BLM Car

Apps BLM Car 1.7.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
First of all thank you for both BLM Light and BLM Car, really awesome mods for the rain and night lovers. I got a problem tho, BLM Car crashes my game, only if that mod is enabled in the apps the game wont even load, CM says race cancelled. BLM Lights works like a charm. The log says: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 If you need the full log tell me. Thanks in advance and sorry to bother you :)

First of all thank you for both BLM Light and BLM Car, really awesome mods for the rain and night lovers. I got a problem tho, BLM Car crashes my game, only if that mod is enabled in the apps the game wont even load, CM says race cancelled. BLM Lights works like a charm. The log says: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 If you need the full log tell me. Thanks in advance and sorry to bother you :)
Are you sure you got at least shaders patch rc4 installed?
https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1OCk4VKDWwpRP-vXJ03QSY_yMuhXsshYy

Yes! with rc5 its perfect now. Thank you both, my guess is that I didnt install rc4 correctly because I installed it from the link you provided. Is there a way to add rain sounds? Sorry if it has been already asked.

Anyway, thanks again for the great mod :p

Yes! with rc5 its perfect now. Thank you both, my guess is that I didnt install rc4 correctly because I installed it from the link you provided. Is there a way to add rain sounds? Sorry if it has been already asked.

Anyway, thanks again for the great mod :p
Rc4 would have been enough, I didn't suggest rc5 because I haven't already tested it.
About sound, there's a wiper sound mod here on RD

Hi, now that you have made rain and wipers, which of course AC did not yet have and is very beautiful
I was thinking that you can not make (dirty windows). as like dust / rubber / etc
you know in real life with race.
Or a tearoff with a pitstop?:sneaky:

Hi Blamer,
Would it be possible to check ac.getTrackConfiguration(0), and if it contains 'wet' then it is probably a wet track and turn on the rain automatically?
And I also agree with what Dirk said before that if the gbw weathers are rain or thunderstorm, then hopefully there is a way to check this and also turn on the rain?

Also, it would be great if the rain is on auto mode, either manually selected or via the above, that the wipers settings also had and option of off? That way you would have to turn on the wipers yourself, adding to the realism in vr, like you do in a normal car in the rain (that doesnt have auto wipers).

Thanks for the awesome apps and the ultra fast updates for ppl's requests.

Cheers,
Divxmaster

Hi, now that you have made rain and wipers, which of course AC did not yet have and is very beautiful
I was thinking that you can not make (dirty windows). as like dust / rubber / etc

Hey, I have to ask henter for that option

Hi Blamer,
Would it be possible to check ac.getTrackConfiguration(0), and if it contains 'wet' then it is probably a wet track and turn on the rain automatically?
And I also agree with what Dirk said before that if the gbw weathers are rain or thunderstorm, then hopefully there is a way to check this and also turn on the rain?

Also, it would be great if the rain is on auto mode, either manually selected or via the above, that the wipers settings also had and option of off? That way you would have to turn on the wipers yourself, adding to the realism in vr, like you do in a normal car in the rain (that doesnt have auto wipers).

Thanks for the awesome apps and the ultra fast updates for ppl's requests.

Cheers,
Divxmaster

Yes, I can definetly do that (auto enable wet road effect)
About gbw, I have to check if I can retrive the weather names. If I can, no problem.
I'll add an 'auto start wipers' option too (now is on by default)

Thank you all for using and liking my apps

Last edited:
If you could link the rain features to the actual weather choice in Content Manager THAT would be awesome!

Regarding Auto wipers, they really should be an option only for those who prefer to simulate rain and wipers as close to the real world, weather should "happen" without the means of changing it from in the session and we should have to react to the rain by operating our wipers the way our cars are allowed.

I may use a wiper auto mode in a 2018 Porsche 911 Turbo S (still having to switch from "off" to "auto" to activate them as in a real car) but I definitely want to operate them full manual in a Porsche 935 K3!

It is part of the fun to have to adapt and operate all car functions to survive an endurance race in changing conditions ;-)

Hey, I have to ask henter for that option

YES THAT'S OK. THANKS WOULD BE BEAUTIFUL FOR OUR ALL ON AC
AND FOR YOU WITH THE APP

@Blamer in the mirror app we have Ratio and FOV, I understand FOV, but what is ratio?
When adjusting the real mirrors in VR, has someone figured a way to adjust the view in mirror, using ratio and fov to have a 1/1 view in the mirrors? some type of a formula?
In an open wheelers, I tried to use the view of the rear tyres in the mirrors to get that but it is time consuming and the when racing the cars never seem to be "quite" right.
maybe we need a thread on that subject now that we have "real" mirrors in VR.

Edit, ok I now understand ratio, as in aspect ratio. it makes the car proportions right, as in not too narrow or too wide, great, and Fov works on the distance.
FOV as a value, which is great when adjusting left and right mirror the same way, it would be great to have a value for ratio for the same reason.
when looking in C:\Users\Thierry\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension\real_mirrors , we can see in the car.ini,
ASPECT_MULT=1
FOV=12
I assume Aspect_Multi is ratio, seeing that value in the app would be great.

Last edited:
@Blamer, did you have any luck getting blmcar to auto turn on rain if the track contains 'wet'?? Also is there any chance you could add hotkeys to the move mirrors function? Then I can map that to my dpad on my wheel, and moving mirrors will feel very real life.

Cheers,
Divxmaster

Yes
@Blamer, did you have any luck getting blmcar to auto turn on rain if the track contains 'wet'?? Also is there any chance you could add hotkeys to the move mirrors function? Then I can map that to my dpad on my wheel, and moving mirrors will feel very real life.

Cheers,
Divxmaster
Yes, it auto turns on wet mods (check the options)
About the option for mirror hotkeys: good idea, I'll add them

Hi,
hmmmm, not seeing anything in the options. I see it for BLMlights but not for BLMcar. Just to make sure I wasnt missing anything, I checked the source code and there is no reference to ac.getTrackConfiguration(0) in there?

Hi,
hmmmm, not seeing anything in the options. I see it for BLMlights but not for BLMcar. Just to make sure I wasnt missing anything, I checked the source code and there is no reference to ac.getTrackConfiguration(0) in there?
Oh, sorry. It's in the BLM Lights app that it'll auto enable wet effect on wet mods.
I'll add the option here too

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 213 14.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 114 7.7%
  • < 5 years