BMW about to leave F1?

By all times the world was always made of changes....no big deal,
new faces and new names are always welcome.
Imagine nowadays F1 with the very same teams as 1962, monopoly.

its sad to see them leave, true they haven't been competetive this year but look at Honda, they stayed for many years even if they were not competetive.

I think that its their own fault if its this way, to be more precise its Mario fault. i have nothing against Nick and Robert they are great drivers but they are not cars developpers. Mario got ride of Villeneuve on a personal feeling bases and it was his biggest mistake imo, you may not like Villeneuve for his big mouth but the guy can make a car progress and thats what he did with Sauber which lead BMW to buy the team.

now i'm looking at the teams, the drivers and i'm sad to say that Nick and Robert doesn't have much chances to find a team for next year unless its a new team that will join F1 next year.

Then they will probably change their entire focus to (A)LMS now. Good thing imho since i find proto's/GT's/Touringcars much more exciting then formula cars.

BMW clearly missed the boat this year with the new developments in F1
That's what I hope! ALMS, LMS, 24h races, touring cars, there are a lot of series which I think can help them more than F1 to sell their products.

WTCC car is competitive already, ALMS M3 GTR is getting faster all the time now I just hope they'll do LMP1 car to race against Audi and Peugeot at LeMans 24h. DTM? is it an option?

If we look at Audi. They are not in F1 but they are slowly taking several other cool series under their control and people see their roadcar looking racers winning all the time. That's better advertising than racing in midfield in F1.

Good decision from BMW, back to the roots. Hopefully someone who didn't get in next years F1 team list can buy the team.

Shame, the team i support :( . I hope they will change their desicion ( so hard after now ).

But it makes sense actually. I was wondering why BMW could'nt improve itself like Mclaren and Ferrari this year. Even Kubica fought for 2nd place in Melbourne. So this is the reason : They would leave :( :crying:

Raikkonen is supposed to retire at the end of 2009 I heard. If that's the case I see Kubica switching to Ferrari, then there's Alonso. Who will get the seat? Then there's Williams...

Well Williams are my team so I have never been a fan of BMW as a team, but I was looking forward to having 26 teams on the grid next year, so I hope Bernie gets on the blower to Dave Richards at Prodrive and gets them in.

To see Villeneuve come back to F1 (he had voiced interest) would be awesome. Hey, with Schumacher replacing Massa for a few races, who knows what next year hols? Champ vs. Champ :D

USF1 may field Villeneuve, but it's unlikely. Perhaps one of the newer teams looking for an experienced driver.

So, who'll get the spot? Lola, Aston Martin, Prodrive or Prodrive + Aston Marin?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 393 40.1%