rF2 BMW 320 Turbo GTO @ Watkins Glen - Thu 27 Feb 2020

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Hey guys, after today's event could someone post a .vcr file of one of their quickest laps here? I need to do some serious analysis on what the hell I'm doing wrong. I see little or no improvement in my relative lap times week after week.

FWIW - my PB this week (yesterday) was only around 1:36.8.

Thanks!

Basically i was happy with my performance, pace was there for 3rd or even 2nd place.
Unfortunately the races weren´t that lucky...but that´s how it is...onwards and upwards

The battle with @andrea_274 was great. Was very hard to keep him behind.
Don´t worry mate for touching me i the first corner. Only bad thing about it was that we couldn´t finalize our fight.
Up until then (first 20 Min.) it was good, fair and clean racing by you!! Well done!!
I don´t know if you realized, but i waited for you after our crash, hoping to battle it out and have fun till the end. But unfortunately your front wing was gone, so i decided to go on when i saw you going in the pits for repair...just to realize that i didn´t have enough fuel :D
It´s a bit strange. Crew Chief told me "Last Lap" (which i had enough fuel for so i pinned it). But after the lap he said "One more lap!"...That was it then...0,6L left for fnal lap. No chance, even switched of the engine in some sections.

Anyway...enjoyed the evening with that car, next time will be better!!

@newbert Dang, sorry for you and your PC problems. Don´t worry about pace and being a threat. You would have not been. Just focus on yourself. Hope for you to have a better time next time!!
Maybe we should really train a bit together for next race....

I will upload my onboard later.

Cheers Dan

@newbert Dang, sorry for you and your PC problems. Don´t worry about pace and being a threat. You would have not been. Just focus on yourself.
Couldn't agree more, stick with us Bert. Let's see what we can do about getting you up to a point where you are in close battles. After that, we'll see how far you can take it. :)

I was reminded of some software that may help with lap comparisons. It's for rF1, which uses .vcr files for replays, ut it might work? It's called Vcr Merge (thanks to @Stuart Thomson ). I didn't have record hotlaps turned on last night.

Edit: VCRmerge doesn't work, but I found this https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/rf2-replay-office-set-of-tools.45062/

Couldn't agree more, stick with us Bert. Let's see what we can do about getting you up to a point where you are in close battles. After that, we'll see how far you can take it. :)

I was reminded of some software that may help with lap comparisons. It's for rF1, which uses .vcr files for replays, ut it might work? It's called Vcr Merge (thanks to @Stuart Thomson ). I didn't have record hotlaps turned on last night.

Edit: VCRmerge doesn't work, but I found this https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/rf2-replay-office-set-of-tools.45062/
Thanks for the link, Denis. I already have that software, so all I need is a fast lap recorded to .vcr file so that I can start comparing.

Just wondering whether anyone is willing to analyze specific things where/how I can improve, based upon my fastest practice lap at the Glen? RD doesn't allow attaching a .vcr file here, but I could e-mail (or possibly PM it?) to anyone willing to look at it.

Thanks!
Bert

Just wondering whether anyone is willing to analyze specific things where/how I can improve, based upon my fastest practice lap at the Glen? RD doesn't allow attaching a .vcr file here, but I could e-mail (or possibly PM it?) to anyone willing to look at it.

Thanks!
Bert

Hey Bert,
if you somehow manage to post it here, sure we could have a look!!

If you have a youtube account you could upload it and not post it as public, but only the way that everybody who has a link to it can watch it. Same as the link i sended you via PM of a youtube vid last week.
I think it´s to big for sending via mail or pm.

Or you could upload it to dropbox or equivalent and post the link here.

Another good way (basically the most professional one) for comparison would be telemetry.
With the so called Damplugin for RF2 you could record telemetry and then open it in Motec Software.
This way you could compare your telemetry with others lap by lap.
It´s a proper way to see differences in driving. Throttle. brake, steering and see exactly where you loose and gain time corner by corner.
I could help you with analyzing of course! Even with a Skype session f.e.

BTW: You raced with standard setup or you changed something in setup of the car?
With standard setup i was able to do good 1:30´s if i remember correctly.

Cheers Dan

Last edited:
Hey Bert,
if you somehow manage to post it here, sure we could have a look!!

If you have a youtube account you could upload it and not post it as public, but only the way that everybody who has a link to it can watch it. Same as the link i sended you via PM of a youtube vid last week.
I think it´s to big for sending via mail or pm.

Or you could upload it to dropbox or equivalent and post the link here.

Another good way (basically the most professional one) for comparison would be telemetry.
With the so called Damplugin for RF2 you could record telemetry and then open it in Motec Software.
This way you could compare your telemetry with others lap by lap.
It´s a proper way to see differences in driving. Throttle. brake, steering and see exactly where you loose and gain time corner by corner.
I could help you with analyzing of course! Even with a Skype session f.e.

BTW: You raced with standard setup or you changed something in setup of the car?
With standard setup i was able to do good 1:30´s if i remember correctly.

Cheers Dan
HI Dan,

Actually the file size isn't large at all. (277KB). I'll try your Dropbox suggestion before researching the "Damplugin".

Regarding the setup I used - All I did was adjust fuel load and increased 5th gear by one or two notches. My best lap with that setup was in the high 1:36s.

EDIT: Not sure that this will work but here's the link to the file in my Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f9ucdxv4xcm8n76/Watkins Glen Boot Compare Hotlaps.Vcr?dl=0

Note: It's a recording of 2 merged laps, so just ignore the slower car. If/when anyone provides guidance/suggestions, please refer to the lap-timer to specify reference points rather than names of turns.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 176 14.0%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%