BMW E39 523i

Hey guys, I've got permission to release my car in Racer. I converted it from GTA San Andreas. It has scripts for signals, fog lights and high beam's. Engine is 2.5l R6 , 170 HP. Vmax - near 220km/h, 0-100 km/h - 8,5s. You can change wheels - first are standard BMW Wheels, second - BMW M5 Wheels (they are in folder "Raven variants")
It's CG version of course. If you've got any questions and comments - write in this thread.

DOWNLOAD

I gave it a try and since noone else has given feedback yet, this will be a start I guess. Hopefully you see it as the constructive criticism it's meant to be, but it's going to be quite a few negative things that I noticed nevertheless.

The folder contains a lot of obsolete files and uncompressed textures - just by cleaning that up in less than 5min, the folder size can be reduced to less than half of the original.

There's no readme file with full credits, contact information etc.

The raven_variants folder is missing variant.ini files to be usable with Raven.

The vehicle model is significantly too large.

The standard wheels are labelled incorrectly (left and right and switched).

Qlog.txt shows a lot of errors, missing and obsolete lines in car.ini and car.shd.

The shader file is inefficient - lot's of individual materials that use generic and identical settings, things like the glass, chrome etc are not looking right.

Vehicle handling isn't representative of an E39 roadcar - very high grip levels and downforce, I mentioned the dimensions being incorrect above...
Is it an automatic model or not?

The sounds aren't really from an inline six cylinder, are they?

I could go into more detail, but the point is that there is a lot of ground work left to be done. The positive thing is that you gave it a go and it can only get better from here. If you want to improve your work, read up on racer.nl, post questions here if you get stuck and check out some of the other, newer releases and what people have to say about them - that will give you an idea of which things matter and where to start perhaps.

I agree, it looks good and it's a great start. But it needs some work to make it 100%, starting with the chassis and physics.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 143 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 271 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 396 40.0%