AC BMW 1M S3 @ Silverstone Int - Thu 15 May 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
If you have trouble with turn-in understeer, try 0 toe at the front wheels ("7" at TOE LF & RF). One or two clicks on the front camber (-3,4 real) will help too!

Enjoyed that and it was my 1st finsih in 3 races, so improvement lol. They've got to improve the collision physics soon (fingers crossed) really is a race spoiler.

nice finish, ran out of fuel in last chicane :D

Attachments

• Unbenannt.jpg
    Unbenannt.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 261
Enjoyed that race - first time I've made no self inflicted crashes!

Started 19th, made it up to 13th (managed to avoid the big crash on one of the early laps) but got tagged from behind which knocked me down to 18th.
Managed to claw my way back to 15th - for me that's progress!

Have to say it was the first time that I've tried to make a set up, seemed to work for me.

Thanks for the race!

Great race guys! 100% turbo is quite a handful for the whole race. :D

How did you manage that, I tried to drive more then 2 laps in practice and I just destroyed my engine.

Enjoyed that race - first time I've made no self inflicted crashes!

Started 19th, made it up to 13th (managed to avoid the big crash on one of the early laps) but got tagged from behind which knocked me down to 18th.
Managed to claw my way back to 15th - for me that's progress!

Have to say it was the first time that I've tried to make a set up, seemed to work for me.

Thanks for the race!

Except for the braking mid corner while someone is on your tail :-P.

EDIT: Typo

great fun :),

I think the 5 sec penalty wasn't necessary. The guys around me drove nice and clean. :thumbsup:
It was pretty annoying: I had to go wide once to avoid a collision, and... 5 sec nothing... Drifted wide once. and... 5 sec nothing. And it's dangerous to go back on track that way.

Beside that, i was pretty happy. Haven't AC'ed for a couple of month. Good fun. :thumbsup:

And now we need pitstops and some rain. :cool:

Last edited:
How did you manage that, I tried to drive more then 2 laps in practice and I just destroyed my engine.
At 100% boost the engine can only run for 1,5 lap! That's what I did at the qualifying period :D. But at the whole race??

Really? Unless turbo boost got reset from the transition from qualifying to race I ran it for the whole race. I suppose I was always short shifting majorly in the slower corners but apart from that, I have no idea. :O_o:

Hmmm, I was down to 50% boost by the end, and that was only using 100% on the straights and back to 70% for the corners. Another lap or two trying to hold position and I'd have had smoke.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 393 40.1%