ACC Blancpain GT @ Zolder - Thu 10th Oct 2019

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Guess I learned the speed limitation during the formation lap was lifted the very hard way by half spinning and then almost missing the start :D
Also thought there was a mandatory pitstop but apparently not, no wonder the radio didn't call it :D

Guess I learned the speed limitation during the formation lap was lifted the very hard way by half spinning and then almost missing the start :D
Also thought there was a mandatory pitstop but apparently not, no wonder the radio didn't call it :D

Yes, that was quite a sight! Sorry, we have been doing the manual starts for a while, so I have stopped warning people, and did not remember to tell you about it tonight :notworthy: at least now you shouldn't forget :laugh:

And thanks for handing me the win :rolleyes::p Normally, if we do a pit-stop during the race, it will be specified on the first post, and there will be an extra post as well with more details about the pit-stop.

All in all it seems you got the steep learning curve drawn for you, which means you're pretty much ready for everything now - Geof, Tariq and Wolff have been waiting for you... (and where are you @Joakim Stensnæs?)

Also guys, tonight we had a few bumpy situations; thanks for explaining about the turn 1 incident @Michael Rudolf, from now on I will be preaching for a Turn 1 clear of sins at every race, since the everybody followed the gospel at Monza :)

And there were a few cars causing incidents but not waiting for the other car... Remember to respect everyone on track and wait for them if you push them out - it's our Golden Rule, and it applies to all of us! What we want to see is fair and respectful racing, so that everyone enjoys it :thumbsup:

Yes, that was quite a sight! Sorry, we have been doing the manual starts for a while, so I have stopped warning people, and did not remember to tell you about it tonight :notworthy: at least now you shouldn't forget :laugh:

And thanks for handing me the win :rolleyes::p Normally, if we do a pit-stop during the race, it will be specified on the first post, and there will be an extra post as well with more details about the pit-stop.

All in all it seems you got the steep learning curve drawn for you, which means you're pretty much ready for everything now - Geof, Tariq and Wolff have been waiting for you... (and where are you @Joakim Stensnæs?)
Is it something you can actually control server side ? I haven't raced ACC for a few months but even the Competition servers had that speed limitation a while back and I haven't kept up with the changelogs, so I just assumed I could floor it and the game would stop me. :D

Is it something you can actually control server side ? I haven't raced ACC for a few months but even the Competition servers had that speed limitation a while back and I haven't kept up with the changelogs, so I just assumed I could floor it and the game would stop me. :D

Yes, it is a command that admins can use to give first lap freedom :) Which also means we trust the leader not to disappear in the distance (because there is no way to control the start this way, the leader will be the one deciding).
Otherwise I think the default is still with limited speed.

Busy busy man.

Hardly any time for simracing these days. Also going to GTR24 in a couple of weeks, so my focus is on that currently.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back