• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Blancpain mod for GSC2013

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme Mods' started by Rupe Wilson, Feb 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

Ratings:
    +6,958
    How to install the mod. (i will adjust as im working through it.)
    this is a recommendation and not the only way to do it but this works, and then i can help if were all on the same page

You need a clean install of the sim GSC2013 a second install is best, you can have multiple install of gsc on the same pc
    just label the folders you have them in differently
    ffff.jpg
    you need to make sure the sim is fully up to date use the gsc sync
    unpack the mod to your desktop you will see its a folder called Blancpain mod
    7.jpg
    Go inside this folder can using the cut feature pick up the 2 folders and the Reel feel plugin config and drop (paste) all 3
    files in to the main game folder of GSC were the GSC .application sits.
    it will ask you if you want it to overwrite and you click yes.
    you have now installed the mod.
    You can now fire up GSC you will see you have a new interface to work with.
    you can select the car you want and the track
    if not you need to find in the steet touring cars the blancpain Endurance and click on a car , you can then shut down the sim and fire it back up again and you should see you new UI
    1.jpg
    you will still have to load you driver profile as you did before
    you can do this by clicking the cog and then controls
    6.jpg

Its a case of trail and error to navigate your way round your new interface.
    whilst you get to know how it all works and which buttons do what. but all is in there every command you have in the normal interface

you need to click on mod and select street/touring
    1.jpg
    then click vehicle you will now see the blancpain mod
    2.jpg

if you look across the top of the ui you will see some little icons we can call them
    mod,Vehicle, tracks, R, Cog, camera, helmet, Arrow
    each one takes you to a different screen and different options are available with each screnn

3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

to go online you will need to click the crossed arrows top right and you will see the servers
    8.jpg
    But please be aware you will need to find servers that are running the blancpain mod.
    the mod is
    GSC2013_Mod_Blancpain Endurance Series_v1.0 by Frank Alexandre
    and it has the
    GSC2013_Mod_Blancpain Endurance Series_V1.01 LCD Display fix
    and the ALT-TAB-FIX_OPCIONAL_MUDA A INTERFACE
    all added to it.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
    • Like Like x 3
    • Beer Beer x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Angelo dos Santos

Angelo dos Santos

Ratings:
    +259
    Rupe, did you have any contact with the guys that made the conversion?

Reporting my finds:
    I did a new instalation of GSC13 and installed the Blancpain Mod on it, and it worked fine.
    Unfortunately, as I expected, the Mod as it stands now, have too many bugs and imperfections, that need to be adressed.
    I will name a few that I experienced, so people can share if the same happens to them.

- There are more than one Blancpain series, for a start. There are 2, plus a FIA GT3 class and a series called "Dinos Blancpain". This can lead to confusion.

- There are sounds problems. I tested the Mclaren, the Aston Martin, the Mercedes and the Ferrari 430. Only for the Mclaren the sounds looked ok. For all the others I drove, there are no sounds in the case of a crash. No matter how hard you crash and in what type of wall you crash, the only thing you hear is silence.

- Graphics: The rear view mirror for the Ferrari 430 and the rear view LCD Display for the Mclaren are useless. You cant see nothing that is happening behind you on those cars. You can only see a piece of the rear of your car. No track at all.

- Physics: The real world series, the official Blancpain Endurance Series, doesnt allow change on gear ratios. Is locked. And is designed that way for the rFactor Mod, in the lastest version from the creators of the Mod. Locked gear ratios.
    For the GSC13 you can change the gears the way you want.
    Also it drives very diferently from the Mod from rFactor, on its latest version, which to me is not a good thing.

Thats what I could notice after a few tests. But Im sure there are more cars afected by sounds and graphics bugs.

This is the best GT Mod ever made to rFactor, in my opinion, and I hope that for GSC the level can be mantained! Thats not the case right now, but there is potential to that.

• Beer Beer x 2
  3. Troy Barman

Troy Barman

Ratings:
    +457
    The main bug i had but is probably related to me not using the ui that came with the mod is that when a 430 would enter the track everything in the game was textured to that ferrari's template so i had to delete the 430s for my game to work right. And as far as the mirrors stated up above just change that in the .PLR file so that not objects appear in the rearview and that will fix it. No collision or rumble strip sounds doesnt really bother me but I'd like to see it patched maybe but i wouldnt care if it was or not.

EDIT: I seem to have fixed the sound issue for all the cars. Your going to need the Secondary and TMTires sound files from rFactor and just copy them over to GSC and that should add in the rest of the sounds.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  4. Warren Schembri

Warren Schembri
    Premium

Ratings:
    +387
    Will test this tonight at home but I am guessing for the GSC installation that has the Blancpain mod that we can delete the standard cars that come with GSC?

Ideally, what I would want for my installation of this mod is only the Blancpain cars. Just wondering if anyone has already done this and if all went fine or if there were issues.

5. Jebus

Jebus

Ratings:
    +789
    UI made me hurl so changed it back to default. But other than that great mod. Thanks to all involved.

6. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

Ratings:
    +6,958
    I hold no responsibility for the mod no does Davy.
    We have only posted that it could make some good races,
    And we have tried to help in how to get it up and running,
    As to the authenticity of how realistic it is in holding true to what the cars are like, come on lets be honest we all know what it is ;)
    im sorry to say you can take it or leave it,if it appeals to you great if not sorry
    It is just a mod. not an official realise were every detail has been looked at,
    yes there are imperfections. but its stable and runs.
    if you don't like don't use.:)

If you find ways of making it better please post the links and we can add them to it.
    if you find something that is wrong you can post it but i cant fix these problems im sorry to say:(

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Jebus

Jebus

Ratings:
    +789
    I'm enjoying it. The best mod for GSC imo. Most of this realism conversation is nonsense anyways as most of the people has never driven a race car and therefore have no clue what they're talking about.

Thanks Rupe for releasing this. Much apreciated.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Angelo dos Santos

Angelo dos Santos

Ratings:
    +259
    @Rupe Wilson

Thats why I asked on my first sentence on the previous post if you have any contact with the guys that made the conversion of the Mod for GSC13.

To pass to them the feedback that some of us are giving.
    All in order to further improve the Mod.

I was not asking or demanding anything, and Im sorry if that was the way it looked.

I just love the Blancpain Mod for rFactor, and I can only hope that this version for GSC can be improved.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  9. Angelo dos Santos

Angelo dos Santos

Ratings:
    +259
    I dont know how to change mirrors parameters on the PLR file, so that is a bit difficult to me. And is a shame because I really wanted to race with a Mclaren, but with the mirror bugged to me is impossible.
    About the sounds, I will test it later and see if the your tip works. I hope so!

10. Troy Barman

Troy Barman

Ratings:
    +457
    Go to yourname.plr and hit Ctrl+F and search for Self In Cockpit Rearview and then change the number to "0" and that will fix it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Angelo dos Santos

Angelo dos Santos

Ratings:
    +259
    @Troy Barman

Troy, all your tips were hot. The crashing sounds are ok now, the mirror is working also.
    Thanks a lot!

Looking forward to some GT action soon.

I hope all races with this mod to be really well advertised!

12. Troy Barman

Troy Barman

Ratings:
    +457
    Glad i could help, Im really looking forward to some GT races here as i already have an idea on what car im going to race with.

Also I do not know what it is about the F430 that keeps ruining the textures of my game. I can drive the F430 solo but the moment another F430 joins the track it completly ruins everything.
    [​IMG]

Anyone else having this same issue or is it just me?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  13. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

Ratings:
    +6,958
    @Troy Barman
    can you give me a link or more info on your fixes please for the sounds
    As we can all benefit from them and then we can test them on the server to see it all working and not causing any issues to GSC and the other club races using default content

14. Nox

Nox
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,331
    I'll do some testing later on today and let you know if I have any issues with the F430.

15. Xavier de Carvalho

Xavier de Carvalho

Ratings:
    +795
    I had that issue with ALL cars after a few sessions.

16. Nox

Nox
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,331
    I've just done a few sessions but I don't have the textures issue you guys have..

17. Troy Barman

Troy Barman

Ratings:
    +457
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Angelo dos Santos

Angelo dos Santos

Ratings:
    +259
    Troy.

I tested drive a F430 with 23 other cars on the track, including other F430s...at Interlagos and Jacarepagua, and no graphics glitches happened to me.

Im using the UI that comes with the Mod.

I understand that you got back to the original display. Maybe something to do with that?

19. Angelo dos Santos

Angelo dos Santos

Ratings:
    +259
    The only thing right now Im finding very confusing is that we have more than 1 series with this Blancpain download.

But the good thing is that this way we have a few Ford GTs, a car that I love.

I dont know how this will be filtered on a server, which cars gonne be allowed, from which series...and so on.

20. Nox

Nox
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,331
    All of them will probably be available, if they are more or less the same speed overall. Some events you'll have full choice, but some events we might do a vs race, say 2 of the cars against each other meaning you can't get too comfy in just one car :-D

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.