The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyergtc76.jpg

Servername: RD GTL Racing Club
Class: BMW 320 Gr5 mod
Track: Mosport 09 / Dijon-Prenois GP
Start Time: 19.00 GMT
Practice: 20 min
Qualification: 10 min (1 timed lap only)
Race: 2 x 18 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: Default skins that come with the mod only

Attachments

• BMW_320_Gr5_Mod_for_GTL.jpg
    BMW_320_Gr5_Mod_for_GTL.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 447
Gents - I uninstalled TS3 (it keeps your bookmarks) and then re-installed from my original downloaded install (which was way before all the current little online updates).

I'm back on the RD TS server fine like that.

Well it was fun for a while.
Had a great time racing with Bob in Race 1, but he was always quicker out of the critical last turn. Kept the beast on the black stuff and managed a P3.

Race 2, wasn't so good. I lost TS when Ramon updated the TS Server, and kept getting a windows error from then on. In the race, the opening laps, it was just a case of trying to dodge the spinning cars around me, so never actually got going. Then after a couple of laps, my connection dropped out. Hope you all had fun. :frown:

These cars were quite good fun though.

That was a horror story.

I seem to always go from one good evening, such as tuesday ,to having a total howler, like tongiht. I like the car, but couldn't get the setup to behave during practice so I kept loosing the back under braking and then understeering in the turns.

Race one I was able to snatch 2nd from Steven at the start and tried to hold onto Lenno but it was never going to happen. I eventually span and fell down the order, during my recovery I had a nice battle with Carlos but I eventually lost him and more places.

Race two - I made a shocker of a qually lap, loosing the front in teh tricky double hairpin and going off. I completed the lap but I was still dead last. I managed to gain 6 places off the line thanks to a lucky start. Then gained 2 more after accidents ahead. This put me 3rd and I was really happy, attempted to pull back Lenno and Ross but pushed too hard, wen't off and lost places.....

While attempting to claw my way back through the field I lost the front again at Turn 2...this time I speard straight of and hit the blunt end of the tyre barrier. Both front wheels fell off and the engine died......that, as they say, was that.

Better luck next time I guess, cheers for setting up Stu. Looking forward to giving this car another test later. I can tell it'll be great when I set it up properly.

Great cars and a couple of great tracks..........

Had a lovely lap for Pole Race 1 but a had terrible get away and was jumped by Tom and Gary....from then on I was forever going backwards or sideways :) eventually got it together long enough to give Carlos a bit of a battle at the end....angry with myself for throwing away a good race ....but it was a good race, nonetheless.

Race 2 and had a bit of a better start........once the first few laps and spinners were out the way I settled in and had a nice race with Marc,Wayne,and Carlos. After Marc and Wayne's formation spins it was down to me and Carlos to battle it out for 3rd. It was a great chase with Carlos eventually grabbing the last Podium place.

Grats to both Winners tonight...Gary and Ross...and all podium finishers.

Thanks to all racers tonight and Stu for the start of a what's looking to be a great series.

Honestly honestly grabbed the cars today and had bout half dozen Mosport laps to check out this gig,fluked a setup diff tweak that worked and felt good to sign up,just one little turn in particular that gave me untold grief that comes in to play race 2 :s.

Struggling badly at Dijon until i remembered the importance of a good diff tweak for these cars and again got it nicely sorted for qual begin,also gambled on a med gearing with no clicking,it was good enough for 2nd spot behind Stevey P.,i think my gearing came in to play at the start and very much helped define my race with a real good blast past Steve and have T1 with the lead,they were hanging around behind me though very menacing like!,managed to get the final turn nice and after T1 this time the gap was much bigger,so i really started gunning it a bit and managed to pull out some more,enjoyed every nervous lap though,really no letting up with these cars at all is there?.
Loaded up me setup from earlier and it was putting me in good shape with practice times,still i got that little scary warning or two at "that turn",took a contentious pole stealing an illicit second outlap :(,i was given a stern warning in the clerk of the course office and allowed to keep the pole :D,away dreadfull off the line this time almost smacking pitwall as i slewed away but just avoided doing that at the price of giving up first place to Ross,followed for a lap or 3? then got a run and pass done and attempted to pull some,but Ross wasnt having any of that and looked to be happily following me,until "That Turn" comes around again and it all goes lovely and wrong,horrid slo-mo spin around just like i do with such style in GTL 911's,Ross goes through and clears off,no fuss no messing,and despite some serious pushing,he increased the lead,so fairly doos there for a flawless win Ross.
Well done all there tonight making a decent enough wee grid to try out these mad cars,i was very apprehensive about them at first,but i can safely say i now like and enjoy them.

Thanks Stu & RD

I'll start off by saying that these cars are crazy, i really struggled to keep them under control in practise, and judging by the number of spinners at Dijon moreof us were experiencing the same thing.
Race 1: Can't remember where i qualified, but i got a decent start and moved up 1 place before T1. Up with the leaders, i threw away any podium hopes by spinning at the dreaded T4 (downhill left-hand hairpin) Got going again and avoided a few spinners in the next few laps to move up the order, getting into battles with Carlos and a couple of others along the way, also snatched FL in my efforts to close the gap ahead. However, my attempts to catch the guys in front were curtailed by 3 more spins! Eventually i scraped 4th, well behind the podium of gary, bob & warren. (congrats for keeping it on the black stuff!)

Race 2: Qualified 2nd behind Gary with a lap that was my quickest ever around Mosport, including practice- best time to do it i guess! Got another decent start and was ahead of the wheelspinning Gary into T1, and for the following 4 laps he was in my mirrors trying to pick his moment to pass. (I downshifted twice accidentally in the last sequence of bends and surprised you a bit, sorry!) On lap 4 Gary overtook me, but i was able to hang on in the slipstream for the next 2 laps before i got a little lucky and he spun it exiting the tight and slow right-hander before the back straight. From then on, i got my head down and banged in some consistent laps, making sure not to overcook it like i did in the previous race. Gradually eased off the pace a little bit as the gap went to 12s and had a drama-free run. Ironically, i wasn't very quick in this race (5th or 6th fastest lap) but the luxury of a clear track gave me a good advantage.

Thanks again stuart and the rest of the guys, another enjoyable evening's racing. These cars are a real challenge, but i reckon they'll provide some more quality action in the future.

Struggling badly at Dijon until i remembered the importance of a good diff tweak for these cars and again got it nicely sorted for qual begin,

Wanna tell us what it was?

I was running 20/30 in race one and had a nice bit of lift off oversteer, but put it up to 30/40 for race 2 for the more flowing corners of Mosport.

You was certainly in a league of your own for practice at Mosport hitting the high 25's. Was that all diff setting or was it experience racing round here in the past?

First of all & like Ross said, these cars are crazy good, I love driving them and can't wait until round 2 of the series.

After an average quali at Dijon I was sitting on the grid looking at all the cars and thought what a great sight & will have to post a pic of it later. Got a really good start and picked up a couple of places and then found myself behind Warren going into T1. I was glad not to have come together with anyone and thought right, take it easy on the opening lap and get the tyres up to temp. As I followed Warren I could see he was doing the same, plus there was a little gap behind me so no threat of anyone trying to overtake. Now in 4th & on the second lap I could see I was faster than Warren in few place but not enough to make a pass, I also noticed that he wasn't that good out of the last turn so I stayed close and sure enough got out of the last turn better and drafted Warren up the long straight and made the pass going into T1. The next couple of laps Warren stayed pretty close but always lost a bit coming out of the last turn. This allowed me to open up a little gap so I settled in and kept the laps clean. Tom was now coming into my sights so I just kept plodding along until he lost it going into the downhill left hander which gifted me second. By now Lenno was 6 seconds up the road & I wasn't about to push all out to try and catch him. As the gap increased to Warren I just thought the best thing to do was drive within myself and keep it on the island and bring it home for a finish. This I did and to my surprise still in 2nd. Thanks Warren for a nice little battle in the opening laps, grts to Lenno on the win.

Race 2, after a good quali, 3rd on the grid, the start this time was not so good and Marc managed to get by me. Going upto the tricky double right hander, you know the one I mean, I just clipped Marc, not expecting him to be as slow as he was going into the last bit, very sorry Marc as I ruined both our races with this. After waiting for Marc to rejoin I was now in last place so the race was over for me. After another couple of spins on the same corner, 4 in all out of the first 5 laps, I got me head together and pushed hard to see if I could beat my PB, this I managed but it was a lonely race until I met Stu, followed him around untill he had a moment at that corner and then drove the last few laps until the chequered flag.

Thanks Stu for putting a great mod with some great tracks, & like I said before can't wait until the next round. Grts to Lenno & Ross on their wins tonight, thanks to all the guys that showed up and hope to see ya all there for round 2 in 2 weeks time.

Shocking results for me, but ironically, still massively good fun in these cars :good:

Only issue was some bad luck where I ended up trying to avoid other people's issues, and ending up far worse off than them.

eg. Wayne had a spin, I had to brake hard to avoid, locked up, and he rolled across my now unalterable line and bang - off went my front splitter. Hence the 95 second pitstop in race 1, which kind of borked my race.

But - it's swings and roundabouts, and no-one was doing things on purpose, so c'est la vie. I don't lose my rag if it's accidental.

I'm looking forward to the next 320 event.

Here's a small tip for you regarding the next event... practice your pitstops. :good:

maybe the worst GTL night for me.
Sorry for disturbing and all the bad driving.

No training at all and just get on the track 5min before the quali to find out these beasts are hell to drive didn't help either.
So djion was more like learning the car for me. But lost it 2 times just in front of marc and the second time I destroyed my right front wheel somehow
and pitted for like forever. Was about 3laps down and dead last :p

2race was much better in the beginning. Had a cracking battle with Steven, Reed and Diaz. Made a move on Reed on the long straight and made it stick.
But then lost it 2 times in the chicane and the in t1 again with a huge impact and maybe only one wheel left. Think would be dead in real life :(

sorry folks for all that.
hope for better driving by me the next time.

Race 1
Started somewhere in the upper half of the field but had huge wheelspin at the start causing me to almost stand still and get into the first corner in second to last place. As was already mentioned there were several cars spinning on the first few laps and being that far back you're always taking avoiding action. Little did I expect this car to be that tricky in terms of last second direction changes when you're already in the middle of a corner... so I spun myself about 6-8 times in total, but almost always I could have done something else to avoid it. Therefore I was quite frustrated after the first race due to my own stupid driving.

Before the start of race 2 I already informed Manuel that I couldn't take another race like the first one.. ooh my nerves! ;)

Race 2
Started in 4th place and got past Bob before the first corner, very clean racing there from everyone from what I could see. Because the field was quite close room was always given to all drivers, liked that a lot. :thumb:
Unfortunately I took a somewhat slow line through Moss corner as I usually do in the first lap and got a very slight tap from Bob unsettling my car enough to spin. No worries Bob, it was me going very slow out of that corner... thanks for waiting and I'm sorry as well that you've been in last place there. As mentioned before I was quite frustrated but thought I could cruise somewhat to let Bob catch me to have some racing. Stupid as always I was not used to the somewhat slower pace causing me to shift into wrong gear in a corner sending me straight into the tires. Quit right there due to my own stupid driving, hope everyone else had some good races.

Thanks to Stu&RD for the great combo, liked the car very much and tracks are great anyway!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%