BMW-E21-320i-group 5 @ Riverside Layouts - Thu 29th Nov

flyergtc76.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: BMW-E21-320i-group 5 (Download)
Track: Riverside (Download) - We are using the Nascar & CanAm layouts for these 2 races.

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock
Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 (10 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 21.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.30 (10 laps)

Note 1: Race 1 - Nascar Circuit (Default chosen car/skin only)
Note 2: Race 2 - CanAm Circuit (Default chosen car/skin only)
Note 3: Pleas pick your skin when signing up from the list and stick to it. first come first served basis.
Note 4: Car Skins available : 5 7 8 9 11 14 15 16 23 24 26 27
31 32 33 36 51 59 62 63 65 75 76 98 114(14) 159
(only skins visible above are available . (Skin 114 plain grey only shows number 14))
Note 5: Please enter server before the practice session to make sure all is working with your car and system
Note 6: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Knut Omdal Tveito - car/skin :# 12
  2. Rupe Wilson - car/skin : # 292
  3. Stuart Thomson - car/skin : # 55
  4. Hans Sneep - car/skin : # 10
  5. Rokas Charlapavicius - car/skin : # 302
  6. Jack Smith - car/skin : # 4
  7. Carlos Diaz - car/skin : # 1
  8. Eck Simpson - car/skin : # 3
  9. Jacob Boonstra - car/skin : # 81
  10. Bob Hutchins - car/skin : # 50
  11. Alberto Tescara - car/skin : # 20
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Roland Warmenhoven - car/skin : # unused
Rules:

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Tom Endres welcome to our club, just shout if you need anything :)

Stuart's words of wisdom

The thing about the GTL club is that we want it to be like real world Club racing - competitive, but not to the point of becoming destructively so, because that kind of invalidates the whole point of this, which is to have fun. We want people to be driving nice and hard, but courteously and appreciatively.

Once you are in the server, we really only have a couple of things for you to be aware of that are slightly different to Race:-

We always run "superpole" qualifying, in that you get an outlap, an attempted timed lap, and an inlap (or a quit). If you stuff up your timed lap, have a crash or cut, then I'm afraid in the words of Terry-Thomas "it's hard cheese, old boy."

GTL doesn't have a dedicated Superpole function like Race. We have to sort it out ourselves, so you will see other people both in the pits and on track - and also unlike Race impacts are enabled at ALL times.

Because of the above we insist that limiters be used at all time in the pit lane.

Have fun tonight, and please ask if anything is unclear, or if anything else occurs to you.

Pretty much the only questions we can't answer are the ones that people don't ask.

Well, I hope it's being signaled when I should get on the track and that's it for me, I won't keep up during the race anyway. :)

One thing tho: anything else I should install, mod-wise? I.e. something to improve graphics or anything that's essential. :)

I checked with SimBin and they will correct this error Senad reported (no multiplayer key visible in Steam) for Steam users (thanks for that :thumbsup: )

Once fixed Steam users will see a key appearing.

Don't know when it will be fixed though.
I didn't check if that's true for me as well but in case I can't play online, you know why. :(

Its up to you when you go out to qually i usually look for a gap and go for it..:)
if you don't want to qually that's no problem either, Knut has a thing about starting from the rear and picking us off one by one..:alien: .

As for gentleman racing , yes you could say that, but I usually :cry: if you scratch my car...
But on a serious note, banging and bashing of panels is frowned upon (although it might happen) gaining places this way is not in the spirit of our club.... it so much sweeter to gain a place with a clean pass.. put pressure on the guy in front and exploit the mistake,
but the main thing is to have fun, and enjoy the race,,..

if you have a gtl disc this might still be up and running..
(Digital GTL for free)
And maybe as Senad has suggested the box code might activate on steam though like race 07 did..
Vista and windows 7 don't like the disc although its not impossible to install is better to go digital

you can use
(unlock)
XD there is only one and it works a treat.
There Warrens great FFD guide (really nice for g25/g27 there's also a one for the fanantec wheels),
Graphics wise you can max it out and that's about it, there is a HD sky effect on no grip that looks nice,but not needed. its all about the racing in this sim
Allot of us use a high degree of rotation above 600 deg,and the usual logtech profiler setting,
as for car setup the tyres seem to work better with a 1 or 2 deg centigrade difference across the tyre not the usual 5 to10 deg centigrade that is used in race 07..
if you look in the stickies and below in our forum you should find all you need.. or ask..

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 337 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 228 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 171 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 291 13.4%