Imola setups

Attachments

• BH_E30_Imola.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 475
  • BH_E30_Imola_Race2.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 408
This setup maybe is not the fastest ,but you can really push hard
in the corners. i have not driven so many laps on this track
since nobody is racing it. But i think it's a real fun track.

//cheers

Kimmo

Attachments

• Kimmo f3000 estoril.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 501
this is very much work in progress, only small adjustments made ie: gears, brakes, steering lock and rear anti-roll bar.

this my 1st setup i`ve uploaded and am very noobish at making them so dont expect to much :)

Attachments

• basic.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 404
  • Edward Leake

I've never driven this circuit before, I have today off work (I worked late last night) and so I've done 40 minutes of testing tweaking a setup to aid turn-in without oversteer and increase mid corner grip and stability.

This setup is in its early stages but it promotes smooth throttle transitions, keep your throttle on and clean and it hugs the line well.

Only downside is when off the throttle completely the rear becomes unstable, this is a result of it being rather stiff compared to the front.

It's only given me concern on the last corner, but uses the brakes gently to tighten to the apex and you don't need to come off the throttle completely.

Testing best lap 1:55.4 (bare in mind today was my first ever time at this circuit)

Let me know what you think - be honest. :thumb:

Attachments

• Eleake_n1.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 339
Thanks Ed ...
No time to test it yet, but will give it a shot later and let you know how it goes for me.

Attached is my [appalling] attempt at a setup ... took the default and tweaked it, but not much (after watching Attila's 1:53, I lengthened the gears a bit, and played a little with slow bump/rebound, tire pressures, cambers and anti-roll bars). Whenever I seem to make any adjustments to what I have here, it begins to start handling like my old VW camper van :lol:

Like you Ed, its my first time on this track, and as I lack practise time (kids to look after)
I am fairly inexperienced in the mini's or in getting good setups too (and after an hour or so of practice and setup tweaking in the early hours of the morning, I seem to be stuck at around 1:57:1 ... I know its a bit slow, don't laugh :rolleyes:)

Anyway, I am trying to learn more about good setups, so if someone takes this setup and drives or tweaks it, I would seriously appreciate your feedback, especially in what can or should be changed to make better (faster) :thumb:

EDIT: added updated #race# setup - tweaked and fiddled with first one to get to this - felt much more balanced and I went a second quicker with it :D(endurance racers note: tires went off badly after about 25 mins)

FEEDBACK APPRECIATED :amen:

Attachments

• mini hungo ld race.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 342
  • mini hungo ld #race#.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 268
FEEDBACK FOR ED
Your setup seemed fairly balanced, but I couldn't get to grips with it (only tried a few laps with it though as time was short pre-race last night).

From what I remember, I couldn't get it to turn in and track through the corner as well as the setup I already had (and I think I improved on - see my EDIT and 2nd setup above) ... although that may have a lot to do with my (obviously slower!) driving style :wink:
Thanks for the post up though ... gave me a few things to think about :thumb:

This my first posted setup so please take into account it won't be that great.
Its a work in progress and this week I will be updating it as I get more laps in at Oscher.
The setup itself tends to be quite oversteery and won't suit many of you but I am close to getting it how I like my setups. Its probably horrible for most of you.

Please comment so I can improve it and repost it. :thumb:

Note: Set rear wing to 4, updated the setup, makes a massive difference. Rear end much more stable.

Attachments

• Chevvy Oscher Setup.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 503

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline