Cars BMW 320i STW/BTCC

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 'introduction' of the diesel-engine for the enduro-version would sort of be a 'first' for Assetto, right?

Looking forward to seeing this as it progresses. :thumbsup:

Patrick i love your Bmw, absolutely stunning!!! could i make some skins for you please? i like to add some more skins to this great mod.
Thank you and congratulations Patrick, absolutely i´m hungry to drive that bmw

Thanks to RD for providing place to discuss these mods and their development (since Kunos decided to close down modding section on their official forums)

This is going to be a replica of the STW/BTCC factory BMW 320i, it will come in 2 variants ( BTCC/STW and the Endurance Diesel *winner of 24h Nordschleife )

there's still a long way to go, I only finished UV mapping and baking AO, so the texturing of the exterior can start. Probably already know but everything about our projects is scratch made

Most work is to be done on interior, there's pretty much nothing inside at the moment,
I'm hoping to release late in 2016, hopefully enough time

physics at the moment is somewhat questionable,
our physics guys Bobskype and Lunae ( David Massieux ) are currently not responding, so pretty much no updates on physics so far, so we shall see how it goes

thanks to everyone who was helping on the project so far
Fonsecker - sounds
Ben Lee - phtography/reference and support
Lunae - physics
bimmer02.jpg

View attachment 139833

View attachment 139834
Very excited for this, modelling work looks superb! I bet the interior will be interesting!

It went far better than our first attempt at a recording... I tried last year to do a recording of a 320 STW however during the recording it would seem the mic actually got damaged and the right channel was never the same afterwards, so that recorder got thrown in the bin. See below for that effort.

This recording was done in a much different way. I used a separate boom mic with a higher SPL and placed it above the drivers head near the windscreen in order to try and capture as much engine note as possible. Even taking all this into account, I still dont think the recording is useful in terms of sampling, perhaps the tranny whine, but not the engine itself.

Recorded using Zoom H1 Sound recorder and Rode VideoMicPro.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 310 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 206 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 156 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.5%