• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

EU Blancpain GT @ Zolder - Thursday 2nd May 2019

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club' started by Ricoow, Apr 26, 2019.

Added to Calendar: 02-05-19
  1. SwannyUK

SwannyUK

Ratings:
    +18
    Quali went ok, think I was 8th or so. Got the engine start bug for the first time. Had it set to auto (has been fine before) but delayed starting until the car in front pulled away. Kunos need to sort this out. Despite that got going ok and tippy toed around the first lap. Spent the next 20mins chasing a 3 way battle for 4th. Caught and joined in but it was getting a bit too close for my liking so backed off a touch. The inevitable happened and the guys in front had a coming together then it was a case of quali laps and a bit of fuel saving to come home 4th.

2 things I've taken from today. The start delay time is way too long? The tyres are like ice and quite a few got caught out. 2nd thing is, I finished and parked up off the racing line then some idiot in a lambo decided to finish "in style" sideways smashing in to the Barriers and me giving me a safety rating hit...whole race no contact then that...cheers

• Like Like x 1
  2. Trebucht

Trebucht
    Premium

Ratings:
    +130
    What I did was wait until 10 second to race start and then join the grid. This way my tyres only cooled for 10 seconds and I started on warm tyres. I really hope we either get to see a proper timer before we join the grid or the tyre temps stay up automatically.

• Beer Beer x 1
  3. tazza1986

tazza1986
    Premium

Ratings:
    +19
    nice race. qualified 9th (I didn't expect that) and finished 9th. shame about a stupid mistake while I was in a group with @Mitja Bonca and @Bruno Melo . I finished the second part of the race with damage to the front. I missed a race here on Racedepartment! I hope to be able to shoot with you soon. and thanks to @Ricoow

4. SwannyUK

SwannyUK

Ratings:
    +18
    How did you know when to join the grid? I was looking around for a timer or did you just time it on your phone?

5. ZeroRisk

ZeroRisk
    Pro racing driver for hire! (according to ACC) Premium

Ratings:
    +835
    Had an ok race. Managed to miss all the cold tyre spins but then got tapped by someone. Tried my best to catch up with the main group but they were too far ahead by this point. Chasing down Daniel Nieto for many many laps. Then we had a good close race for a few laps. Finally, coming off the first chicane I got a decent run up the inside for the long left hander into the second chicane. I was ahead but misjudged by how much and ended up cutting his nose off. I went off but I think he carried on?
    Wanted to say sorry on the chat after the race but looked like he left already. Hope I didn't ruin his race...

6. Trebucht

Trebucht
    Premium

Ratings:
    +130
    @SwannyUK Yes, countdown using my phone.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Dan Costa

Dan Costa
    World Champ Procrastination n' Hoarding Series Premium

Ratings:
    +369
    dont know why but my name got deleted from the entry list.

8. Gianfrest

Gianfrest
    Premium

Ratings:
    +21
    Gr all ! :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  9. husky889

husky889
    Premium

Ratings:
    +12
    See You Guys soon this time in Germany :coffee::coffee:

10. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,917
    Sign me up please

• Like Like x 1
  11. SwannyUK

SwannyUK

Ratings:
    +18
    This race has finished dude

12. Gianfrest

Gianfrest
    Premium

Ratings:
    +21
    ahahah

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.