Staff
Premium
Imola setups

Attachments

• BH_E30_Imola.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 475
  • BH_E30_Imola_Race2.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 408
On the other end of the scale, the last gear (6th in most cases) will just not quite reach it's rev limited on the fastest part of the track..All other gears inbetween will be evenly spaced out between 1st and last gear. Some tracks and corners may need a little tweaking on the other gears if it doesn't feel right/comfortable at certain sections of the track but it's a good starting point.

Last edited:
Thank you Bran. Thinking of racing with Alfa tonight at Brno, (always use Honda, since I am a Honda for life driver, but I just want to test something else for a change) but my own setup for this car just doesn't cut it. Hope this one does!

Simplest to understand is: Make the first gear as long as you can and 6th gear as short as you can. Ofcourse this depends on the tracks. Take monza for instance. First load up the premade setup and do some laps until you get the parabolica perfect and thus a good entry on the straight. 6th gear must get as close to the limiter as possible without hitting. Additionally, there must be some play for drafting. When you get that done, its time to set up your 1st gear. Driving style varies but I use a very long 1st gear and take those chicanes with 1st. So when im satisfied with off the line performance and slowest corner performance its just a matter of spacing the rest of the gears evenly inbetween 1st and 6th. Also there is three ways of doing this. One of them is such that each gear drops equally in terms of revs and this one theoretically gives you the best powerband on each gear. second one is such that drops are smaller the higher the hear is. This one exploits the fact that the torque is multiplied in lower gears, therefore there is no loss even if the revs are out of the maximmum power range. Third option is simply adjusting so you have the necesarry gears at necesarry moments so you avoid shifting midcorner and such.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 133 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 358 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 500 39.1%