Block Tagging and Info editing of cars

Does anyone know of a way of, or additional tool for being able to display the tag, class, year etc info for all cars en masse and give the ability to batch edit some of that info?

As great as AC CM is, it'd be nice if the info for all the cars be laid out in a tabular format, rather than having to go in to each car and edit the info individually. There may of course already be this facility included somewhere, but I've yet to find it.

I do realise that because this info is held in a single text file, this may be tricky to achieve programmatically, I'm just wondering if there's something out there that will do it, or how you guys manage your garages from that point of view?

For me the easiest way to work on multiple jsons at once, is to open all files with notepad++, and then edit them as needed. At one time, I had open ~140 files at the same time, and was batch editing all files at once with the highly customizable search and replace function within notepad++
Highly recommeded if you want to rearrange tags or car classes to your liking.

How does that work then.. the search and replace can be set to work across all open files, rather than just the one you open the function in?

Will give that a look, thank you!
Yeah, a very nice feature that I had somehow never spotted (despite it staring me in the face!)... Nice one @gecco :thumbsup:
1616269034981.png

nope, I'm crazy,...but not that crazy:geek:

You first search for the specific json files you want to edit, then select them all, and choose "edit with notepad++" in the right click explorer context menu.

iirc, the "edit with notepad++" function does not work if you select too many files at once.
I've therefore added notepad++ to the "send to" sub menu in the right click explorer context menu, by following some guide google pointed me too.

Provided one has enough RAM (I've only got 16GB), notepad is capable of opening hundreds of files at once, and I believe to even have had opened all json files of all cars at once at one time, ~500-600 files.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back