BMW M1 Procar 1979 Season

Skins BMW M1 Procar 1979 Season 1.7

Login or Register an account to download this content
gringohairpiece submitted a new resource:

BMW M1 Procar 1979 Season - Skin pack for BMW M1 Procar

I thought it was about time that what is probably the greatest one-make series of all time got some love so have spent the last few months working on a skin pack for the 1979 season. If I had known at the beginning just how much work this would entail and how scarce photos are of some of the cars I think I would have probably chosen an easier subject :)

Here are the first 8 cars that I have completed. I have tried to make them as accurate as is possible although a lot of the cars had small...

Read more about this resource...

gringohairpiece updated BMW M1 Procar 1979 Season with a new update entry:

BMW M1 Procar 1979 Season V1.1

Here's an update to add 4 BMW Motorsport cars to the mix. I have included early and mid-season versions of these liveries and I have included an "Alternatives" folder with them in.

BMW Motorsport had 6 cars (in the classic livery) that they reserved for the fastest qualifiers at each European F1 GP. Over the course of the 8 rounds they had 14 different drivers behind the wheel although only 6 of them drove at more than one race. These are the drivers I am going to focus on for the time...

Read the rest of this update entry...

BMW M1 Procar 1979 Season 1.2

Another quick update to include the 2 BMW Motorsport I promised yesterday.

#26 BMW Motorsport - Jacques Laffite
#90 BMW Motorsport - Hans-Georg Bürger

Burger only raced in 2 races towards the end of the season so there is no "Early" livery for his car. Also, while I know his name should have an umlaut over the 'U' I can't find any photos that actually show they had them.

There is also a fix to the xml file which erroneously included details of the #45 Manhalter car which I am currently...

Do you have this one on your list?
Thank you for your work!
iu

BMW M1 Procar 1979 Season v1.4

Here is the next update to this 1979 season skin pack. It includes the following

New skins
#41 Airpress Racing - Wolfgang Schütz
#66 Eggenberger Motorsport - Helmut Kelleners

Fixes
#90 BMW Motorsport - Hans-Georg Bürger

The #66 car is not actually complete and I am looking for some help from you to let me know what it says on the banner on the doors. I have attached the best images I could find. Let me know what you think it says and I will then update the skin and include it as a fix...

BMW M1 Procar 1979 Season v1.5

Here is the latest update to my skinpack for the 1979 season of the BMW M1 Procar championship and it is pretty extensive.

First it adds two new teams to the collection
#44 GS Team Marko - Markus Hottinger
#45 Memphis Team International - Sepp Manhalter
View attachment 567038
View attachment 567039

It also adds all the remaining BMW Motorsport drivers (within the limitations of the slots available in Automobilista 2 (currently 26 for the BMW M1)

#1 BMW...

BMW M1 Procar 1979 Season v1.6

A small update compared to the last one but this adds an important car to the mix as the pack now includes multiple skins for Hans-Joachim Stuck's car.

I have also included the "Minolta" skin for the 88 Konrad car when it was driven at Hockenheim by 'John Winter'

There is also a small correction to the #60 De Angelis skin which he ran at Zandvoort.

Happy racing

View attachment 569447View attachment 569448View attachment 569449[ATTACH...

BMW M1 Procar 1979 Season

Here is a small but significant update as it add the final car/driver to the pack. This car is difficult to make an accurate skin for as there are so few images from the 1979 season available. I even emailed the Brun team to see if they had images but have not had a response. I found one for Monaco (which covers most of the car), one for Zeltweg (front on) and a couple for other races and Norisring etc. There are also two videos (Zolder, Monaco) which I was able to use to make those two...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 220 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 163 7.9%
  • < 5 years