BMW Classic Race On Nurburgring

A BMW track day! Which one do you think everyone would pick?

It kind of limits the race to people that have all the addon's.

Yes, I think Monza would do great for the BMW's and if you have at least Race07 and GTR it's great. Or Race07 and Retro. This thing we can find out placing a pool on the forum. A pool wich should reveal who has the games and what games.

If you have Race07 and GTR Evo you can take:
- BMW 320si E90
- BMW 320i E46
- BMW M3 E30
- BMW 320wi E90 (Xtreme)
- Formula BMW
- BMW M3 GTR (GT Sport)
- BMW Z4 GTR (GT Club)

If you have Race07 and Retro Expansion you can take:
- BMW 320si E90
- BMW 320i E46
- BMW M3 E30
- Formula BMW
- BMW CSL
- BMW 2002

And if you have both GTR Evolution and Retro Expansion then you can take anyone of those.
From what i know,a lot of us have GTR Evolution add-on and some of us Retro Expansion. I hope we will find the best solution, A pool sesion would be nice. Can't wait!

If cars from Race07, Evo and Retro are put on the server, for anyone not having any one of them the car class in the server will be UNKNOWN and that person will not be able to drive. One must have all the content the server lists to gain access.

I don't know of a way but I hope it can be resolved.

If cars from Race07, Evo and Retro are put on the server, for anyone not having any one of them the car class in the server will be UNKNOWN and that person will not be able to drive. One must have all the content the server lists to gain access.

I don't know of a way but I hope it can be resolved.

That's why we can do a POOL session to see where are the most players,in GTR Evo or in RETRO Expansion. And IF there are players that have both. If there are enought to make a race would be great. Even with only one off the 2 add-ons that contains BMW's

Why not just start a thread with a poll that lets drivers choose and go with those results?
I think the poll should also include a box for "Would you rather drive a car other than the BMW's". There are usually so few BMW 's in the WTCC fields and many of the fwd runners don't do the GT[rwd] events and I feel that this event would only end up being setup for a few drivers.

Why not just start a thread with a poll that lets drivers choose and go with those results?
I think the poll should also include a box for "Would you rather drive a car other than the BMW's". There are usually so few BMW 's in the WTCC fields and many of the fwd runners don't do the GT[rwd] events and I feel that this event would only end up being setup for a few drivers.

Indeed,this event should be a Fun event from my point of view. It was just an ideea of a fun event wich looks to be great. All we need to do is to see if there are drivers that want this and wich of them have the proper add-ons.
Just saying. I was wondering if it's really possible and i think it is.

I would be in, if schedule was right for me.
There is at least one more BMW M3 E30 on route, but you should have a word with Gunthar Rowe for that car.
Back home I will have a look at what more BMW cars I can find in my mod files.

Question though:
With most of the cars being rather different, can we have a real race?
Or bring this as an TA event?

I have seen all the BMWs LIVE at Vintage GP Nürburgring hehe:inlove:

Then i guess you will miss out on an amazing mod of the M1 then =)

It's not a question of piracy, it's a case of honor. Someone who rips full model from another game is not the same as modder who makes the model from scratch. In ideal case, i can get a vehicle ingame working in few hours, textured and all from ripped material. Comparing that with months full of modelling, hundreds of hours of work.. I say that you should miss those mod too and support real modders instead of converters disguised as modder. I support the NoGrip/RD line where ripped material is not supported for this reason.

It's not a question of piracy, it's a case of honor. Someone who rips full model from another game is not the same as modder who makes the model from scratch. In ideal case, i can get a vehicle ingame working in few hours, textured and all from ripped material. Comparing that with months full of modelling, hundreds of hours of work.. I say that you should miss those mod too and support real modders instead of converters disguised as modder. I support the NoGrip/RD line where ripped material is not supported for this reason.

Harsh comments. most converters dont have the skills to scratch make cars or tracks...I believe they bring cars that are sometimes better then scratch made mods. they have a right to be called modders and most do a good job and deserve more respect.

Harsh comments. most converters dont have the skills to scratch make cars or tracks...I believe they bring cars that are sometimes better then scratch made mods. they have a right to be called modders and most do a good job and deserve more respect.

Most converters don't have skill. Well said. I have my respected converters. They all accept the level of thanks they get, they know it's not their model, always have full permissions and simply, they do phenomenal work.

To say that converters bring better quality than scratch made: Of course it's good visual quality if EA/Codemaster/etc works on that model for weeks with several modellers, texturers etc... I'm not interested in decreasing credit from converters, i'm worried about the inflation of the whole scene. Why sacrifice hundreds of hours if you can just rip it ready made? Original mods deserve the highest respect, even if the model is not 100% perfect, it's home made, from scratch...

But that is not the real reason. The survival of the whole scene is at stake here.

I know that for a regular gamer there's no difference between the two but for a modder, there's a world of difference. We need to steer clear of illegal releases, if we don't do that, soon modding WILL disappear completely. Game companies will not support blatant theft, it'll eat their profits.You could argue that modding eats profits too, we are providing free content. But with respect from both sides, we have managed to get so far. Game companies that support modding do it with one condition: don't import content from other titles. This has been very clear, if we don't follow that rule, they will take the possibility off. I'm not kidding, this has been discussed with devs and that's a fact...... I do SimBin mods and the instructions are very clear: no ripping from other titles, no ripping from SimBin earlier titles with certain exceptions. These are the rules we follow and thus we have the full company support.

Most converters don't have skill. Well said. I have my respected converters. They all accept the level of thanks they get, they know it's not their model, always have full permissions and simply, they do phenomenal work.

To say that converters bring better quality than scratch made: Of course it's good visual quality if EA/Codemaster/etc works on that model for weeks with several modellers, texturers etc... I'm not interested in decreasing credit from converters, i'm worried about the inflation of the whole scene. Why sacrifice hundreds of hours if you can just rip it ready made? Original mods deserve the highest respect, even if the model is not 100% perfect, it's home made, from scratch...

But that is not the real reason. The survival of the whole scene is at stake here.

I know that for a regular gamer there's no difference between the two but for a modder, there's a world of difference. We need to steer clear of illegal releases, if we don't do that, soon modding WILL disappear completely. Game companies will not support blatant theft, it'll eat their profits.You could argue that modding eats profits too, we are providing free content. But with respect from both sides, we have managed to get so far. Game companies that support modding do it with one condition: don't import content from other titles. This has been very clear, if we don't follow that rule, they will take the possibility off. I'm not kidding, this has been discussed with devs and that's a fact...... I do SimBin mods and the instructions are very clear: no ripping from other titles, no ripping from SimBin earlier titles with certain exceptions. These are the rules we follow and thus we have the full company support.

Don't twist my words mate. i said "most converters dont have the skills to make scratch made cars or tracks" and i personally don't understand why ppl have a bee in there bonnet about converted stuff. the original makers have get the money for the game eg: F1 2011...so what's the problem? own F1 2011 but have the race07 mod, i own shift and shift 2...i have cars from both games in my race07. again what the problem with that?

I don't own those and there is no way of telling who does and who doesn't. I know, it would be awesome to just have every car ever made in every game but like i said, it's not possible. This is the "agreement" we've made to be able to produce any mods.

I don't know if you really understood me. This is SimBin "official" forum and have to follow the "official" rules. No one is stopping you from driving what ever you want, it's just that those mods can not be used "officially". There are numerous places where no one cares who made it, is it legal etc. I've had to deal with them, converters who have robbed my stuff and my view is of course distorted. My fellow modders have been robbed too, there are sim-rentals who use modded content even when the mod clearly has stated that it is for "non-commercial use" and the minute someone tries to make money with it, we want our shares of the profit. So in some sense, we are in the same boat as game devs.

Of course it would be super beneficial if SimBin just released a base game and then allows all other game companies material to be converted by 3rd party but that opens another floodgate.. All game companies would do the same... ATM, all titles have their content fairly easily extracted and converted, we get ISI tools, devs give out pointers of how to work with the game engine, help us, give us tremendous support. Without it you would see only few mods, now we get hundreds. The only really hard part is the modelling.and that is a skill that needs to be respected. It's an artform (of which i'm not really good at) that takes discipline, countless hours of practice, questions that need answers.

If we start accepting (by me i mean the few leading websites that host modded content and we, the modders) all shift2/nfs/gtr2/rFactor etc. ripped material, our support will be taken from us. That means also some consideration from the public who enjoys the FREE content to not at least publicly support illegal content.

Simracing has a really small audience compared to huge FPS/MMORPG titles. It doesn't take a lot to rock that boat. Not to mention that if the game companies have to start decrypting and making the content totally unmodifiable, it wouldn't be modders who suffer, it would be you. The current semi-open format works better, it's thin&efficient, no bloated filesizes or long loading times just because the game has to protect itself. Now all the content in Race07 is pure data, very easily extracted&decrypted and modified.. Everything is very easy now, i don't want it to change.

I don't own those and there is no way of telling who does and who doesn't. I know, it would be awesome to just have every car ever made in every game but like i said, it's not possible. This is the "agreement" we've made to be able to produce any mods.

I don't know if you really understood me. This is SimBin "official" forum and have to follow the "official" rules. No one is stopping you from driving what ever you want, it's just that those mods can not be used "officially". There are numerous places where no one cares who made it, is it legal etc. I've had to deal with them, converters who have robbed my stuff and my view is of course distorted. My fellow modders have been robbed too, there are sim-rentals who use modded content even when the mod clearly has stated that it is for "non-commercial use" and the minute someone tries to make money with it, we want our shares of the profit. So in some sense, we are in the same boat as game devs.

Of course it would be super beneficial if SimBin just released a base game and then allows all other game companies material to be converted by 3rd party but that opens another floodgate.. All game companies would do the same... ATM, all titles have their content fairly easily extracted and converted, we get ISI tools, devs give out pointers of how to work with the game engine, help us, give us tremendous support. Without it you would see only few mods, now we get hundreds. The only really hard part is the modelling.and that is a skill that needs to be respected. It's an artform (of which i'm not really good at) that takes discipline, countless hours of practice, questions that need answers.

If we start accepting (by me i mean the few leading websites that host modded content and we, the modders) all shift2/nfs/gtr2/rFactor etc. ripped material, our support will be taken from us. That means also some consideration from the public who enjoys the FREE content to not at least publicly support illegal content.

Simracing has a really small audience compared to huge FPS/MMORPG titles. It doesn't take a lot to rock that boat. Not to mention that if the game companies have to start decrypting and making the content totally unmodifiable, it wouldn't be modders who suffer, it would be you. The current semi-open format works better, it's thin&efficient, no bloated filesizes or long loading times just because the game has to protect itself. Now all the content in Race07 is pure data, very easily extracted&decrypted and modified.. Everything is very easy now, i don't want it to change.

Well i guess we need agree to disagree because im an honest player who owns real genuine copy's of games via steam and as long as the likes of EA/Codemasters make there money i will add converted contact from those games to race07... illegal nor not. Im a member of f1classic but they care they care more then you think. all mods added to the site must have read mes giving credit to there owners. that's good enough and sounds fair to me that they show respect there makers of the content.

Well i guess we need agree to disagree because im an honest player who owns real genuine copy's of games via steam and as long as the likes of EA/Codemasters make there money i will add converted contact from those games to race07... illegal nor not. Im a member of f1classic but they care they care more then you think. all mods added to the site must have read mes giving credit to there owners. that's good enough and sounds fair to me that they show respect there makers of the content.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back