ACC Blancpain GT @ Nürburgring - Tue 1st Oct 2019

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Thanks for tonight everyone, a bit tricky conditions with a damp quali, but the track was in good shape :)

Great to have had an enjoyable battle at the front to watch back, that's what we like to see!

The pit-stop window worked; we have noticed some bugs so I will report them on the official forums. See you on Thursday!

It’s been a very fun race. The start of the race was a little scary, during the formation lap I was behind @Skinny712 and on the straight before the last chicane I was too faster and to avoid the contact I brake on the grass, fortunately no consequences for anybody, this kind of errors on formation lap would have been unforgivable. At the start I had used extra caution on T1 and I lost a couple of position, but after later on lap 1, there was an incident with 3 cars involved, I avoided them almost incolume and I was on P4. After the first 15 minutes comes behind to me @Vlad Zap , he overtake me very easily, he was so much faster than me. So until the end I was on P5. My race pace was very slow but consistent, my best lap was low 1:57, only one error at some point with a spun.
Thanks to all.

Yes, there were a few mishaps during the formation lap this time around :rolleyes: I know some guys know what to do, but we are all on the same track so let's help each other out :)

Everyone: always remember to leave a big gap to the car in front of you during the formation lap, so that you can do what you need to do and have enough space to brake in reaction to that the car ahead is doing :thumbsup:

About the formation lap, I know the engineer says to keep single formation but my advice is to try and stay on alternate sides of the track of the car ahead and behind. This gives you clear space behind you to warm up your brakes on straights without causing any panic to you or the driver behind.

And as Daniel said, in general you want to keep a gap to the car ahead because of tyre warming as well

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 209 14.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 213 14.4%