ACC Blancpain GT @ Zolder - Friday 19th April 2019

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Guys, I'm having internet connection issues. :mad:
I'm not sure if I can participate.

Update: I guess not, still no connection.

Have fun guts, I'll catch up at Misano.

Last edited:
Hello,
Can someone enlighten me how to connect? I can't find the server. I'm used to RRE, where I can type and search, but on ACC I can't.

Hello,
Can someone enlighten me how to connect? I can't find the server. I'm used to RRE, where I can type and search, but on ACC I can't.
You really should have looked that up before the event. Anyway... There is a search box above the server list, it just isn't very clear there is one. It's a long grey bar.

Race over very early for me. First lap crashers had regained position ahead of me and I bumped one at the hairpin and it turned into a big failure for three/four of us. Right rear tire pressure going down so I pulled into the pit but I couldn't find my box! Picked up a speeding in pit SNG but on my way out of pit I saw leaders coming up and determined that it was better to park on the grass and quit.

Sorry about the bump in the hairpin guys!

• Deleted member 387850

Short race for me as well. Missed the rolling start as my auto ignition didn't seem to ignite anything, so had to start several seconds off the back of the pack, and then got caught in the pile up in sector 2 which caused steering damage with a 45s repair time.

Pretty disappointing turnout on server 1, pity those that did turn up were spread over two servers. Also encountered some pretty ill-mannered driving in qualifying. With the lack of people in Teamspeak and general issues it wasn't exactly the intro to ACC club racing I was hoping for, but there you have it...

Race over for me also. About mid-race I was leading with a 10 sec gap ....lost it and crashed. Got a light dmg... ( which I thought will only affect my top speed) but it was affecting my left turns grip. Due to that I got into a bigger crash before I was able to reach pits...and that one completely destroyed my ability to turn/brake. I slowly went to pits.... it took 1 min 25 sec to repair and picked up go-through penalty for speeding the in pit lane. ( I must of entered pits with 53 km/h).

That penalty I tried to remove by going 3 times through the pits with pit limiter on and it didn't go off.

Ended up getting disqualified. ( race was over for me anyway after 2 mins pit + 3 go-throughs)

@suspectmonkey I will say that the first race RD hosted for ACC wasn't too bad. So don't let this event taint your view. If other SIM titles are anything to go by I'm sure that admin will get to grips with it. I hope so anyway, because ACC shows slot of promise. But I won't be putting time in to demolition derby''s like this.

Not a bad first race for me tbh. Made up some places on the opening lap thanks to some people finding the gravel early on. Had a few spins here and there which set me back a bit but P8 to P5 in my first online race is a job well done in my books. Did see a BMW punt a guy off behind me fairly early on and he didn't slow down to give the place back either so I'm sure there is room for improvement in the respect between some drivers but all around I found it enjoyable.

Well, it was an enjoyable race for me in server #2, after all. I qualified P5, and I went to the back of the pack because I went offtrack to avoid an accident that happened before me. Then started picking up, but sadly I was punted from behind on the hairpin. After that I kept on and eventually I reached @marek2209 and we had a nice fight. I pressured him as much as I could, but he didnt even sweat, not a single mistake, and it was impossible to pass him without a blatand divebomb (something I really hate). In the last lap I tried a desperate move but I lost it and ended losing another position. Even so, I got +3 SA just in that fight, so I'm happy :)

My head is still ringing. Wow.

Had a pretty lonely drive to 3rd on server 2, in terms of not seeing many cars after I had a couple of early offs.

Couldn't be happier with 3rd. When I enter an RD race I'm absolutely expecting to be last so anything higher is a bonus. Some guys ahead of me had a bit of a clash through turns 2 and 3 so I got a good run at the start.

For the second half of the race, though was having an intense battle with the guy in 4th, on the timing at least, as he pulled the gap down from 6s to under 2.

I was desperately clinging on, trying to find the odd tenth here and there, but he must have had an issue on the penultimate lap or so and I could relax with a 4s gap.

I am thoroughly enjoying ACC in VR now. It's the most intense sim racing experience I've ever had.

@Darky86
GNdKdXj.jpg

Don't mind the quality, Twitch cap :-p.

Missed the rolling start as my auto ignition didn't seem to ignite anything, so had to start several seconds off the back of the pack, and then got caught in the pile up in sector 2 which caused steering damage with a 45s repair time.

didnt know whether i could pass you on grid as i was stuck behind you … anyone tried this? what do marshalls say?
anyway, passed through that crash in lap 3 or 4 you mention unscathed but later spun out in t1 and unfortunately caught one of the quick lambos when i slid back on track. slowed to let him pass, but he had taken so much damage, he let me pass back straight away. other than that a rather uneventful race for a slow chap like me since most of the guys about my strength had not shown up :( finished two laps down in 8th, man this is one demanding game, spun off four times again, it's mostly the changing grip of the tires that is bugging me.

it's mostly the changing grip of the tires that is bugging me.
Are you changing the brake bias as the race goes on ? I was struggling with that as well before figuring out a rhythm that works for me with the Huracan. (one step to the front every 3 minutes) Ideally your pace should stay the same for the whole stint since the tire wear is "compensated" by the fuel going down and the brake bias being adjusted.

Unfortunately due to some inexperience in ACC I only could join the server when race had already started, so I was one or 2 laps behind the pack, so I couldn't overtake as I immediately got blue flags, so I let people go. Besides that with the rush to join, forgot to adjust fuel, so I had to retire earlier. Anyway a good race.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 181 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 356 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 497 39.1%