AC BMW 320i STW-BTCC @ Red Bull Ring - Mon 04 May 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Bit disappointing that about 20 seconds after Dennis tells everyone they need to find a gap in qualy, someone divebombs me on the outlap and takes me off the track. Are some people so fixated on themselves they think the rules don't apply to them?
Sorry to hear that Steve. I guess the guys that weren't on TS didn't get the message. I kinda hope it was one of those guys. :(
I need to start typing instructions as well. It was easier for hosts when TS was mandatory, but I understand why some people prefer not to join the TS channel.

Last edited:
Many thanks, @Denis Betty for this great combo :) :thumbsup:. Love this Bimmer.
First race was crazy. Started 19th, moved up to 13th, I think behind @joeymac and @Raresch when Joey spun in T1 and blocked Raresch and me. I had to let to whole field pass for a safe re-enter. But in the end finished 10th. In the second race I had a very good start and managed to be very consistent with almost every lap in the 38's. And because @Ronnie Böhme somehow disappeared and Jason made a few mistakes I finished on the podium (3th). Very happy with that and the lot of fun this event was:). Thanks everyone for racing :thumbsup: !

@Fatalist88 Alistair: I watched in the replay the contact we had which made you go off in the last race. I think it wasn't my fault because I was still in front of you and on the racing line but I'm not totally sure.

Many thanks, @Denis Betty for this great combo :) :thumbsup:. Love this Bimmer.
First race was crazy. Started 19th, moved up to 13th, I think behind @joeymac and @Raresch when Joey spun in T1 and blocked Raresch and me. I had to let to whole field pass for a safe re-enter. But in the end finished 10th. In the second race I had a very good start and managed to be very consistent with almost every lap in the 38's. And because @Ronnie Böhme somehow disappeared and Jason made a few mistakes I finished on the podium (3th). Very happy with that and the lot of fun this event was:). Thanks everyone for racing :thumbsup: !

@Fatalist88 Alistair: I watched in the replay the contact we had which made you go off in the last race. I think it wasn't my fault because I was still in front of you and on the racing line but I'm not totally sure.

Apologies for that @HF2000 & @Raresch. Unfortunately you guys were right behind me so I had no time to get out of the way. After a good start in race 2 I was similarly blocked by an incident on the exit of turn 3, which led me to doing some involuntary doughnuts. It was nice to be ahead of a few of you for a while all the same. I had a good start from the back in both races, skillfully luckily avoiding the turn 1 troubles each time, but unfortunately it didn't last. In the second race I chose the mediums and they were like ice blocks for the majority so I eventually pitted and put on the softs to try and get at least one decent lap in, but by then I has to get out of the way of the leaders. I'll need more practice before for the next one because I'd like to be a bit closer to you all, but it was a good lesson. Thanks again to @Denis Betty.

And because @Ronnie Böhme somehow disappeared
Yeah, sadly I had a very strange server disconnect. First TS cut out for a minute or two but I still saw the Guys in front of me battling. Then TS came back and a minute later I got disconnected from the server :cry:.
Until that moment a fun and very demanding race. The car is a blast to drive and besides the unfinished cockpit a beautiful mod with great sound (the low pitch howling at higher speeds is a bit disturbing, but I'm not certain if it's actually accurate).
Thanks for the great race guys and to @Denis Betty for organizing :thumbsup:

Thanks @Denis Betty for hosting this :thumbsup:. Imho the car was quiet easy to drive and I think it could handle a more twisty track like Croft (Nissan vs BMW). @Axel Moebius did you say anything after you passed me? I had the volume of teamspeak down and could barely here my name. Was fun having you behind me for most of the time. When I think about it, giving you the outside into T1 was a mistake. First victory at home would have been nice :)
Edit: Damn I really thought you passed me only once into T1. Completely forgot what happend before in that lap. It was never me who made the choice of who is taking which line... Looks like my brain was at 110% :D

Sorry John, don't have it. Speaking of it, when we are doing 2x25 races, CM only keeps the replay of the last race. Anybody knows how to fix that?

Yes @640er . I just said that T1 was yours to take as you were a car length in front. But you went off the throttle way before the turn, so I had to take it :whistling: But nice racing you all 25 min. You had great pace, so it was not easy getting past.:thumbsup:

Had a blast in both races. Race 1 I floored it in 2 gear turn 1 and had a spin. Lots of work ahead:)
Race 2 I selected 2 gear way too quick and got really slow off the line. Then there was some trouble in T1 for some off the fast guys, and Andreas and I could get away.:ninja:

Regarding replays. It seems rather random if both races are saved. I have multiple saves with both races. Yesterday only race 2.

Yes @640er . I just said that T1 was yours to take as you were a car length in front. But you went off the throttle way before the turn, so I had to take it :whistling: But nice racing you all 25 min. You had great pace, so it was not easy getting past.:thumbsup:
Ah don't tell me that.:D Guess after I hit you in the Group C race I was too cautious. Damn... :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back