Blancpain GT Series at Silverstone - Who's Going?

Good day , very eventful, sun came out now I'm a beetroot... Racing was tight to the finish...
Said Hi to Paul n a few of his Gathering...
So good to speak to peeps that are in the know !!!!
Get outta that 1 Paul lolol

500 million emails heading your way

Good event enjoyed it and the weather was awesome for England. Decent trackside attendance it seems and the cars, as always looked great in the pits and out on track. Great to see a few of the RD faithful at the track too, always to say hi!

All in, a good day!

Good event enjoyed it and the weather was awesome for England. Decent trackside attendance it seems and the cars, as always looked great in the pits and out on track. Great to see a few of the RD faithful at the track too, always to say hi!

All in, a good day!
Did you record anything Paul? Maybe some sexy car noise?

A brilliant race, it was a perfect example of how different drivers in the team can have a dramatic effect on the outcome, although I did feel a bit sorry for the Lambo team, to have the top three sown up and then to lose it in that fashion towards the end must of been very difficult to watch. However congrats to SMP, nice to see the Ferrari grab a win, and it was genuinely nice to see the top three finishers congratulating one another. The AMG Merc should have been third of course, that was tough.

As a petrolhead that was a superb weekend of action. ELMS was brilliant (seeing LMP's going three wide around Monza was amazing), so was Blancpain and I watched the Indycar race last night, again just a brilliant race. I saw the F1 result and didn't even bother...lol

I suppose the pity is the fact people are still fixated so much on F1 (maybe), these events don't really get the attendance they deserve. They are cheap to attend, you can go and sit pretty much anywhere you like and just enjoy some incredible machinery. A shame in my view but at least the likes of BTCC still generate good crowds for example.

When Alonso and Jenson turned up at Silverstone last year for WEC, understandably I've never seen such big crowds for that race, will be interesting to see what this year is like when I return, I'm assuming it will be quiet again, but fine by me. Means I can get more autographs easily ;)

Hope you all had a good day :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back