Resource icon

Career Blancpain GT Series 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Tom Michelmore submitted a new resource:

Blancpaint GT Series - Adds the Blancpain GT Series into Assetto Corsa

b6dk0l.jpg

Hi guys and welcome to a little addition to career mode. :)

Its based off the Blancpain Endurance series with each track in its season order except Paul Ricard which has been replaced with Imola. Because of the AI unable to pit the laps are unfortunately limited to 10 however as soon as this barrier is removed I plan to update it to include 1 hour and 2 hour races. In addition, when new GT3 cars are added again I'll update.

Please inform me of...

Read more about this resource...

I have an request
Could you do and update on this with copy,s of the Championship and just change the car used?

IE that would make it to 3 championships within the game but I would love to have it!

Thank you very much for your mod. It's exactly what I was waiting for.
I didn't check career files architecture yet. So, my following idea is maybe silly.
In order to overcome the current 10 laps limitation and have more consistent race weekends wouldn't it be possible to imagine 2 legs of 10 laps for each weekend?
Grid of the 1st race would be done with qualifs results and 2nd one would be done following race 1 results or randomly if it's too much complex.

I have an request
Could you do and update on this with copy,s of the Championship and just change the car used?

IE that would make it to 3 championships within the game but I would love to have it!

Sure, no problem. I'll probably add them as separate downloads though because by the time Kunos have released all the GT3 cars I imagine the file would be getting annoyingly big for someone who only wants one car. :)

Thank you very much for your mod. It's exactly what I was waiting for.
I didn't check career files architecture yet. So, my following idea is maybe silly.
In order to overcome the current 10 laps limitation and have more consistent race weekends wouldn't it be possible to imagine 2 legs of 10 laps for each weekend?
Grid of the 1st race would be done with qualifs results and 2nd one would be done following race 1 results or randomly if it's too much complex.

I'm not sure but it might be possible to have 2 races in one go but it may confuse AC with championship points and race order. I'll give it a try later on.

Thanks for all the kind words peeps. :D

Suggestion - you could just do it via the ini files for each event. Easy-peasy really, just change MODEL=mercedes_sls_gt3 to whatever you need. You can even change the skin/driver name/nationality under the car_0 section if you wanted. It could all be in the same ZIP with instructions on which files to copy where so folks don't get confused. Just a thought.

Suggestion - you could just do it via the ini files for each event. Easy-peasy really, just change MODEL=mercedes_sls_gt3 to whatever you need. You can even change the skin/driver name/nationality under the car_0 section if you wanted. It could all be in the same ZIP with instructions on which files to copy where so folks don't get confused. Just a thought.

Yeah I just realised I'd been really stupid. I assumed the file size would increase by 25 megabytes each time I added a season with a different GT3 car then realised the liveries wouldn't need to be re-downloaded so the file size will only increase by 1-2 megabytes. :D

I'll have all the series with each car under one download. :)

Just thinking! Is it possible to link deeper within directories when you create this?

IE If we first click on an GT icon, then we get to the car choice and clicking the car we want we get to the championship?

Just thinking! Is it possible to link deeper within directories when you create this?

IE If we first click on an GT icon, then we get to the car choice and clicking the car we want we get to the championship?

Sadly no, I just tried it then and it didn't allow me to create a directory. I don't think its currently supported by AC at the moment. :( Perhaps its something we could bug Kunos about to add. ;)

Sadly no, I just tried it then and it didn't allow me to create a directory. I don't think its currently supported by AC at the moment. :( Perhaps its something we could bug Kunos about to add. ;)
Suspected that!

Another question: I read about some Championship template at the AC forum?
I could not find it...is that what you are using?

Really like to take an look at it and maybe do some of my own championships!

Suspected that!

Another question: I read about some Championship template at the AC forum?
I could not find it...is that what you are using?

Really like to take an look at it and maybe do some of my own championships!

I believe all you need to do is in the series.ini file, under the [GOAL] section you need to define how many points is required to pass and say what the point system is under the [SERIES] section too.

I don't think there is a championship template required for this. This .ini file comes with all these options in one of Kuno's series (but obviously different details).

505281e6ae40b7f8f5ca553c498a9f2b.png

Tom Michelmore updated Blancpain GT Series with a new update entry:

V1.1 released

V1.1
  • BMW Z4 GT3 series added
  • Mclaren MP4-12C GT3 series added
  • Folder name for Mercedes adjusted to 'series_blancpain_gt_mercedes'
  • Tags changed to 'GT3' from 'GT'
Note: Any users on V1.0 and downloading do not necessarily need to paste the 'series_blancpain_gt_mercedes' because the only change is the tag on the career menu from 'GT' to 'GT3'.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Well done TM, I think that's about all one can do right now since the Career Mode is limited to one specific car per objective. Will give it a go this evening and help where I can. Cheers.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 156 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 299 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 425 39.6%