BMW driving help

Can I please have some advice from the more experienced drivers. I really need tips on how to drive properly with the FR and FF car types really. I have played racing games since a young age and really usually win all the time but when it comes to grid mainly on multiplayer I am totally rubbish and always off the racing pace, I even struggle with the AI at 90%. My other main problem is to me the BMW physics seem way off and spin way TOO easy, the slightest bump and round she goes, do others find the bmw's to spin so easy? I am using an xbox360 controller currently

The BMW's spin easier then the other WTCC cars because its a real wheel drive car. Some tips:
- Avoid the curbstones in the beginning, E90's dont like them for some reason
- Find a good base setup and dont change too much on it
- Increase your rotation of the wheel (get rid of that controller :D) and catch the car when it starts sliding.
- Easy on the throttle in the beginning and develop a style where you round corners using the throttle more then the steeringwheel.

All I can say is get yourself a wheel, you will be able to control steering and throttle alot better. G25 or G27 are the two wheels of choice, honestly don't be put off by the price as if you loving racing games you honestly can't go wrong with the quality and feel of the 2 logitech wheels.

I'm also trying to get to grips with the BMW, i've had the wheel set at 540 degrees for now and steering lock at 20, been reading through some old steering ratio posts and a few people said the correct setting for the E90 should be 720 degrees rotation and lock 26.5, are these the setting to go for? i'll give it a try tonight and see how it feels :)

The BMW is an hard car to drive with the 360 controller, tried it few times with it, you can control the car much better on a decent wheel as you get proper feedback from the car and can hold it round corners. But you can still go pretty fast with the controller if you got it set-up correctly. Turn the sensitivity on the steering to the minimum possible and make sure you use the left analog stick for steering.

All I can say is get yourself a wheel, you will be able to control steering and throttle alot better. G25 or G27 are the two wheels of choice, honestly don't be put off by the price as if you loving racing games you honestly can't go wrong with the quality and feel of the 2 logitech wheels.

Or Fanatec wheel is a better choice if you can push bit more money :D

• Ariff Roose

I just drive....
You have to play with the throttle alot. Practicing with it at every racetrack is good fun and try to get the car going round Imola or the Nords without bumping or the words staring at you "Youve been warned for cutting the track" or spinning. Go slow then get faster

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 143 13.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 105 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 144 13.8%