ACC Blancpain GT @ Paul Ricard - Friday 12th April 2019

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Did you guys get Alonso on race direction duty or something ? 10s Stop&Go for looking the wrong way at the track limits at T11, and then I saw a DQ for speeding in the pitlane :confused:

Be interesting to know how many centimetres .015s for the pole convert into :)
Oh damn, wondered what happened.
But thanks for the first lap fight, it was a good one. It is always nice to go side by side the corner at the end of mistral straight :)

I need to apologize for the love taps guys.

They were not intentional.

I got caught up by cold tyres at the start and worn tyres at the end.

Also i managed to get a stop and go even though my laptime wasnt invalidated and i know i didnt cut -first time ive seen something like this-. I think the penalty system needs some adjusting overall.

So, ACC doesnt save replays, so therefore nobody can report??? Or are they hidden somewhere? I notice is says max replay time 30mins in options, which suggests the start wont be in the replay anyway?
I haven't tried the replays yet. But it seems there are people who can get it to work so there should be some sort of replay saving. Also for the SRO E-Sports they request you to save your fastest lap so it should be there. Heading off now, long day tomorrow but I'll look into how to save replays later.

Basically without any evidence we are not able to come to a verdict.

I need to apologize for the love taps guys.

If you consider that a "love tap" I think you've been watching a bit too much BDSM:roflmao: it threw my car about 5 car lengths off course with major rear damage.
As a generalisation, I'm having cleaner races on public servers than here in club races at the moment on ACC. I know its a "new" game (though most having been playing a few months now) but can we please just all try and be careful? The theme of the whole game is endurance racing, so start learning to look at the long term rather than that corner right now. Strategy, tyre conservation, fuel use and consistency can make a much bigger difference than taking a punt down the inside (or just square into the back) of another car at the first opportunity.

Other than waiting you on track, saying sorry in ts and apologizing with a forum post, i dont think there is more i could do. Also the reality is that its a club race so we should tolerate some honest mistakes.

And by saying sorry, i meant that ive ''seen'' where/why i messed up and will try to react/drive differently in the future. Its not common for me to crash and touch other cars as i always try to leave room but things will and can happen even to an experienced player.

As for the ''love tap'', both incidents i had where just that. I barely touched the car in front and the speed difference was minimal. Yet both cars went flying. I dont know if its netcode or collision physics but something is wrong and should be adjusted.

I repeat for clarity: in my screen it was a slight touch.

Also the cut system seems inconsistent. i got a 10sec penalty stop and go while my laprtime wasnt invalidated which seems weird as ive followed the same line ive been driving all the tim.

@Nasos Charalampou Don't worry, the apology is accepted :) I guess it must have been net-code/collision physics, cause from my mirror it was as if you didn't even brake for the corner :O_o::confused: I wonder if in the pack the latency/ping was a little erratic causing a bit of a lag bump?

Yes, the cut system seemed a little weird, as places where I would get a penalty in previous versions (i.e. running wide into the little white cones when I lost the rear end) gave me no penalty at all, I didn't even get one warning all race :cautious: Maybe it went easy on me due to the damage on the car :p:laugh:

Well, and I ended up next to the track in l1 (to me it seemed i got a little nudge between two turns) and then at once was given a drive through for "cutting corner" because it seems i went back on track a bit further down to where i had been nudged off. That's pretty harsh since my Bentley was stalled completely off track, so clearly i could not have gained any time. So, yes, that part of the game needs ironing out.

Well, and I ended up next to the track in l1 (to me it seemed i got a little nudge between two turns) and then at once was given a drive through for "cutting corner" because it seems i went back on track a bit further down to where i had been nudged off. That's pretty harsh since my Bentley was stalled completely off track, so clearly i could not have gained any time. So, yes, that part of the game needs ironing out.

This is the nudge from my point of view:

This is the nudge from my point of view:
Luca to be honest that happens because you are used to pick up 488 which is smaller and has a stronger breaking.
Of course this things happens and I don't want to blame anyone.
But now you know it XD:BMW is a lot bigger and does not break at all, also Bentley.

Luca to be honest that happens because you are used to pick up 488 which is smaller and has a stronger breaking.
Of course this things happens and I don't want to blame anyone.
But now you know it XD:BMW is a lot bigger and does not break at all, also Bentley.

Well, tonight I am going to race with Bentley at Monza, so better improve my breaking skills then :p

I think it's at the border. for sure Bentley could have gone wider, but the responsabilities belong to the car behind.
This time he was almost behind so it's difficult.

Being the chap in the Bentley i'm fine with the 50-50, a textbook racing incident. I take advantage of his exit from two turns before where i have a little more speed, he then graciously lets me slip past on the right-hander, I could have left a little more room approaching the left-hander but he had been so polite / non-aggressive seconds before, I figured it was safe to take the apex. Thx for sharing the replay, very much a gentleman :thumbsup: It still beats me, though, how the game can give me a drive through for cutting the track :thumbsdown: which you see me serve at the end of the lap (notice his glance to the right: what is this guy doing, heading into pits?).

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 336 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 465 39.0%