rF2 BMW E90 @ Salzburgring - Tuesday 6th March 2012

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
GRAB_006.jpg

Will join soon, I want to test my fresh Lite install.

If I get a bluescreen during that time(which would depress me), there's something in rF that my desktop probably doesn't like.

Big fun in the first race. Downloaded the track and raced it for the first time in the race so felt a bit new and uncomfortable. Half way my steering wheel issues started again and made driving almost impossible.

Decided to not drive the seconds session as for sure I would virtually kill somebody with this wheel :D

Thanks for two fun races, and sorry for those i had incedents with.
@ James, after we hit at the last chicane i waited for you to go, but on the next time round, i hadnt realised we made contact. I i had, i would have waited again.
sorry if it spoiled your race

Q1: went out of the pits and started doing laps a i just kept beating my personal best times
R1: Had a good start ( thank you Launch control :D) despite a bit messy (sorry if i made avoidable contact with someone), at the first lap i was hit from behind i i went off track going to last position, from there i kept going, passed by Bram and other car which i couldn't see the name at lap 5. At lap 7 i passed by a car with a flat, before the last lap i was gained some time to the car in front of me and i tried to push it harder, which resulted in me going of at the last chicane, fortunatelly i was able to not lose any positions until the end of the race.

Q2: It didn't went so well as the previous one, but i was able to maintain the same time i did in Q1.
R2: At the start i used Launch control (again ) and i hitted Moterham's back (sorry for that, i wasn't able to avoid you or brake ) , fortunatelly both of us kept going, at some point i was behind James and some other cars but them i spun and lost time, then James went out and i caugth up with him again, and that hapened for some time. At some point near the end of the race Danny Clarke joined us and we kept together battling until i saw james fliping in the air trough my mirror, then Danny passed me on the straigth, on the last lap we were lapped, and Danny lost time being lapped, and i was able to pass him again and finish in front of him :D

Congratulations to everibody who finished both races, especially to top3
Thank you everibody for the great races :)

Qualy 1 = Not too bad. Mid-field.

Race 1 = My keyboard glitched as I entered the track, meaning no shortcuts keys for rFactor would work (including camera). I had to stay with the bumper cam for the whole race (instead of Hood or Cockpit).

At the start, Ole had a slow start (Bad FPS) which lost me time. Was up to 10th by Turn 2. Gained a few positions as others messed up. A few laps later S. Marconi caught me up and he divebombed into Turn 1, however he only lost himself time. For the next lap I thought he might hit me. I accidently forced him onto the grass on the back straight and I lost focus. At the exit of the chicane, I span, sending me down to 17th.

A few laps later, Danny has a massive crash, the biggest crash I have ever seen in a RD Race, also Florea and Erik crashed. Was on my own for the rest of the race, think I made a mistake in the last few laps.

Qualy 2 = Better than before. Top 10.

Race 2 = Danny got a great start and got passed me. Had to go on the gravel at the chicane as there was no space but didn't gain an advantage. I moved up to 7th at the end of Lap 1 as 3 cars outbraked themselved in the final sector. I overtook 2 cars in the next few laps before I braked slightly too late when trying to overtake Christian. I hit the side of his car which sent me spinning. I managed to catch up Florea and Dave later on but they made contact at the chicane which allowed me to go straight passed. Now up to 7th.

Hit the grass in the final sector which sent me spinning again, losing the places I had just gained. Finished the race in 13th I think after a few more mistakes.

Spent most of the event on my own, never in a battle. Whenever I caught someone up, they would make a mistake. Whenever I was in a battle, there was an incident and whenever I was trying to catch someone up, I would usually make a mistake.

A great mod and a great track. Great driving.

To S. Marconi : I was trying to help you not get banned by telling you not to cut. However you ignored all my advice and continued to cut in all sessions. Don't think I am against you. I am trying to help you, but if you don't want the help, then I guess you won't want to race at RD either.

Thanks to James and RD.

Slipstream everywhere :) infact of that I had and get many catch ups so I never drive alone and had some great Fun. I like this Mod more and more hope to see all next week.

Thanks to James and RD.

Q1: Cant remember :p
R1: 12th.. quite a quiet race, couldnt catch Szabo ahead.

Q2: last minute flying lap got me 10th
R2: Great racing absolutely enjoyed it, never had some much fun in a club race in a long time! good close battle with Erik Tveit, Roy Magnes, Florea Calin and Bradley Vanian... and many others too.. enjoyed the second half of the race especially!! was up to 6th
only blot was being turned around on the fast back section by Toivicic which caused Tviet to get caught up in and then retire.. Sorry to him for that spoiling his race, Tomivicic also cut one of the last corners and i drove into his side not expecting to see him there, bit cheeky but perhaps i ran him wide a bit. never mind, no-more shall come from it as its only a club event.. good fun... Finshed 9th

Thanks James, RD and all those who raced, so "big" names in there today and some id never thought id ever battle with :p

morichi not marconi .-)

bradley no problem for me I cut only the first laps of practice, then reboot the server does not have any more cut,my qual is 1 24 0 ,I approached the chicane as other....see on next race
bye

edit: I have now seen the replay and See you then tell me where I cut off in Race 1...I do not want to be
incorrect driver
bye good night

Great racing tonight, unfortunately Q1 was my first time on track because I missed practice due to work. Good to see such as good turnout, hopefully more of the same next week. Here are some screenshots.

Race 2 start.
tqmR1.png

Leaders through the final chicane on lap 1.
Uxut9.png

My huge crash in Race 1, I was distracted by some flashing headlights in my mirror and put a wheel onto the grass at 150MPH+.
KSHzz.png

Thanks to James and RD, see you next week.

P4 and P2, not bad.

Might have won if I hadn't squeezed Eike that much, but I had so much overlap I just couldn't go anywhere else.

Fun though, thanks to RD and James.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 278 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing