Misc BMW 1M & 1M S3 Update/Fix [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
DEATHLESS submitted a new resource:

BMW 1M & 1M S3 Update/Fix - new wiper animation, added warning lights & interior lights, turn signals & more

- Recreated the wiper animation.
Some movement were missing, especially on the right wiper and it also went through the windshield. Check first picture.

- Fixed reverse lights (customemissive). The rev lights in the pre config were set wrong.

- Added turn signals to side, rear & front

- Added lights to interior badges (door panel, steering wheel, center console etc.)

- Added lights to front and rear overheadconsole (mesh+csp glow)

- Added lights to license plate light meshes...

Read more about this resource...

Good job on that! The wiper objects on lod_1 needed fixing to stop flying away from the car. I made the correction and propose to include it in the next update of this resource. Confirmed - they work with your animation. Attached is the zip with the kn5 of the lod_1 (same for both cars).

Attachments

• bmw_1m_LOD_1.zip.txt
    455.6 KB · Views: 58
Good job on that! The wiper objects on lod_1 needed fixing to stop flying away from the car. I made the correction and propose to include it in the next update of this resource. Confirmed - they work with your animation. Attached is the zip with the kn5 of the lod_1 (same for both cars).
Hey, thanks mate!

I don't undestand what you mean with "flying away".
Just checked the car ingame again and the wiper animation looks normal too me on the lods.

screenshot_bmw_1m_g334rjo6.png

wiper animation looks normal too me on the lods.
Problem is with lod_1 model. Animation works the same on the original and corrected lod. It relys on the location of objects to be correct in the model and Kunos` lod_1 had blades without applying the location.
1M blades.jpg
1M blades-.jpg

It's irritating when you follow some 1M and see the blades pop to the side when the first lod switch occurs. Also in the rain they fly around with the animation rotation... On your screens the car is too close and that is lod_0.

Last edited:
Problem is with lod_1 model. Animation works the same on the original and corrected lod. It relys on the location of objects to be correct in the model and Kunos` lod_1 had blades without applying the location.

It's irritating when you follow some 1M and see the blades pop to the side when the first lod switch occurs. Also in the rain they fly around with the animation rotation... On your screens the car is too close and that is lod_0.
Oh, yeah, you are right. I didn't see that.
Probably made some mistake when I created the animation. I usually use modelreplacement if I change something on the wiper meshes or dummies but just forgot it this time I guess.
Thanks for letting me know and your LOD but I'll fix it via model replacement to keep things clear :-D

Probably made some mistake when I created the animation.
No, man! As I was saying - the animation can't fix it. Only editing of lod_1 model and I've done so. To keep things clear I can tell you right away that using "model replace" with CSP for the wiper nodes is very tricky on the main model and 100% sure it doesn't work on lods. But it's useful to try so you can learn new stuff.

No, man! As I was saying - the animation can't fix it

Huh? I know the animation itself can't fix it.

And sure, model replacement is working fine on lods.
I just fixed it via model replacement. You can test it if you want to.
I used the wipers from main model and wrote the model replacement config for the lod (yeah, I know the polycount is higher but just a little)

I included the original lod1 file in case you deleted it.

assettocorsascreenshozajc7.png

Last edited:
model replacement is working fine on lods
Yes, it does. I got the wrong idea from my attempt to insert the wheels for 911 gt2 lods. I realized that was using "INSERT_AFTER=GEO_Glass_Dials" and that object was not present in the lods.
For the wiper nodes the troubles I got were when I tried to insert a set of two on a car that had no wipers originally. They don't appear in the right place no matter what. Maybe I 'll try again with parenting both wipers below the internal glass which appears in the right place and hope that gives them an "anchor" to hold onto.
The inserted wipers are the second-best option for a fix on this lod. And the third is lazy edit of "lods.ini"
Code:
[COCKPIT_HR]
DISTANCE_SWITCH=7

[LOD_0]
FILE=bmw_1m.kn5
IN=0
OUT=15

[LOD_1]
FILE=bmw_1m.kn5
IN=15
OUT=25

[LOD_2]
FILE=bmw_1m_LOD_2.kn5
IN=25
OUT=1500
to make the main model switch later and skip to lod_2. That comes at the price of higher load for the hardware.

Thanks for your input! I'm making progress learning the hard way :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Yes, it does. I got the wrong idea from my attempt to insert the wheels for 911 gt2 lods. I realized that was using "INSERT_AFTER=GEO_Glass_Dials" and that object was not present in the lods.
For the wiper nodes the troubles I got were when I tried to insert a set of two on a car that had no wipers originally. They don't appear in the right place no matter what. Maybe I 'll try again with parenting both wipers below the internal glass which appears in the right place and hope that gives them an "anchor" to hold onto.
The inserted wipers are the second-best option for a fix on this lod. And the third is lazy edit of "lods.ini"
Code:
[COCKPIT_HR]
DISTANCE_SWITCH=7

[LOD_0]
FILE=bmw_1m.kn5
IN=0
OUT=15

[LOD_1]
FILE=bmw_1m.kn5
IN=15
OUT=25

[LOD_2]
FILE=bmw_1m_LOD_2.kn5
IN=25
OUT=1500
to make the main model switch later and skip to lod_2. That comes at the price of higher load for the hardware.

Thanks for your input! I'm making progress learning the hard way :rolleyes:
Yeah, sometimes the node stuff on model replacement is really weird. Haven't tried to add wipers to a car which comes without them yet but could be a node thing cause everytime I used wrong nodes, I had the same issue.

Sometimes the node stuff makes no sense to me, like if you have to choose one which has nothing to do with the mesh itself :laugh:

Well, you live and learn :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Not sure if i must replace bmw_1m.ini and bmw_1m_s3.ini from assettocorsa\extension\config\cars\loaded root folder. After all those cm, csp updates the code seem to be more updated that the ini files included in zip file. Can you please specify if we must replace the files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 89 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 334 28.2%