rF2 BMW DTM @ Portimao - Fri Feb 03 2023 - All Free Content!

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Had wanted to race this car for a while, thanks for putting it up! Looks like I'm in a minority with having enjoyed this :roflmao:
Race start went well and I could open a gap to get out of DRS before it became available without pushing too much. Not much later I went a bit wide into T13 and got stuck on the curbs and nearly missed the corner but managed to stay ahead of Ed. That already was enough to have a big flat spot making the wheel shake pretty bad on the staights. Found a rythm though and kept opening the gap while still trying to keep the tyres alive for as long as possible. About half way through I had about 15-20 secs when the first people behind started to pit. Ole and Steve stayed out and I figured I could do a few more laps so I did as well trying to see what they are up to. Tyres were starting to really give away soon and I realized I risked falling behind Ed who was cathcing up with fresh tyres if I stayed out longer so I did my stop and saw Steve following me. Came out about 5 sec before Ed so just in time and Ole now had a good 20 seconds lead. Suspected he might be brave and tried to pull off a no stopper so I let it fly for a few laps and gained several seconds a lap. With still about 20 minutes to go I went back to tyres save mode and found I still gain enough to catch him. Just about when I reached to DRS window Ole finally pitted as well and I had my 20 sec lead back. Ran into the group with Maciej, Dastan and Roy battling for positions and decided to leave them be and watch from behind. When things had settled it was just crusing to finish.
Thanks for racing everyone! Not the easiest car but I found it very rewarding once you got a hang of it :)

Had wanted to race this car for a while, thanks for putting it up! Looks like I'm in a minority with having enjoyed this :roflmao:

I enjoyed it as well, but it takes a special mindset and almost motivation. It's a tricky car, tricky tyres, and not easy to jump into. It's not very beginner friendly.

Ole now had a good 20 seconds lead. Suspected he might be brave and tried to pull off a no stopper so I let it fly for a few laps and gained several seconds a lap. With still about 20 minutes to go I went back to tyres save mode and found I still gain enough to catch him.

This was my whole plan. I was going to trick you into thinking I was doing a 0-stopper. Stress you enough that you started to push, and ruin your tyres, forcing you to do a second stop. At this point I felt confident that I would beat everyone else in race, I just needed to "screw" you somehow :p

Just about when I reached to DRS window Ole finally pitted as well and I had my 20 sec lead back. Ran into the group with Maciej, Dastan and Roy battling for positions and decided to leave them be and watch from behind. When things had settled it was just crusing to finish.
Thanks for racing everyone! Not the easiest car but I found it very rewarding once you got a hang of it :)

Buuut, when I thought of pitting, I saw I had actually ran a quicker lap than the 2-3 before that. So I decided to stay out for one more, to stress you a little more. That was one lap too many. And I lost 5 seconds to my normal pace there...
That turned out to the decider between me and @Steve Le Gallez as well, if I hadn't lost those 5 seconds, I would've caught Steve a couple of laps from the end, and fought for second.

The "racing" in this car felt a bit like modern F1, while I didn't have a delta-time per se, it was all about pacing yourself, driving as quick as possible for the decided tyre strategy. I didn't make a single overtaking move except for the times I had DRS active, as I didn't want to ruin my tyres fighting. It took a lot of concentration (so it was an unusually quite Discord-evening) and restraint.
Also, I am not sure it was that smart doing such a race by popping a couple of pills :p
I didn't qual as I was on the toilet, and I am happy that @Hartmut2 didn't have a long question after the race, as I had to go again, hah. But I did finish the race, so that's something! :D

This was my whole plan. I was going to trick you into thinking I was doing a 0-stopper. Stress you enough that you started to push, and ruin your tyres, forcing you to do a second stop. At this point I felt confident that I would beat everyone else in race, I just needed to "screw" you somehow :p
Ha! Love it :) By now I know when some pit stop is involved you're always good for a sneaky strategy :D By making my second stint shorter I knew I can afford a little push andif you would not stop my tyre advantage would have been huge. Nice strategy though.

And I lost 5 seconds to my normal pace there...
Yea I was surprised that even with not pushing I gained like 7 seconds in a single lap. Must have been the limit of what these tyres can do.

I don't understand the configuration of this car at all. I tried everything, changed everything and I didn't feel any difference in the behavior of the car.
Perhaps I'm slow... I'm slow for sure :poop:
It felt very understeery on corner entry, I basically increased the rear wing a bit, softened the front and hardened the rear, put more preload on the diff and adjusted the brake balance a bit towards the front. But I knew what I was getting into so I did plenty of laps the days before :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back