ACC Blancpain GT @ Silverstone - Thursday 14th November 2019

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Welcome to the ACC Race Club Noahbet! :) Make sure you have read the club rules (or watched them, that is also an option) and if you have any questions, don't be afraid to message me, I will try not to bite you ;)

did u miss me to sign up? :(
not mentioned in the list above

I believe in you! :D
Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700 XT Gaming OC, replacing the Radion RX 470.
20191114_135352.jpg

Last edited:
Just a heads up, hurt my neck this morning and it's a "bit" sore. I try to make it, took some laps just now for about 20mins and it was kinda ok. I have to see how I feel in a couple of hours.

not driving in that, completely unsafe! on the formation lap i had drivers weaving all over the track instead of driving in single file. i was lucky not to be hit before the race had even begun. as for the weather :cry:

3 sessions of thunderstorms?

Guess I'm out of these races if that's what they throw up.

Enjoy.
Can't help it mate, its dynamic and random. I've done my research on how to setup the server to not to have insane chances of this weather. Around 9% chance of Thunderstorm has gone into 3 Thunderstorm sessions.

Coming from ac I never ran on water, and in these conditions it seems to drive on the ice, I hope the next race is dry, thanks for the organizer anyway

Driving in the wet was something new for me. honestly I enjoyed checking the car and avoiding the splashes of those in front. the only problem is that once the pitstop was done, I didn't realize that I had the dry tires selected in the menu (something to be reviewed in my opinion). it's a shame because I was convinced I could get under the checkered flag:roflmao:. See you next time (I hope dry) and thanks Ricardo:)

Can't help it mate, its dynamic and random. I've done my research on how to setup the server to not to have insane chances of this weather. Around 9% chance of Thunderstorm has gone into 3 Thunderstorm sessions.
Not blaming you mate - but I reserve the right to not spend 90 minutes staring at a grey screen. If that means excluding myself from dynamic weather races, then so be it. There are plenty of other sunny colourful servers knocking about. I just like racing with you guys, but not more than miserable weather - as said, I get that at home most of the time - I want escapism, not my garden.

I am an advocate of dynamic weather, it offers more of a challenge for driving and when its changeable mid session, it also makes strategy interesting as well.

But I do think that since ACC is still relatively a new sim, and with it comes a flood of new interest and less experienced drivers, it would be better to keep weather static. Not necessarily statically dry but that races can be defined as either Dry or Wet. That way people can know ahead of time what the conditions are. Its not realistic but it offers those who may not wish to run in the wet the chance not to opt in if they don't want to and for those who want to learn how to drive in the wet can have some extra preparation if they feel they need it. Once drivers are more experienced with driving in the rain, then bring back dynamic weather and may even add 2x, 4x etc. time acceleration so that you can throw in day-night transitions and vice versa.

EDIT: Sorry for not continuing the race. My connection had a momentary drop, I had to restart my router to get my internet back

Not blaming you mate - but I reserve the right to not spend 90 minutes staring at a grey screen. If that means excluding myself from dynamic weather races, then so be it. There are plenty of other sunny colourful servers knocking about. I just like racing with you guys, but not more than miserable weather - as said, I get that at home most of the time - I want escapism, not my garden.
I just found out that I was looking at some tables the wrong way around, so next time I can reduce the 'extreme' weather chances a bit and have around 80% dry, 10 light, 5 med, 5 heavy rain, 0 thunder.

Anyways next Sunday is a guaranteed rain-free race, static dry warm sunny weather.
I will have to quickly look for a race next mid-week as my Thursday might be occupied (I will host wednesday then). Keep an eye out at the forums gents.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 121 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 441 39.6%