rF2 BMW M1 @ Portland - Thu 08 Apr 2021

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Was good fun last night guys. :thumbsup: I made a few too many mistakes to place well, but the racing was very clean given that the M1 can be a challenging car to drive. Apologies to whoever was on the grid behind me in race two... it was only when the lights came on that I realised my engine wasn't running. Hence why I didn't immediately move causing you to go straight into the back of me. :redface:

Anyway, I love historics so I'll hopefully be joining you more often when I'm free on a Thursday.

I hope I was not too big of obstruction during the races. I tried to allow all lappers easy passing. It was me Ross at the start and it was not a problem.

Thanks Denis for hosting the event ... another great combo. Cheers to all drivers.

Well done for sticking at it Jack. TBH I thought that (if anything) you were a little too generous to lapping car - probably to the detriment of your own enjoyment of the event. But thanks for being so considerate. You're a gent. :)

Thanks to everybody who signed up and commiserations to those who weren't able to make it. The racing that I saw was very fair and in the spirit of historic racing, so thank you all for that too. :)

As I said last night, it'll be the Toyota AE86 next week. I'll test this evening, but atm it's looking like Bikernieki (recent mod) and the layout will likely be High Speed Ring. For many of you guys it'll be a new track (I've raced it in AC and I think this may be a [legal] conversion), so a bit of praccy might come in handy but it's not a requirement OC. :)

The car is one of my favourites - I would happily race it once a month - so I'm really hoping that everybody finds it easy to drive and fun. :cool:

I'll test it early this evening and get the server up after tonight's events are over. Hope to see you all next Thursday.

Cheers :thumbsup:

Is that paid or a mod? Did a quick search but don't see it in the workshop.

Ross, the link is available from the last time we used the car....

Thanks Mal, well spotted mate.
Is that paid or a mod? Did a quick search but don't see it in the workshop.
I'd actually forgotten that it's not in the Workshop. I was hoping it'd be updated and put on the Workshop, but unfortunately progress seems to have stalled.

Be careful which model you choose. One of them has a collision box fault so we all choose the other model. I always cock this up, but I think it's the Trueno that has a problem. You'll know if you have the wrong one because it flies off the track if it bottoms out.

We ran with the Formula Vee a few weeks ago on Guapore and though I didn't join I think I recollect the Puma being used. We have as Ole said used the Reiza tracks.
Correct, but they're the only paid DLC cars I remember. We run at Sebring sometimes and I think possibly we've used Le Mans DLC once? Most weeks it's default content or free mods. :)

... Apologies to whoever was on the grid behind me in race two... it was only when the lights came on that I realised my engine wasn't running...
...It was me Ross at the start and it was not a problem...

:laugh: Actually.. no it wasn't you Jack... I ran into the back of Ross' car at about the exact time you ran into Andres' one..:roflmao:
R2start.jpg

But my crewchief quickly reassured me that there was only minor bodywork damage so np at all..

What was worse however, about halfway through the race at the back straight I was looking behind me at Ross and Andres more than looking ahead of me, missed the braking mark for the turn. It then sent my car into a spin impossible for Ross to avoid, and I took him off with me.:redface:
Again, sorry about that. I find this car quite a handful under braking..

As long as everyone is willing to forgive me for my mistakes I really enjoyed the event!

Also I was glad to see that @Jack Smith has returned too :thumbsup::thumbsup:! So I guess you were able to overcome your connection issues? It was a pity you struggled a bit with the pace in this one; Don't worry though: next time we will probably be at equal pace again like we usually are.:)

Thanks Denis for the event, thanks all for racing!

Be careful which model you choose. One of them has a collision box fault so we all choose the other model. I always cock this up, but I think it's the Trueno that has a problem.
UPDATE - I remember getting this wrong last time because I didn't check. Well this time I did check and it's the Levin which has the problem. So, we will be using the Trueno this time (sorry to Yves who made skins for the Levin).

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 315 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 447 39.3%