ACC Blancpain GT @ Zolder - Friday 19th April 2019

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
BTW next time I hope to see less people with the AM tag. Work on those ratings guys! :D

I have no idea about how to do that. Just drive clean?

It tells me something about unlocking some ratings by doing special events - I tried one but nothing seemed to happen.

It's all hard to see in VR! They seem to hide all the HUD and info behind the car.

Great race in server 2!!! My first one in RD. I started at the back of the grid due to a bad qualy where I was not able to get the best from the tires... Anyway I left some space because I didn´t know how cold tires were going to work, and it was a great idea looking what happened in turn 2... I gained some positions but I made a pair of unforced mistakes that cost me some too. Except these ones, other laps where consistent and clean so I enjoyed the way the grip changes over the laps.

I do not know the position I finished in. Has anyone the results or is RD going to make them public??? Sorry it is my first race here...

See you on track!!!

I have no idea about how to do that. Just drive clean?

It tells me something about unlocking some ratings by doing special events - I tried one but nothing seemed to happen.

It's all hard to see in VR! They seem to hide all the HUD and info behind the car.

You can move and resize the HUD so that does not happen. It just takes a bit of tinkering.

Regarding the AM/PRO-AM/PRO tags, they come from the Total Rating. In order to boost your TR, you need to unlock all the ratings and increase them. The ratings are unlocked in a certain order, for example, to unlock the SA (safety rating) you first need 50 PC (Pace, the previous rating). To get 50 PC you need to get a rank in any of the special events, you just need to set a time that is not way too off the pace to get 50 PC.

You can check your ratings and tips on how to improve them in the Driver Profile page:

2019-04-20.png

Race over very early for me. First lap crashers had regained position ahead of me and I bumped one at the hairpin and it turned into a big failure for three/four of us. Right rear tire pressure going down so I pulled into the pit but I couldn't find my box! Picked up a speeding in pit SNG but on my way out of pit I saw leaders coming up and determined that it was better to park on the grass and quit.

Sorry about the bump in the hairpin guys!

Same thing happend to me. I got caught into a 3-4 ppl crash and barely managed to avoid them while going off track. The game decide that i should be given a stop and go even though i slowed down and i crearly didnt gain any time from cutting. Then i tried 2 times entering the pits but still no box was visible so i decided to escape and quit. As said above some questionable and aggressive driving for a 45 mins race eg Giurato tried a really nice dive bomb but i was fortunate enough to avoid him.

• Deleted member 387850

didnt know whether i could pass you on grid as i was stuck behind you … anyone tried this? what do marshalls say?

Oh yes, I felt bad about that, you definitely should have just went around me and carried on! That was all on me for not being familiar enough with the start procedure so apologies it ruined your start :redface:

Had a fair race in server 2.
Qualified badly in 12th and missed the fracas at the start and settled in to a decent rhythm in 4th behind 3rd. Got close a few times but the the guy in front was consistently quicker than me.
Made an unforced error on turn 1 on the 4th or 5th lap and ended up damaging my steering. That was a challenge, driving with damaged steering for 20+ minutes...
All in all, I need to be better. Having been driving rF2 for a while I need more practice on ACC, also need to change my settings for push to talk as on ACC that is also look right, (seeing as ACC doesnt recognise the left side funky switch on my Fanatec CSW V1...)
Very enjoyable regardless of my crap driving and came home in 7th but could have been 4th

To get 50 PC you need to get a rank in any of the special events, you just need to set a time that is not way too off the pace to get 50 PC.
They will definitely have to lower this once the game hits the market, there are so many aliens out there with too much time on their hand … plus, your screenshot tells me I need to do some races against AI to boost my safety Rating, still stuck below 50

They will definitely have to lower this once the game hits the market, there are so many aliens out there with too much time on their hand … plus, your screenshot tells me I need to do some races against AI to boost my safety Rating, still stuck below 50

You don't need to do a time that is in the 50% percentile in order to get 50PC, they changed it. Now you just need to set a time that is not too bad. Also, I think you need a minimum number of attempts in the hotlap event. I recommend you doing the hotstint events, you will get higher PC numbers with them, because less people will be able to a series of laps at a constant pace, as opposed to a lucky good lap in the hotlap event.

Regarding the SA, yes, I would recommend you racing the AI. That's what I did, and it works pretty well. Set them at 85% for example, and do quick races from the back of the field. Overtaking safely generates lots of trust, and that will boost your SA quite a lot. Also, it will boost your RC too, but this is the equivalent of the iRating, it depends on who you are fighting. If you fight oponents with higher RC, it will go up.

Regarding the SA, yes, I would recommend you racing the AI. That's what I did, and it works pretty well. Set them at 85% for example, and do quick races from the back of the field. Overtaking safely generates lots of trust, and that will boost your SA quite a lot. Also, it will boost your RC too, but this is the equivalent of the iRating, it depends on who you are fighting. If you fight oponents with higher RC, it will go up.

This shows that this ratings are not very realistic from the fact that anyone can manipulate them competing against the AI at lower levels... So, asking for high ratings does not have much sense nowadays...

I think Safety and Racecraft ratings shoud be measured only in the online races to be fair enough.

See you on track!!!

This shows that this ratings are not very realistic from the fact that anyone can manipulate them competing against the AI at lower levels... So, asking for high ratings does not have much sense nowadays...

I think Safety and Racecraft ratings shoud be measured only in the online races to be fair enough.

See you on track!!!

You are taking it wrong. The SA rating is about being able to drive close to other cars, and overtake them safely. You don't get SA points for overtaking a very slow car, you get them by fighting with them and staying close to them without hitting them. And believe it or not, this skill is something most people have not developed correctly. I don't see how racing against the AI is manipulating anything.

But what happens if you go online to a server without any SA restrictions is that, yes, you meet careless people without any skills to drive in the pack, and you know what happens then.

Just my opinion. AI cars are not true opponents and have no real reactions. They are predictable and much more consistent than humans, so it is easier to fight them with. Anyway it is true what you are saying about some driver skills, the problem is that this skills usually do not match with their rating, you can just have a look to people causing accidents with incredible Safety rating out there...

Good topic to debate!!!

See you on track

You are taking it wrong. The SA rating is about being able to drive close to other cars, and overtake them safely. You don't get SA points for overtaking a very slow car, you get them by fighting with them and staying close to them without hitting them. And believe it or not, this skill is something most people have not developed correctly. I don't see how racing against the AI is manipulating anything.

But what happens if you go online to a server without any SA restrictions is that, yes, you meet careless people without any skills to drive in the pack, and you know what happens then.

I'm totally in favour of the ratings system and I like that they've implemented it.

My only concern is it needs good, consistent AI to make it work.

And it's hard for the less talented racers like me to get matching AI.

If I get it to a level where they do similar laptimes to me, they're fast and slow at different parts of the lap to me.

There are several flashpoint areas at Zolder, for instance, where they brake on the racing line where I'm accelerating. So I have to slam on the brakes in order to not hit them up the back.

Also under safety car at the start, they hit me up the rear and damage me. And I get penalised for it!

So really good that you can improve your safety rating against AI, but need better AI!

The ratings are meant to settle and only slowly variate over months. They are new at the moment and therefore you can decide to do an hour against the AI to push the rating or not.
But I highly doubt someone that will have 60+ hours online "rating input" will spend multiple hours per week additionally to the online hours just to push their ratings.

Give the ratings some time to settle and they will work.
And if someone really so desperately pushes his safety rating by wasting a lot of time with slow AIs... Well I guess that someone deserves his rating then, lol.
Also if someone can get a very high rating against the latest update of the AI he will at least be somewhat able to race cleanly online. At least if the opponent has a good rating too.

For now the ratings fluctuate a lot and don't do what they are supposed to do. I'm totally with you there! But I bet in 1-2 months it will look differently :)

I'm totally in favour of the ratings system and I like that they've implemented it.

If I get it to a level where they do similar laptimes to me, they're fast and slow at different parts of the lap to me.

There are several flashpoint areas at Zolder, for instance, where they brake on the racing line where I'm accelerating. So I have to slam on the brakes in order to not hit them up the back.

Also under safety car at the start, they hit me up the rear and damage me. And I get penalised for it!

So really good that you can improve your safety rating against AI, but need better AI!
Hehe and some call them predictable :D:roflmao:
Maybe "study-able" would fit better. Sure they repeat their actions but I too would need a lot of time to be able to predict them!

Last edited:

You will still do better than in lawless public servers that don't have any restrictions. I am not a fast driver and I still have managed it. I'm sure you can do it too :)

Well, I suppose in about 6 weeks we will be set back to zero anyway, because once the final game comes out it makes sense to even out the playing field between EA players and "normal" players, so my bet is all our achievements will go back to 0 at the end of May.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 402 40.1%