ACC Blancpain GT @ Silverstone - Thursday 14th November 2019

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
not driving in that, completely unsafe! on the formation lap i had drivers weaving all over the track instead of driving in single file. i was lucky not to be hit before the race had even begun. as for the weather :cry:

To be honest I felt you were really close or even next to me on the formation lap during single file, it seemed a little scary ;). Everyone: please leave a bit more space on the formation lap, especially in such conditions. People in front will go slow for everyone to catch up before the end of the lap.

I am an advocate of dynamic weather, it offers more of a challenge for driving and when its changeable mid session, it also makes strategy interesting as well.

But I do think that since ACC is still relatively a new sim, and with it comes a flood of new interest and less experienced drivers, it would be better to keep weather static. Not necessarily statically dry but that races can be defined as either Dry or Wet. That way people can know ahead of time what the conditions are. Its not realistic but it offers those who may not wish to run in the wet the chance not to opt in if they don't want to and for those who want to learn how to drive in the wet can have some extra preparation if they feel they need it. Once drivers are more experienced with driving in the rain, then bring back dynamic weather and may even add 2x, 4x etc. time acceleration so that you can throw in day-night transitions and vice versa.

EDIT: Sorry for not continuing the race. My connection had a momentary drop, I had to restart my router to get my internet back

I do agree. Not complaining much after winning that one though ;) and maybe I just got unlucky but the majority of my last like 10 races were wet. Don't mind a good wet race at all but a bit more dry and no close to red flag conditions would be nice.

@Ricoow thanks a lot for hosting and trying to figure out good settings! Keep up the good work and get your system set up again to race with us :thumbsup:

I agree with what @Celtic Pharaoh says.

Just to share my opinion, I would appreciate the dynamic weather if it was implying changeable conditions into the same session. But so far, the races I did with it, there were only changes between sessions. (more or less... with a bit of bad faith)

But where I personnaly find difficulties to enjoy myself is (again, it's only my opinion) a full session under thunderstorm conditions: I'm only fighting against the conditions instead of enjoying the presence of my other fellow drivers.

And to be clear, I don't have at all have reproaches about your work, @Ricoow , but on the servers settings possibilities themself. (Without mentioning the fact that there are probably drivers enjoying it.) Keep being proud of what you offer to us.

Just to feed the conservation with some infos, and maybe hope, the following conversation from the ACC forum:
https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/how-to-actually-set-weather-in-a-server.60866/

Thx everyone,
Congrats to all those who have finished the race,
See you next.

NB: I did retire myself, just to plagiarize Nicki Lauda at Fuji in 1976. Especially since I'm pretty sure his balls were bigger than mine.

Driving in the wet was something new for me. honestly I enjoyed checking the car and avoiding the splashes of those in front. the only problem is that once the pitstop was done, I didn't realize that I had the dry tires selected in the menu (something to be reviewed in my opinion). it's a shame because I was convinced I could get under the checkered flag:roflmao:. See you next time (I hope dry) and thanks Ricardo:)

It was my first race here on RaceDepartment.
Same, driving in those wet conditions was new for me, i mean i already drove some races in rain, but not in thunder. It was my first time Silverstone with thunder/heavy rain. Had to learn the track in the practice a lil bit with those conditions.
I had the same Problems as u had. Somehow they put me dry tires on. Guess i took the wrong preset.

Somehow i did finish the race! :D
thanks for Hosting @Ricoow

Last edited:
To be honest I felt you were really close or even next to me on the formation lap during single file, it seemed a little scary ;). Everyone: please leave a bit more space on the formation lap, especially in such conditions. People in front will go slow for everyone to catch up before the end of the lap.

I do agree. Not complaining much after winning that one though ;) and maybe I just got unlucky but the majority of my last like 10 races were wet. Don't mind a good wet race at all but a bit more dry and no close to red flag conditions would be nice.

@Ricoow thanks a lot for hosting and trying to figure out good settings! Keep up the good work and get your system set up again to race with us :thumbsup:

Apologies if i came along side you down Hangar Straight, but if you watch your replay which i have just done you'll see you drove right across the front of me going through Maggotts & Becketts, Stowe and again going into Club. On all occasions you came right across the track, which considering the awful conditions and lack of visibility i thought was quit dangerous. The Aston in front of you was also weaving around a lot and switching from one side of the track to the other, with the visibility being so bad and cars being driven erratically i decided the safest thing to do was to pull over and abandon the race.

Just to feed the conservation with some infos, and maybe hope, the following conversation from the ACC forum:
https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/how-to-actually-set-weather-in-a-server.60866/
I've read exactly this post today, misread the excel Minolin provided for today though. I was aiming to have lower chances than 9% thunderstorm, but I should fiddle with 'clouds' rather than 'rain' for less heavy weather changes

Regarding the changing conditions under sessions, I am going to play around with time multipliers for that ;)

Apologies if i came along side you down Hangar Straight, but if you watch your replay which i have just done you'll see you drove right across the front of me going through Maggotts & Becketts, Stowe and again going into Club. On all occasions you came right across the track, which considering the awful conditions and lack of visibility i thought was quit dangerous. The Aston in front of you was also weaving around a lot and switching from one side of the track to the other, with the visibility being so bad and cars being driven erratically i decided the safest thing to do was to pull over and abandon the race.
My apologies if that seemed dangerous. No hard feelings, just wanted to remind everyone to leave enough space between cars in single file for people to maneuver and react to what happens in front of them.
Visibility was bad indeed, especially the grey Aston is pretty much invisible.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 297 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 148 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 264 13.6%