ACC Blancpain GT World Challenge Europe @ Nurburgring - Sunday 20th October

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event

Ricoow

Premium
8f3eeb7ed5d2d7b964fe06eaab805b79.jpg

The Blancpain GT World Challenge Europe is part of the Blancpain GT series and consists of teams of two drivers doing a 1-hour race together with a driver swap half-way through the race. What they can do in real, is what we can do here virtually. We wouldn't be 'blurring the lines' if we don't try this ourselves, now would we?! Find yourself a teammate, sign up and be part of this new RD Race Format!

All premium members can sign up for this event and we have unlimited slots available so make sure to bring a friend (or a rival, whichever you prefer). Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
Not a premium with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well.

Server Name: RaceDepartment.com #1
Track: Nurburgring
Weather: Dynamic
Server and Teamspeak Password: click here
Racing Club Rulebook: click here

Time*
Practice:
19:00 UTC (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:30 UTC (20 minutes)
Race: 19:50 UTC (60 minutes)
Pit Window: 25-35 minutes (10 minutes)

Scheduled times for the race weekend inside the game:
Practice: Friday 16:00
Qualifying: Saturday 16:00
Race: Sunday 14:00

Server 1 Entry List - 30 slots
  1. robt100 / rikirk
  2. T0mpang / CK23
  3. Michael Rudolf / ZeroRisk
  4. Ryan Robbins / JoaoCastella
  5. Trebucht / Mitja Bonca (Six Sigma)
  6. Daniel Monteiro / Vlad Zap
  7. Urlauber / NIZGTR (Mean Machine Testdrivers)
  8. Free slot
  9. Free slot
  10. Free slot
  11. Free slot
  12. Free slot
  13. Free slot
  14. Free slot
  15. Free slot
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot
  20. Free slot
  21. Free slot
  22. Free slot
  23. Free slot
  24. Free slot
  25. Free slot
  26. Free slot
  27. Free slot
  28. Free slot
  29. Free slot
  30. Free slot

Last edited:
A New format? Please tell me more!
Ofcourse I will tell you more, don't worry. What we want to do is have a race with driver swaps, test if the game is ready to support new club events like this one. What we need to have a race with driver swaps, is you guys! :D
Basically you sign up as a team and you do this club race together as a team. During Practice you are free to let either driver do some laps, get a feeling of the track and car, work on the setup etc.
During Qualification, one of you will drive and determine the start position for the race. This driver will also start the race!
During the Race there is a Pit Window, during which you need to swap drivers! Your pitstop has to start between 25 and 35 minutes into the race. Here you will switch drivers with your co-pilot and now your race result is in his hands!

I AM EXCITED! HOW CAN I BE A PART OF THIS!?
Wowow now calm down, I understand the excitement. We prepared for you a sign-up sheet:
Team Name:
Driver 1: <Rd nick>
Driver 1 Steam64 ID:
Driver 2: <RD nick>
Driver 2 Steam64 ID:
Fill it in and you are in!

Steam64ID?
Yes, we need to tell the server which drivers belong together, otherwise it can't execute the driver swaps! You can find yours by googling something like "SteamID Finder" or "What is my Steam64 ID" and use one of the provided tools (make sure you never use a site that asks your steam password, it is not necessary to find the 64 ID). A steam64 ID is a numerical code that starts with 7656. And if you are concerned about posting that SteamID publicly, the alternative is sending me the ID in a PM ;)

Now that we got your three questions covered, it is time to cover the additional rules quickly:
  • A team consists of two drivers
  • A driver swap needs to start between 25 and 35 minutes. The start of your pitstop counts for this, so if you want to gamble you can plan your pitstop at 25:10 minutes left (just don't spin in pit entry). 35:10 minutes racing left is too early.
  • Not a rule, just a tip: Driver swapping already works in practice sessions. Make sure you've tested how it works before the race starts! ;)
  • Signing up is possible untill 2 hours before the start of the event! (17:00 UTC deadline!) This is to allow us to configure the server properly.
Disclaimer: The Driver Swap feature is not officially released and still in a beta phase. Therefore bugs may occur! If you are the unlucky one to encounter a bug, please send us your log files along with a brief description of what happened. We will bundle your reports and get in touch with Kunos.

Last edited:
Awesome to see this feature being tested. Looking forward to joining, this will bring a new dimension to acc races. I'm pretty sure I wont make it this week due to technical issues tho.

P.S. I already accept applications for a team member :D

Awesome to see this feature being tested. Looking forward to joining, this will bring a new dimension to acc races. I'm pretty sure I wont make it this week due to technical issues tho.

P.S. I already accept applications for a team member :D
Glad to hear you're liking the idea, hopefully it provides as much fun as we are hoping

Sounds great!

Team Name: NSN Racing Team
Driver 1: Rob Taplin
Driver 1 Steam64 ID: (sent via PM)
Driver 2: Riccardo Navon (Rikirk)
Driver 2 Steam64 ID:

He doesn't know he has signed up yet, but don't let that stop you;):D. Will get the ID's sorted and PM'd later.

Edit:

Also, for those wanting your steam ID, the easiest way is to open steam, click your username on the tabs along the top. Then the URL contains your ID (for example https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7656*************/home) The 7656 number being your ID which I've starred out for now.

Last edited:
Sounds great!

Team Name: (TBC)
Driver 1: Rob Taplin
Driver 1 Steam64 ID:
Driver 2: Riccardo Navon (Rikirk)
Driver 2 Steam64 ID:

He doesn't know he has signed up yet, but don't let that stop you;):D. Will get the ID's sorted and PM'd later.

Edit:

Also, for those wanting your steam ID, the easiest way is to open steam, click your username on the tabs along the top. Then the URL contains your ID (for example https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7656*************/home) The 7656 number being your ID which I've starred out for now.
Welcome gents! Our first team signup :D

Well I'm not too great at setups so would let Mr Rudolf set the car up if he wishes. Would be good to share setups before the event to get used to it first if possible.
For me I usually only change default setup to Aggressive, then adjust fuel, bump/rebound and tyre pressures.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 324 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 458 39.3%