1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EU BMW 235i @ Zandvoort - Tues 07Nov17

Discussion in 'R3E Racing Club & Leagues' started by Ross Garland, Oct 23, 2017.

Added to Calendar: 07-11-17
  1. John Greene

John Greene

Ratings:
    +33
    thank
    No worry. Great run

• Like Like x 2
  2. Frank Steinbach

Frank Steinbach
    Premium

Ratings:
    +108
    New car for me and though I would have preferred the GP layout, Zandvoort in any form is always good fun! :)
    My usual starting procedure to survive the first corner and not murder any of my fellow racers saw me loosing one respectively two positions in both races.
    But resulted in some close racing action to the finish line with Radek and Anders. :thumbsup:
    At least for the first race, as Anders was able to pass both of us in race 2 and challenge Patrick for a podium fight. Nicely done!
    Passing was only possible with the help of your opponent, but I was really surprised by the slipstream or more the lack of it in this car on the start/finish line.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Jonas Hillert

Jonas Hillert
    Premium

Ratings:
    +303
    lol I talked about the Thread title and not about the 1st Post with all details. Is it much of a problem to call the Thread BMW M235I @Zandvoort Club?? Then everything is clear and obvious ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +365
    I don’t know how this is handled for clubraces with other titles like AC, PC2, AMS etc.. But with calling the layout in the the topic title, the correct tracklayout is displayed in the agenda. That would be the biggest benefit imho. :thumbsup:

And as the thinker I am, I’ve been thinking about the benefit for these kind of layouts. And my own conclusion is that these kind of tracks are excellent for developing our race krafts. While that may be less important for you faster guys because you are already skilled af ;), but for us - the poor souls, mere human beings :roflmao: - it’s a great opportunity to learn and develop ourselves. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    R3E & AMS Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,047
    Yes it is. Event thread titles need to be kept as short as possible so that a) they look ok in the calendar and b) they look ok on any device someone is using to view the forums. That's why the dates were recently truncated, so reduce the title length.

As already stated, full info is available in the very first post. If you're too lazy to read it then that is not our fault.

6. Jonas Hillert

Jonas Hillert
    Premium

Ratings:
    +303
    I´m not too lazy to read the full description, it´s just confusing! Sorry that I shared my opinion about the track/car combo. And that I criticized something, seems like criticism is no longer allowed here at RD :(:thumbsdown:

• Haha Haha x 1
  7. Lars Hansen

Lars Hansen
    Buggered if I know..... Premium

Ratings:
    +1,447
    I think you'll find that criticism is not only allowed, but encouraged.
    The only way that staffers can know whether or not they're doing things right is if people tell them.
    But......
    As with any form of communication, it's not only what you say, but how you say it.
    And the first quote is probably not how I'd advise going about it. :D
    Had you simply asked why the full track-title wasn't in the headline, Ross could've told you the reason behind it, and that would've been the end of that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +365
    “C’est le ton qui fait la musique.”

Those who play at bowls, must look out for rubs. While I agree with you about mentioning the layout in the title, I also see the point of RD at keeping the event titles as short as possible. It’s a typical status quo, like so many things in life.

But saying you can’t criticize anymore here at RD, I suggest you should review how you wrote down your criticism in the first place. An average reader doesn’t have to be a genius to expect a blunt response...

My educated guess is that when your posting was written down as constructive criticism instead of slating criticism, you would have had a different conversation (with the same outcome).

Just think twice about letting your emotions flow and not put down your feelings/criticism/opinions in an emotional wave in the heat of the moment. Everyone who reads it, doesn’t know your emotion behind it. And how it’s written down it gives a negative impression. While it’s likely you even didn’t mean it that blunt. It’s just one of the biggest drawbacks of all these letters and words on a forum instead of face to face contact. All personal context and human impression is missing :).

/edit: to be totally clear, this isn’t by any means an attack on your person. It’s just me saying with a lot of words to be nice and think twice when posting on RD. It’s a common issue I experience in many topics. Waaaaaayyyyy more blunt than this... This era looks more and more polarized because opinions are mistakenly stated as facts. ;):thumbsup:

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +918
    snap, i wish i had problems like you have :rolleyes:

10. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,424
    ;)

11. Björn Johansson

Björn Johansson
    Premium

Ratings:
    +331
    Hi all
    Sorry for my late respond, Congrats to all podium players
    and great thank you to all admins for making this fun for us.

My own performance was as good as it gets with all you alliens :p
    far back at the grid that is. Race 1 sorry for the push on i think it was nr 17
    I try´d for the longest time not to, but you never get going :(.
    So as a rule I came out last :redface: . Race 2 I didn´t take the risk stay behind you.;)
    What was really scary was all those cars coming
    and going, not sure if it was race 1 or 2 I got a black screen coming back to desk top:confused::confused:
    my luck was that it was coming out on the straight so I got out off the throttle and had to really
    slow down . Think I scare´d you good there Lars.
    Haven´t seen those things in a long time, from what I can recall
    And for Patrick vd M don´t even think about it, race accident and I was going a bit wide also. :thumbsup:

Will take some time off now , nothing to do wit PC 2.
    But I have a intense working week ahead lot off over time hours to be made.
    Workshop meetings all week long .
    See you all :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 5
  12. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +944
    My god what a ridiculous thing to go ape:poop: about, over something so trivial.
    Do you hear me going ape :poop: about my hemorrhoids the size of walnuts hanging out my :poop:er, while screaming like a girl, no you don't. Just kidding about the hemorrhoids, but I do scream like a girl.:roflmao:

Where were you when when we no longer got race results.
    Which I personally use to improve my driving and consistently etc. And averaged out my results every two months to see if I was improving. The detail in the results is extremely useful. Good for rookies to have and see and still useful to the alien. With a sense of improvement and achievement, as it is a competition after all. Every sport has results otherwise what would be the point, nor would it be a sport. Yes you can get result at the end of the race but we are racing in a club, isn't that where they should be. Now that's something going ape:poop: about.:thumbsup:
    Not that would make any difference in any way you put it. As I've asked and tried before with a, pretty please with a cherry on top. Got no reply or the results posted of my first official win. I literally said on TeamSpeak I'm going to get a screenshot of that and put it in a frame and hanging on my wall. Gutted.:cry: Apparently for some reason and somehow it ruins the fun and makes it too competitive or something..Humm.
    What's next, default setups only.:whistling: So if you want results and you want to setup your car etc, you will need to join in are league racing.:whistling:;);)
    This time next year, no overtaking :roflmao: That should do it.:giggle: It's a bloody conspiracy :roflmao:.

Anyway just read the whole bloody event post not just the title, read the rest and then you will know it all. No Biggie..

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
    • Like Like x 5
  13. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    R3E & AMS Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,047
    Couldn't have said it better myself. :thumbsup:

14. Daniel Nieto

Daniel Nieto
    Premium

Ratings:
    +88
    Oh Martin please! you don't had even to say it, I heard u when racing (I'm not talking in races because my f... push to talk button is in the screen of the phone..) and the true is yes I saw me braking a little earlier but with that u did it great. I hope see u soon to keep having fun on the track man.

• Love Love x 2