ACC Blancpain GT @ Zolder - Thursday 2nd May 2019

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Quali went ok, think I was 8th or so. Got the engine start bug for the first time. Had it set to auto (has been fine before) but delayed starting until the car in front pulled away. Kunos need to sort this out. Despite that got going ok and tippy toed around the first lap. Spent the next 20mins chasing a 3 way battle for 4th. Caught and joined in but it was getting a bit too close for my liking so backed off a touch. The inevitable happened and the guys in front had a coming together then it was a case of quali laps and a bit of fuel saving to come home 4th.

2 things I've taken from today. The start delay time is way too long? The tyres are like ice and quite a few got caught out. 2nd thing is, I finished and parked up off the racing line then some idiot in a lambo decided to finish "in style" sideways smashing in to the Barriers and me giving me a safety rating hit...whole race no contact then that...cheers

What I did was wait until 10 second to race start and then join the grid. This way my tyres only cooled for 10 seconds and I started on warm tyres. I really hope we either get to see a proper timer before we join the grid or the tyre temps stay up automatically.

nice race. qualified 9th (I didn't expect that) and finished 9th. shame about a stupid mistake while I was in a group with @Mitja Bonca and @Bruno Melo . I finished the second part of the race with damage to the front. I missed a race here on Racedepartment! I hope to be able to shoot with you soon. and thanks to @Ricoow

What I did was wait until 10 second to race start and then join the grid. This way my tyres only cooled for 10 seconds and I started on warm tyres. I really hope we either get to see a proper timer before we join the grid or the tyre temps stay up automatically.

How did you know when to join the grid? I was looking around for a timer or did you just time it on your phone?

Had an ok race. Managed to miss all the cold tyre spins but then got tapped by someone. Tried my best to catch up with the main group but they were too far ahead by this point. Chasing down Daniel Nieto for many many laps. Then we had a good close race for a few laps. Finally, coming off the first chicane I got a decent run up the inside for the long left hander into the second chicane. I was ahead but misjudged by how much and ended up cutting his nose off. I went off but I think he carried on?
Wanted to say sorry on the chat after the race but looked like he left already. Hope I didn't ruin his race...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 205 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 148 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 109 7.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 209 14.3%