rF2 BMW 320 Turbo GTO @ Sebring - Thu 05 Dec 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Quick reference lap of the car in action:
Don't know the exact lap time in that video. But the length of the video itself is a HELLUVALOT faster than my fastest lap time so far. :( If we were required to be within a given percentage of fastest qualy lap, I'd definitely be on the sidelines.

As is, I'm afraid I'll be more of a moving chicane than ever this week. Good thing this track is nice and W-I-D-E! :D

Don't know the exact lap time in that video. But the length of the video itself is a HELLUVALOT faster than my fastest lap time so far. :( If we were required to be within a given percentage of fastest qualy lap, I'd definitely be on the sidelines.

As is, I'm afraid I'll be more of a moving chicane than ever this week. Good thing this track is nice and W-I-D-E! :D
Ross is generally considered to be a bit rapid. ;)

Hello Racers,

Made a little video with some bla bla about car and, more important maybe, track and how I drive it.

Hope you enjoy and it helps anybody...

Cheers Dan

Thanks, Dan! Excellent informative video and just what a perennial backmarker like me needs. I really appreciate that you took the time to create this video. I'm looking forward to trying your setup adjustments.

BTW - What range are your lap times in?

Thanks, Dan! Excellent informative video and just what a perennial backmarker like me needs. I really appreciate that you took the time to create this video. I'm looking forward to trying your setup adjustments.

BTW - What range are your lap times in?

You're welcome mate!!

@Denis Betty is a lap time range allowed?

Anyway, don't focus on times... Just demotivates you if you are to far of I think.
Just have fun at the race, rest will come to you.
When I started at racedepartement I was happy not becoming last. Currently I'm happy when I don't get lapped... Those are my goals step by step.

Is it just me, or is racing in VR particularly difficult with this car/track? What I'm experiencing is:

1. In the cockpit (in VR), I feel like I'm sitting w-a-y back - almost in the back seat. I haven't noticed this in any other car so far. The driver positioning in single screen is fine though. And,

2. Since Sebring is an old airport, there are very few visual cues other than cones (at least to my eyes) to denote braking points, etc. So, it's tougher than most other circuits for me to "hit my marks" in single screen - and next to impossible in VR (for me). It's certainly a good thing that much of the circuit has very generous runoff areas though. :p

Has anyone else noticed these things?

Is it just me, or is racing in VR particularly difficult with this car/track? What I'm experiencing is:

1. In the cockpit (in VR), I feel like I'm sitting w-a-y back - almost in the back seat. I haven't noticed this in any other car so far. The driver positioning in single screen is fine though. And,

2. Since Sebring is an old airport, there are very few visual cues other than cones (at least to my eyes) to denote braking points, etc. So, it's tougher than most other circuits for me to "hit my marks" in single screen - and next to impossible in VR (for me). It's certainly a good thing that much of the circuit has very generous runoff areas though. :p

Has anyone else noticed these things?

Yes, it's often that the position in VR is not correct. You then can either adjust your seat or center the vr view in a different position, like more behind, to have it correct in your seating position.

Brake markers, well there are some. I'm some areas its changing the road texture to dark color, in other sections there are white lines crossing the track.
When will you be on the server tomorrow? (UTC time).

Yes, it's often that the position in VR is not correct. You then can either adjust your seat or center the vr view in a different position, like more behind, to have it correct in your seating position.

Brake markers, well there are some. I'm some areas its changing the road texture to dark color, in other sections there are white lines crossing the track.
When will you be on the server tomorrow? (UTC time).

Dan - Thanks for all your help!

Would you know how/where to adjust my seat position in VR? (I'd like to move it a bit forward.)

I expect to be on the server about 1 hour before Official Practice starts - about 19:00 UTC.

You can bind buttons or keys to it. I believe standard mapping is the Num Keys.

I'll be there on server and TeamSpeak around same time.

See you then...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 314 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing