rF2 BMW 320 Turbo GTO @ Sebring - Thu 05 Dec 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Is it just me, or is racing in VR particularly difficult with this car/track? What I'm experiencing is:

1. In the cockpit (in VR), I feel like I'm sitting w-a-y back - almost in the back seat. I haven't noticed this in any other car so far. The driver positioning in single screen is fine though.
Can't talk about VR, but going between this car and the V8 we'll be driving on Saturday is a perfect example of how wildly different the mods for rF2 can be compared to each other (which kinda frustrates me, but they're free mods, so I guess I can't complain much). For example, the default seating position in this car is quite far back IMO, just like you mentioned. The engine is very quiet and hard to hear even with engine at 100%.

Meanwhile with the V8, the default seating position is really close and low, and even with seat adjustment to the max, it still feels way too close to the wheel for me, and I also have to set the seat a lot higher and pitch the view down a lot to get a seating position that feels right (which I then have to readjust if I want to drive a different car). And the engine is unbearably loud in the mix, to the point where I'm at like 30% engine volume and it's still a bit too loud...

And let's not even go to the FFB. Let's just say I always groan when I see a car mod that offers multiple FFB options on the tuning screen (and generally when I see a mod with a lot of options there, but FFB in particular), because that's a dead giveaway I will struggle to find a reasonable setting and probably have other issues with the mod (like those mentioned above).

So yeah, these things can be complicated with mods.

I have to drop out for today, guys. This track/car combo is way too tough for me to be anything but a moving hazard. :( I was in practice and could barely complete a clean lap and was still 17 secs off the pace. I won't ruin a race for you guys, but hope to see you next week.

It's off to trying iRacing and AI for me.....

Have Fun and Good Luck!

Last edited:
The car is great, no doubt. And especially the second race was a lot of fun. Sadly I was having a lot of technical issues today (so apologies for disappearing from TS, my PC restarted while I was trying to solve. Game crash at the last lap of a great second race was not fun.

Sorry for that incident in the first race @Andres Sanchez, I spun out trying to avoid another car and tried to get back into the race as fast as possible, but kinda didn't realize where the racing line in the Sunset bend is (or rather how many lines there are), so it wasn't the best rejoin from me :( And I'm doubly sorry if that incident was the reason you left shortly afterwards and skipped the second race as well :(

But again, the car (and track) are obviously great, thank you for the race!

Thanks for that chaps, that was good fun! Race 1 was pretty cool as i was chasing Kreshnik for pretty much the whole race. He finally made a mistake and i sneaked through for the last couple of laps. I found it very difficult to drive the car in the aerodynamic wash of his car, so clear air felt amazing! If anyone struggled with the power oversteer in this car i recommend you try my setup, as it totally changed it's behavior for me, and i was able to almost go full throttle out the slower turns. Compared to my video earlier i made some big time gains mostly through setup:
Thanks all!

I enjoyed the race as well. Very interesting and wild car demanding respect. Never before I had the opportunity to drive that car. What I found very useful was 2 sprint races with short break allowing for some adjustments to the car. That was really fun and of course Sebring is always special to me.

Enjoyed the combo in practice but I was very inconsistent come race times and I was quickly behind and frustrated in both races.....:(
Cheers to all drivers and thanks @Denis Betty for the event.:)

I always find it weird when you are a lot faster, or on pace I should say, but then in another car you are slow ...I always struggle in GT3, but I am ok (just) in other cars ...weird.

I have to drop out for today, guys. This track/car combo is way too tough for me to be anything but a moving hazard. :( I was in practice and could barely complete a clean lap and was still 17 secs off the pace. I won't ruin a race for you guys, but hope to see you next week.

It's off to trying iRacing and AI for me.....

Have Fun and Good Luck!
Don't give up Bert.
Never ever give up. ;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 237 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 235 10.6%
  • < 4 years