AC BMW 1M - Nürburgring short - Tue 23.12.14 - [Ghostbusters]

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
We made our pitstop together and we both missed our pitstopboxes! Haha lol.. nevertheless a really nice race! Vitor made a real quick pitstop.. clould'nt catch you guys up! Both Vitor and Christian were quicker.. ended 3rd place! Nice.. ;)
Yeah I was faster. Did you refuel??
It's quicker to have fuel for race distance since the begining and only take tires. Fuel takes too long.

How the heck you guys are so fast...? :) I suppose it's time to start driving without the factory abs and tc. 1m is quite a tank with tc, no rotation mid corner and exit.

@Georg Siebert thanks for the race and a very helpful video.
One more question of a beginner. A good car setup is undoubtedly an advantage. However, to make a good setup is a challenge and a lot of spare time. A setup from RD forum usually doesn't fit your preferences and/or experience. Supposing I spent my spare time getting to know a given track (brake/acceleration points, proper gears, etc.) and finally I get consistent lap times of 120s using the default AC setup (with the exception of gear ratio and maybe tires pressure). How much, do you think, I could gain with a very good setup? Is it a matter of tens of a second or rather a couple of seconds? In general, which should go first, driving skills or a good setup if you don't have enough time to improve both of them?

@Aleksander Pienkowski
Seconds - more time with more effort put into it.
Setup knowledge and driving skills should go together - as outlined in the Driver skills overview in the FAQ:
http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...scription-updated-for-1-0.91105/#post-1788757
Not only you gain lap time, but also confidence in the overall behavior of the car with a well balanced setup. You know what it will do in extreme situations - lift off oversteer with worn tyres or understeer with high fuel load.
Just downloading a given setup from another driver is a risky thing. Driving styles and setup preferences are subjective and personal. You don't necessarily know exactly why a certain value was chosen. If you make a setup yourself, you generally have a reason why you adjusted something.

As mentioned yesterday with driving lines, the goal should be to learn the principles of setup tuning, so the car or track you apply them to are less relevant. These principles are written in the setup guide. Why these are so and how they work will be the topics of the next, more in depth setup guide.

The next Ghostbusters event will feature a mid-engined car. Having done that, we'll have completed all three car layouts - FWD, RWD-front-engnined, RWD-mid-engined. AWD isn't implemented yet.

Last edited:
@Aleksander Pienkowski
Seconds - more time with more effort put into it.
Setup knowledge and driving skills should go together - as outlined in the Driver skills overview in the FAQ:
http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...scription-updated-for-1-0.91105/#post-1788757
Not only you gain lap time, but also confidence in the overall behavior of the car with a well balanced setup. You know what it will do in extreme situations - lift off oversteer with worn tyres or understeer with high fuel load.
Just downloading a given setup from another driver is a risky thing. Driving styles and setup preferences are subjective and personal. You don't necessarily know exactly why a certain value was chosen. If you make a setup yourself, you generally have a reason why you adjusted something.

As mentioned yesterday with driving lines, the goal should be to learn the principles of setup tuning, so the car or track you apply them to are less relevant. These principles are written in the setup guide. Why these are so and how they work will be the topics of the next, more in depth setup guide.

The next Ghostbusters event will feature a mid-engined car. Having done that, we'll have completed all three car layouts - FWD, RWD-front-engnined, RWD-mid-engined. AWD isn't implemented yet.
Thanks Georg!
And merry Christmas to you and all other fellow drivers:).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back