rF2 BMW 2002tii @ Ahvenisto - Thu 12 Nov 2020

rFactor 2 Racing Club event

Denis Betty

The older I get, the better I was.
Staff
Premium
rf2-bmw-2002tii-imola72-jpg.332744

Welcome to the rFactor2 racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help then don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us: Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information

Racing Club Rules: Click here
Server and Teamspeak Password: Click here
Teamspeak Installation Guide: Click here (the menu-bar link to connect to us on TS is no longer on RD but the info on this page will explain how to create a bookmark and enter your real name - don't hesitate to ask in this thread if you need help!)
Incident Reporting: Click here

We highly recommend that you join us on TeamSpeak, and that you use an app called Crew Chief. It's an audio spotter that tells you when cars are alongside, greatly increasing your awareness and reducing unnecessary incidents. You can download it here.

Server Name:
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM 2002tii
Cars: BMW 2002tii (Download)
Track: Ahvenisto (Steam)

Practice: 20:00 UTC (20 minutes)
Qualifying: 20:20 UTC (10 minutes)
Warm Up: 20:30 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 1: 20:35 UTC (25 minutes)

No warm up - There will be a short pause and then straight into Race 2 with starting slots = finishing places from R1

Race 2:
21:00 UTC (25 minutes)

Entry List - 24 slots
  1. Denis Betty
  2. Jack Smith
  3. Jim Carvalho
  4. akephoe
  5. Daniel R.
  6. max1966i
  7. Dean Maković
  8. Kresh
  9. Roland
  10. Steve Le Gallez
  11. Yves Larose
  12. Luca Ciarfella
  13. Free slot
  14. Free slot
  15. Free slot
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot
  20. Free slot
  21. Free slot
  22. Free slot
  23. Free slot
  24. Free slot
Reserve list
  1. Reserve
  2. Reserve
UTP #27 DB

SERVER IS UP!

Last edited:
Sign me up please @Denis Betty
Good choice. :thumbsup: I'm in.
Awesome, thanks for the early sign ups chaps. :D
Sign me in please as i hope to make it after one week off
Only one week? Feels like so much longer. ;)
Great to have you back sir. This combo will put a grin on your face, I'm sure. :)
Sign me up please, missed this club so much, couldn't sleep for a week from crying.... Now I feel better, thank you
I'm sorry..... do I know you? ;)
Welcome back mate. :)
I'm in...
Always great to have you join us buddy. :)

OK, we have a decent start, let's hope for a decent grid this week.
@Yves Larose will you be joining us this week? Hope you'll not be busy with something else. You're gonna like the combo. :)

@Yves Larose will you be joining us this week? Hope you'll not be busy with something else. You're gonna like the combo. :)

I still don't know if i'm gonna be able to join, work is stll very busy :( but i did try the combo and its a nice one and i think tire wear will have to be manage cause after a few laps running pretty much the default setup my crew chief told me that i had a little bit of tire wear at the rear.

Edit: and i'm hoping i will receive my Fanatec gear this week, i will just need to complete building my new rig for it ;)

Last edited:
@Ole Marius Myrvold and @Daniel R. do you guy's know what should be the names for the windows and all the rest so they will show ingame ? each time i try the windows and all the rest shows as an alt skin of the car. thanks for the help ;)

You need to make a .mas file containing all the files IIRC.
Haven't done a window-file since April/May, but I seem to remember this being the case.

Just remembered I made some liveries for this the last time we used the mod. Just copy-pasting my post from then.

I think I've said it in some threads now, I like to see colors/different cars on the grid. And this mod only got 5 liveries to choose from, so I've made 5 more, some classic, some obscure, but all inspired from real life. Though car 1 and 2 was hard to get information on, both cars were from early 80's RX, with little pictures and mostly homemade recording from the stands to go on.

First out, Piet Dam's Levis sponsored BMW 320i RX, put on our 2002tii. - Download Link
fWq09eZ.jpg

#2 Piet Dam, A.Hak sponsored BMW 320i RX, put on our 2002tii - Download Link
fnipnEa.jpg

#3 Classic Jägermeister - Download Link
BcqTv0m.jpg

#4 Classic BMW - Download Link
pVgbbso.jpg

#5 Classic BMW - Dark - Download Link
CRcrjh1.jpg

NOTE: Car #52 in game does not work to well with all cars due to different bumper and chassis. Some does work on #52 though. Also note that different bumpers, rear spoiler etc. can slightly change the car from what's shown on renders.
How to use:

Choose a car in game. Click tuning/customize, and "create dir".
Find the created folder in: Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor2\UserData\player\Settings\BMW 2002\BMW_*Number of the car*
Paste the dds file there, and choose it on tuning/customize in game (You have to click reload if you haven't exited the game when pasting in the dds file)

As before, I just make this because I find it fun, and interesting to keep learning (gotta do something when furloughed). No expectations that anyone will use any cars. But the opportunity are there if anyone want to :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 273 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 399 40.0%