ACC Blancpain GT @ Paul Ricard - Friday 12th April 2019

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Sorry guys, I'm going to have to miss tonight. Must be having internet trouble I guess as I can't get on to the server. Not listing any races on the server list.

Well, the final result wasn't too bad, but the standard of driving was a bit iffy to say the least!
I notice the report system needs a replay, timestamp, or snippet of replay. As ACC doesnt seem to have a replay saving system (or nothing I could see before the next session started) what can we do for reporting incidents? @Ricoow

Did you guys get Alonso on race direction duty or something ? 10s Stop&Go for looking the wrong way at the track limits at T11, and then I saw a DQ for speeding in the pitlane :confused:

Be interesting to know how many centimetres .015s for the pole convert into :)

Well, the final result wasn't too bad, but the standard of driving was a bit iffy to say the least!
I notice the report system needs a replay, timestamp, or snippet of replay. As ACC doesnt seem to have a replay saving system (or nothing I could see before the next session started) what can we do for reporting incidents? @Ricoow
you can use nviadia software

Thanks for the race guys, really enjoyed my first outing on RD. Really happy with P3!

I was a bit worried when I saw no one else was venturing out in the Nissan beast but she handled the race brilliantly. The start was tricky, sat there for so long the tyres were horrible but managed to keep it on the black stuff and not hit anyone. The key to this race was always going to be avoiding any visits to the pits because of cut tracks or picking up punctures so once in a rhythm I just settled down in to qualifying laps mode.

I think there were some dramas in the pack behind which probably helped me and hats off to the guys who let me past under blue flags, made their intentions really clear and a couple used indicators...nice.

See you some other time for another race, Cheers.

Thanks for the race guys, really enjoyed my first outing on RD. Really happy with P3!

I was a bit worried when I saw no one else was venturing out in the Nissan beast but she handled the race brilliantly. The start was tricky, sat there for so long the tyres were horrible but managed to keep it on the black stuff and not hit anyone. The key to this race was always going to be avoiding any visits to the pits because of cut tracks or picking up punctures so once in a rhythm I just settled down in to qualifying laps mode.

I think there were some dramas in the pack behind which probably helped me and hats off to the guys who let me past under blue flags, made their intentions really clear and a couple used indicators...nice.

See you some other time for another race, Cheers.
I just could not catch you! You really make it work!

finished this one, but yes, the overall system still needs some work. i just hate how you end the race and then - poof - before you can write a line or watch the replay it switches over to next session, meh.
race was fun, got turned around lap1 t3, nice: the guy who did it followed the golden rule, not so nice: i got awarded a drive through for not respecting track limit ??? I was pushed off, marshall, what can i do? anyway served the drive through and then did a steady but lonely race in the back until disaster struck in the form of a Lambo spinning directly after the turn ending the long straight, happened too quick for yellows to come out. had nowhere to go as he was stilling rolling backwards across track after spin so i went in at full speed. i then got the checkered flag two laps later but my Crew chief only told me i had gotten it after my in lap as i rolled into pits, weird.

finished this one, but yes, the overall system still needs some work. i just hate how you end the race and then - poof - before you can write a line or watch the replay it switches over to next session, meh.
race was fun, got turned around lap1 t3, nice: the guy who did it followed the golden rule, not so nice: i got awarded a drive through for not respecting track limit ??? I was pushed off, marshall, what can i do? anyway served the drive through and then did a steady but lonely race in the back until disaster struck in the form of a Lambo spinning directly after the turn ending the long straight, happened too quick for yellows to come out. had nowhere to go as he was stilling rolling backwards across track after spin so i went in at full speed. i then got the checkered flag two laps later but my Crew chief only told me i had gotten it after my in lap as i rolled into pits, weird.

Sounds like your race was similar to mine (though i managed to avoid any penalties). Hit at T5 out of 3rd place. Lonely trundle up the grid, half way through had weird moment where an exit kerb just spat me sideways even though I wasn't leaning on it hard. Then I came across your little lambo incident and thankfully had seen the tyre smoke to could slow down and avoid.
The most annoying part was the Ram off track on lap 1 damaged the rear of my car, so the entry and exit corners onto the long straight were real knife edge as to whether I would spin out or not. As a note, neither corner is fun sideways :confused:

Tried it last weekend, track was completely new for me. Could not develop a flow on this track. Watched some onboards on YouTube today to help me out and it worked :)

I could not believe I was P5 in Practice, but qual was too difficult. Could only manage 11th. I was >1 sec slower.
The race started safe for me and I braked early to avoid crashes. This worked well and I survived :)
The race was close the whole time and in my surroundings the driving standard was excellent with people I could trust.
Some fast drivers who spun in the initial laps were catching me quickly and I was not going to defend hard for it, i like to continue my current pace without fighting to stay in the top 10.

In the end I finished P6 and very happy with a race without big mistakes. Only a few minor issues.
Every race I have this “wow” feeling after another great race in VR. Can’t imaging racing without it.

Thanks for racing and setting up this event. I will skip next Friday as I am on a short vacation. See you hopefully in two weeks.

If something happened on track, please try to resolve it in a mature manner by contacting each other about what happened, how it happened, how it could have been prevented and remind each other about the golden club rule. Accidents happen, also on RD, and sure enough the drivers involved did not want this to happen either.

If you still feel the need to report here is how:
We would like to receive a (private youtube/something-tube) video showing onboard and 'chase cam' from both cars, maybe even cars around and as much camera angles as possible from track side perspective that can add to our judgement. If the footage is too few/short, we simply cannot undertake any action. Keep in mind that replay files are not sufficient, as we are going to review the report with more than just ACC staff, so also staff members without ACC should be able to see what happened.
Once you recorded it (using any software you like) and uploaded it to youtube (or video sites alike, no downloads) send me a PM with the link and a brief description of what happened. We will let you know the outcome of the report and take the appropriate measures.

We would like to receive a (private youtube/something-tube) video showing onboard and 'chase cam' from both cars, maybe even cars around and as much camera angles as possible from track side perspective that can add to our judgement

So, ACC doesnt save replays, so therefore nobody can report??? Or are they hidden somewhere? I notice is says max replay time 30mins in options, which suggests the start wont be in the replay anyway?

I did follow the golden rule just in case... but watching the replay I am not sure if I was actually responsible for the contact... In any case I did my best and I would't have finished the race in a better position anyway. I had a solitary race but I still enjoyed it. :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 325 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 281 13.4%