Carlos Diaz

Happily driving a "girly" car
imgageoutput.php

Servername: RD Clash of the Titans
Class: BMW CSL Turbo vs Porsche 935
Track: 70sMonza
Start Time: 19.00 GMT
Practice: 20 minutes
Qualification: 10 minutes (ONE TIMED LAP)
Race: 2 x 18 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: Default skins that come with the mods.
Note3: The car you will be driving in Race 1 will be listed next to your name in the sign-ups. Please make sure you know what car you are driving in Race 1.

My Setups:

Attachments

• CD935.svm
    2.4 KB · Views: 299
  • CDTurboCSL.svm
    2.4 KB · Views: 309
Entry List

1. Carlos Diaz - 935
  2. Stuart Thomson - BMW
  3. Knut Omdal Tveito - 935
  4. Senad Subasic - BMW
  5. Tim Ling - 935
  6. Hans Sneep - BMW
  7. Tom Wilson - 935
  8. Bob Hutchins - BMW
  9. Jack Smith - 935
  10. Tim Kaars - BMW
  11. Eck Simpson - 935
  12. Tudor Morris - BMW
  13. Roman Kruszewski - 935
  14. Alain Fitoussi - BMW
  15. Manuel Spierenburg - 935
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver

I need help getting the 935's working :( I have them in game, and I have them in my garage, but I can't choose them to race with!

Knut & Amir? It's becoming an alien zone :D

Yes Carlos, time to throw caution to the wind. Put me down for a slot.

Also, as Tim pointed out there is a problem on the 935 showing up in game. I sloved this by adding SIM_GTC76 to the classes line in the .car files. If you want I can post all the .car files on the forum so others can just copy them into the car folders. Let me know?

Just did some laps round mondello. I think I spun five times with the 935 until I reached the first corner lol:D But after some time and setup tweaking I could put down a reasonably clean lap. The pace of this car is immense! Its like you're on 4x Fast Forward. The tires are quite different to what I'm used to as well. I put the steering lock up to 34 degrees in order to stay on peak lateral grip without having to turn the wheel like a mad man. Short gear ratios also helped a lot to stay on the power band.

The BMW was easier to drive and gave a whole new meaning to "steering with the throttle". Love the cars already, look forward to the event!

PS. I had the same problem with the 935 not showing. I solved it in the same manner as Bob did, but only for one car

Guys, sorry about what is happenning regarding the 935, it didn't happen to me or else I would have told you how to fix it.

@Bob...It would be very kind of you mate if you post those .car files for us. I could do it but I will be at work for another 9 hours or so after this post.

In the mean time, if you are havng this problem, just go into the folder of the 935 you want to use and open the ".car" file using the notepad or similar text editor.
Go down to the end where it says:

Description="Porsche 935"
Engine="PORSCHE I6"
Manufacturer="PORSCHE_935"
classes="SIM_FULL, SIM_GTC, SIM_GTC76, SIM_CSL, SIM_DAG3NOT, SIM_TOURING"
//ComparativeTime=105
Value=999

And insert SIM_GTC76, as shown above. Then just close and save the file.

Thank you again Bob for figuring this out. :thumb:

As long as people can practice with the cars, please do as Carlos suggests to the car you want to drive, but we will post up a patch file for ALL the cars to make sure we don't have any file mismatches come race time.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%