended, I had some great battles with Lars and Phil. I had a blast throwing around the SR9 Prototype around Spa and most of all, I'm learning AND having fun. Last month when I began R3E RD Club, I was struggling, complaining and putting up poor qualifying/race results. Now I'm starting to improve and having a great time on track.
I'm working next week Sunday but will try to join Weds and/or Thurs event as my new job and work schedule should accommodate ok with RD clubs. But my new part time job might conflict with RD clubs when I start next week. I won't be working part time for long, only full time, so I should be racing regularly again soon.:cool: See y'all at the next one. Thank you @Paul Jeffrey for organizing.:thumbsup:

Thanks @Lars Hansen,Shame that your engine blew,my tyres were wearing and you were starting to close that gap,I had to nurse my car for the last 15 minutes,That would have made it quite a finale,Thanks once again,hope to see you on track again soon,until then, Take Care All.

This race was going pretty good. I had a very close time for 1st and 2nd with @Phil Davies. at the end, Phil took pole and I settled for second. Congrats Phil!
Then in the race, I guess i was a bit nervous because I was struggling with pressure behind me from Phil and @Lars Hansen. They both passed me before lap 1. But I stayed with them until they forced each other into a mistake, which they did.:D So I took the lead again and this time I was able to create some reasonable distance. But then I was introduced to the first wave of lap traffic. Now, I'm not sure who is in the wrong but, @Keith Joyce, who was driving GT3, I was trying to pass him. I'm in the lead and I'm still fighting for position. Keith was running his own race, about to be lapped and driving in a slower class. I tried to pass him on the inside, but he closed the door and we made some contact. Phil caught up as a result, I still had the lead. Then I tried again to pass but on the outside, Keith again closed the door on me and we made contact, but this time it was enough contact to put me in the wall. I fell back to 2nd and I think this may have seriously damaged my car because after some laps, Lars caught up with me and I ran a bit wide at one of the turns and "gently" hit the wall and the car just died.:( I really wanted to finish the race but I was forced to quit.

I'm gonna have a look at the replay when I have time to determine what happened between keith and I.
Up until my race ended, I had some great battles with Lars and Phil. I had a blast throwing around the SR9 Prototype around Spa and most of all, I'm learning AND having fun. Last month when I began R3E RD Club, I was struggling, complaining and putting up poor qualifying/race results. Now I'm starting to improve and having a great time on track.
I'm working next week Sunday but will try to join Weds and/or Thurs event as my new job and work schedule should accommodate ok with RD clubs. But my new part time job might conflict with RD clubs when I start next week. I won't be working part time for long, only full time, so I should be racing regularly again soon.:cool: See y'all at the next one. Thank you @Paul Jeffrey for organizing.:thumbsup:
Dean, I think it's an example of where a controller just doesn't have the precision of a wheel. But he's on the hunt for one. You certainly set a fast pace once you hit the front. Hopefully S3 might manage to implement quick chat soon and that would help when overtaking.

Dean, I think it's an example of where a controller just doesn't have the precision of a wheel. But he's on the hunt for one. You certainly set a fast pace once you hit the front. Hopefully S3 might manage to implement quick chat soon and that would help when overtaking.

And he's only got a 15 inch screen,must be hard to see the track map,I have had no problems with @Keith Joyce Quite the contrary I have found him to be a perfect gentleman,It would not have been intentional just a honest mistake not his style.

I had fun although I started losing concentration halfway through.... Let's just say I'm not feeling well and I'm sat on the loo right now! Sorry for that! Anyways I wish I had the radical as I was running my own race back at the back. Still it was fun. I do hope to race more online with you guys

@kamackeris Yeah,That was a long old race,I agree shame you didn't have a radical,But one day you will :thumbsup:,Thanks for turning up and seeing it out to the end,Nice one :thumbsup:.

For those interested, here's what happened to me:

No editing, just a quick screen-grab of the replay.
Completely mucked up the corner-entry, and simply slid off.....

On a side-note, when I uploaded it YouTube came back with "We have detected that your video might be shaky".....
Well....No sh!t .... :laugh:

Yea... I seen it... I don't want to speak too soon but I have an interest in organizing some R3E events. But time is very difficult to find right now. Most likely by the end of the year, (one job less;))I should be able to help out. If we can get a small group of 2-4 guys (including myself) helping out, we can continue the club past October 5th. I was even thinking of a "arrive and drive" (open) R3E league. I'm tired of seeing leagues "mandatory attendance" required for all events in order to sign up. Might be a stupid idea but it could be good once I work out the details. I'm just thinking. .....:whistling:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 342 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 230 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 230 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 7.9%