AC BMW GT2 @ Daytona oval! Mon 04.08.14

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
In case you guys wanna try my setup, here it is. Tried a softer setup with very high tyre pressures. Pretty stable so far. The softer tyre compunds overheat superfast, so I put on the superhards, which should be the way to go for qualifying and race!

Attachments

• M3Daytoval.ini
    1.8 KB · Views: 275
I'm ready.:)
2014-08-04_00006_zps2c56ca1b.jpg

Reactions: Si
:redface: sorry about that guys, i had both ac audio and teamspeak going through my headset couldn't hear a thing, my logitech profiler also stopped responding lost all ffb and couldn't continue, sorry guys

Was great close racing, thanks all, I had to give up though, like Jamie I couldn't hear anything on TS but engine sounds and faint voices. Is there a way to cut the engine sound or lower it when someone talks on TS, sorry haven't used TS for years.
But a great test! :thumbsup:

Reactions: Si
Great event, made for some very close racing and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Just a few suggestions and pointers to make things smoother next time:

Rolling start and restarts:
  • leader should maintain a set speed of ~120-150 km/h, not more
  • only start accelerating when leaders says "green" or when crossing the start/finish line
Overtaking:
  • don't try to force your way up the inside below the yellow line
  • try to hold your line on the inside/outside, no weaving
  • don't cut in in front of another car unless you're sure your past
  • be patient
Crashing:
  • don't countersteer when you lose it, just let the rear come around and spin into the infield
Exiting pits:
  • enter traffic on the back straight, stay below the yellow line in turn one
And finally:
  • keep your foot off the accelerator sometimes

I'm no authority on oval racing, but I do watch Nascar and Indy and did a bit of oval racing in iRacing. Taught me one or two things about the basics. It's all about positioning, most overtakes have to be prepared a lap or two in advance by leaving a small gap and then slingshotting past using the draft on the outside. If you're in a close pack, just be patient and wait for the race to unfold. No need to drive super aggressive.

Hope we can do another oval racing event some time :)

Was great close racing, thanks all, I had to give up though, like Jamie I couldn't hear anything on TS but engine sounds and faint voices. Is there a way to cut the engine sound or lower it when someone talks on TS, sorry haven't used TS for years.
But a great test! :thumbsup:

I've increased TS volume in the Windows sound mixer, works wonders!

I believe that the race leader shouldn't say "GREEN". You can just start racing after you pass the start-finish line. That way you can tactically break and accelerate (within reasonable limits, let's say 140 - 180km/h) to take advantage of your position and overtake/leave your opponent behind.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 333 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 169 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 289 13.4%