BMW frustration

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
I want to dump my frustration here :duh: . Since RACE 07 is released i have only driven the BMW E46 and the E90 (the last weeks), adjusted my setups to my own preferences and thought i did some reasonable times with that car (read: i was in control of it).
After somebody posted some Alfa setup requests i got back in my old car from RACE 06 and did some FWD action the last week.

But why oh why am i still more then 1,5 faster in a FWD car then in a RWD BMW after such a long absence. I was on Zandvoort doing some laps in the beemer, Peter Madsen entered in a Seat and i though: "hey lets fight equal, i get that car too". Without ANY setup changes i broke my pb on this track in 2 laps.

Now i am doubting what to do. Pick a FWD car and have league where the FWD car bores the hell out of me but be competative, or pick a BMW and be significantly slower but at least have the challenge to fight with the car

Damn you Bram, damn you :biggrin:

Now you got me thinking again (and that never lets to anything good), and now I’m leaning towards the BMW again. Only problem is that I’m 0.5-0.7 slower with h-shifter then sequential shifter, so either I’m going to have to practice a lot of quick h-shifting and hope to get it quicker (not likely) or else I have to cheat and use sequential or last but not least just drive on Sundays.

Now look what you have done mate, was almost sure that I would pick the Seat before you started this tread :)

I saw all those BMW's at the back in Puebla. Thats your place on the grid Bram :)

I will drive the league in the Alfa, my teammate don't fancy the RWD's unfortunately. Otherwise I would have driven the E46, love that car.

Damn you Bram, damn you :biggrin:

Now you got me thinking again (and that never lets to anything good), and now I’m leaning towards the BMW again. Only problem is that I’m 0.5-0.7 slower with h-shifter then sequential shifter, so either I’m going to have to practice a lot of quick h-shifting and hope to get it quicker (not likely) or else I have to cheat and use sequential or last but not least just drive on Sundays.

Now look what you have done mate, was almost sure that I would pick the Seat before you started this tread :)

Haha Peter :sign0021:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back