BLM Car

Apps BLM Car 1.7.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Mirrors work great, set up the dpad on my wheel with joytokey (since AC cannot see my dpad).
Assigned the movement keys and turned on autorepeat, 8 times per second, after delay 700ms.
Works just like a real car.

Cheers,
Divxmaster

Better post here instead of posting a bad review.

1.5.5 broke rain for me. It ALWAYS begins with rain. Even when i turn rain off completely, i get some tiny white dots on my windshield. Reverting back to 1.5.4.

Edit: And yes i did indeed check every single setting there is. Auto rain is off but somehow i get rain all the time.

Edit 2: Disabling "Start rain on WET MODS tracks" fixed it for me. Your app is mixing up regular versions and wet versions in its logic.

Edit 3: Please don't take away this option just because it's broken. It's actually a really well thought option. Just needs some fixing. I was thinking "i wish this app started rain only on albs' wet tracks" and you made my wish true, now it just needs some fixing :D

Last edited:
I have an issue where my binds for the hotkeys don't do anything. I tried pressing LAlt or RAlt for W and R (Wipers and Rain by default), yet nothing happens in game. Im using the Kunos AE86 and have the app running while trying it out.

Is there a way to map the keyboard hotkeys so that they operate without having to hold [alt] first?
I've got an ignition button box that has alphanumeric inputs read as a mix of normal keyboard numbers and letters. I'd like to map (for example) the top left button, which is read as the number [1] in notepad, as the 'wiper on' button, but I *don't* want to have to hold [alt] while pressing it to turn the wipers on.
How do I get the wipers to operate just by pressing the top-left button [1] on my button box?
I use Joy2Key for mapping my steering wheel buttons but the wheel is recognised as a joystick. My button box isn't detected as a joystick, it seems to be just treated like another keyboard.
I'm hoping this is simple and obvious and I'm just being a dumbass, and will welcome all ridicule thrown my way so long as I find a solution..! :p
Thanks.

Better post here instead of posting a bad review.

1.5.5 broke rain for me. It ALWAYS begins with rain. Even when i turn rain off completely, i get some tiny white dots on my windshield. Reverting back to 1.5.4.

Edit: And yes i did indeed check every single setting there is. Auto rain is off but somehow i get rain all the time.

Edit 2: Disabling "Start rain on WET MODS tracks" fixed it for me. Your app is mixing up regular versions and wet versions in its logic.

Edit 3: Please don't take away this option just because it's broken. It's actually a really well thought option. Just needs some fixing. I was thinking "i wish this app started rain only on albs' wet tracks" and you made my wish true, now it just needs some fixing :D

It's just that I shouldn't release updates when I've got flu... I missed a 'paste' from BLM Lights. Fixed

As I said before, rain not totally stopping is not my fault,it's a shaders bug I already reported to henter. I hope he'll fix it someday

I have an issue where my binds for the hotkeys don't do anything. I tried pressing LAlt or RAlt for W and R (Wipers and Rain by default), yet nothing happens in game. Im using the Kunos AE86 and have the app running while trying it out.

Now hotkyes are disabled by default (it'll be so in all of my other apps too once I update - and release - them). Did you enable them in the options?
blm-car-settings.png

Is there a way to map the keyboard hotkeys so that they operate without having to hold [alt] first?
I've got an ignition button box that has alphanumeric inputs read as a mix of normal keyboard numbers and letters. I'd like to map (for example) the top left button, which is read as the number [1] in notepad, as the 'wiper on' button, but I *don't* want to have to hold [alt] while pressing it to turn the wipers on.
How do I get the wipers to operate just by pressing the top-left button [1] on my button box?
I use Joy2Key for mapping my steering wheel buttons but the wheel is recognised as a joystick. My button box isn't detected as a joystick, it seems to be just treated like another keyboard.
I'm hoping this is simple and obvious and I'm just being a dumbass, and will welcome all ridicule thrown my way so long as I find a solution..! :p
Thanks.
I remember you had that problem with CM too. I see if I can do anything about it (not soon though, sorry)

It's just that I shouldn't release updates when I've got flu... I missed a 'paste' from BLM Lights. Fixed

As I said before, rain not totally stopping is not my fault,it's a shaders bug I already reported to henter. I hope he'll fix it someday
Eh that's very much okay man. Get well soon and thanks for the auto start on wet tracks. I no longer have to manually start rain on wet tracks now :thumbsup:

I remember you had that problem with CM too. I see if I can do anything about it (not soon though, sorry)
Thanks! It's nigh-on impossible to find the [alt] key by feel in VR, and it's a two-handed job anyway. Just pressing one button on the button box to activate the wipers will be most welcome.

cool, thanks, hope your flu is better!

While you are looking at it, is there any chance of adding a 'lock mirrors' button?, my thoughts are that at the moment there as so many new functions, we are running out of wheel buttons. With lock mirrors I could use my dpad for setting mirrors, lock them, and also have those buttons set to indicators and hazards (doesnt matter if those go off while setting mirrors) and of course moving around the pit options.

Cheers,
Divxmaster

cool, thanks, hope your flu is better!

While you are looking at it, is there any chance of adding a 'lock mirrors' button?, my thoughts are that at the moment there as so many new functions, we are running out of wheel buttons. With lock mirrors I could use my dpad for setting mirrors, lock them, and also have those buttons set to indicators and hazards (doesnt matter if those go off while setting mirrors) and of course moving around the pit options.

Cheers,
Divxmaster
That can be done. The fastest way would be to add an hotkey to lock/unlock mirrors, so that I don't have to change three UIs to add a new switch (which I don't have the time nor the will to do atm). If it's fine for you I'll add it
Bye

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 339 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 172 7.9%
  • < 5 years