ACC Blancpain GT @ Nürburgring - Sunday 12th May 2019

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Admins need to get a grip - you pay premium for managed racing, not the crap you get on public lobbies.

That first corner today was pathetic on so many levels.
To be fair, that first corner today was one of the better first corners, it is just that you've been hit that you call it pathetic.
Good thing about starting from the back is that I saw everything happen and it was just a slight touch on somebodies rear that caused that somebody to be touching you. For the rest the first laps were clean as expected. To call it public lobby racing is somewhat an overstatement.

What I have been seeing over the last weeks was less and less severe T1 incidents (exception for Monza last week, that was madness). People are really starting to adjust and get through the first turns more safely than before.

It´s enough. After several RD-races with big incidents, today i got hit again 4 times in the first 4 minutes, <Mod-edit: No naming and shaming>. Won´t race anymore in those "events" without any skill-requirements.
I have been behind you on one of the hits, and you seemed a little laggy at that moment and the corners before it. That may have also been of influence in those hits.

After so many races there is some thing that i just cant understand... Other than the driver standards of some, especially the ones that are driving bmw's and want to overtake you like they are in a GT2.5 car... I cant get my head around how the tires are working. I mean for the majority of the race i was fighting the car left and right to keep it in the track, changing tc, abs and brake bias to please the tire temperature and the cars around me were riding like it was Sunday walk at the beach... Just cant get my head around how tires are working.

Do you guys have any recommendations?

I enjoyed my race. I finished my normal position (Last) but I'm definitely getting more consistent but not necessarily quicker. Corner exit speed is where I'm losing time both online and off. I got lapped by the top 8 or so cars with only 2 of you not being predictable when about to overtake but all good and ended nice and clean. I hope the first lap issues don't put people off joining as it would be a shame and unless you record your race and submit it then as Ricardo said on TS that at the moment, there isn't a lot they can do. We were all saying before the start "Be careful on the first lap" but obviously not everyone got the message lol! Keep trying guys and hopefully the driving will improve.

@Gianfrest
Please accept my apologies for that horrific accident in T1 at the end of Q. I clipped the left tire while braking and the car went on ice. Last thing I wanted was to be in your way and in fact I had you takeover to give a chance for a clean lap.

For VR people still no way to use the chat, besides is a dark square right on the line of sight. Nevertheless, I would've loved to give an answer to your <?> on TeamSpeak, which I thought was mandatory for race communications.
---

Rather than that, I messed up too much with the dampers causing plenty of oversteering in lift off, a real nightmare at the Arena.

I'm sorry @Kevin Cox for the light tap in the first corner and any collateral that it may have caused. I lifted well before the corner and braked just before the 150 board but I didn't expect things to come to a standstill as it did.

In general, I would recommend that track medal requirements with a minimum of a safety rating of 60 or above until a replay viewer is implemented to allow admins to review incidents post-race as the current standard of driving of some drivers, not all, is either reckless and/or ignorant. There is no shame in being new to racing, we all were at some point but for those who may be relatively inexperienced, please read the rules set out in the Paddock Club forum here before joining races.

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/racing-club-regulations-2019.10978/

I'm sorry @Kevin Cox for the light tap in the first corner and any collateral that it may have caused. I lifted well before the corner and braked just before the 150 board but I didn't expect things to come to a standstill as it did.

In general, I would recommend that track medal requirements with a minimum of a safety rating of 60 or above until a replay viewer is implemented to allow admins to review incidents post-race as the current standard of driving of some drivers, not all, is either reckless and/or ignorant. There is no shame in being new to racing, we all were at some point but for those who may be relatively inexperienced, please read the rules set out in the Paddock Club forum here before joining races.

That means I wouldn't be able to race and I'm the cleanest driver on the planet. My safety is only 46

That means I wouldn't be able to race and I'm the cleanest driver on the planet. My safety is only 46
It doesn't take long to improve it. It also increases in offline racing. I'm not particularly active racing in ACC and mine is around 84.

But I don't think buses are allowed to race in the Blancpain series so it doesn't apply to you unless you choose to upgrade to a German one in the form of a BMW :D
3fa0afdf08381ecdf728bffdfc563594.jpg

To be fair, that first corner today was one of the better first corners, it is just that you've been hit that you call it pathetic.
Good thing about starting from the back is that I saw everything happen and it was just a slight touch on somebodies rear that caused that somebody to be touching you. For the rest the first laps were clean as expected. To call it public lobby racing is somewhat an overstatement.
OK - Just was bounced around like a ping pong ball at the first corner after giving the guys around me plenty of room - I'd hoped that others would have the same courtesy. No one waited, either the guy that hit me, or that guy that hit him, if that's what happened. Top 5 to last and safety points lost.

I'll still sign up, but I'll not bother qualifying and forget the notion of fighting with with my peers. If it happens, then that'll be a result - A pessimist is rarely disappointed.

Safety Rating is a must - 60 minimum. All the track medals.

@Gianfrest
Please accept my apologies for that horrific accident in T1 at the end of Q. I clipped the left tire while braking and the car went on ice. Last thing I wanted was to be in your way and in fact I had you takeover to give a chance for a clean lap.

For VR people still no way to use the chat, besides is a dark square right on the line of sight. Nevertheless, I would've loved to give an answer to your <?> on TeamSpeak, which I thought was mandatory for race communications.
---

Rather than that, I messed up too much with the dampers causing plenty of oversteering in lift off, a real nightmare at the Arena.

ahaha no problem :p

It doesn't take long to improve it. It also increases in offline racing. I'm not particularly active racing in ACC and mine is around 84.

But I don't think buses are allowed to race in the Blancpain series so it doesn't apply to you unless you choose to upgrade to a German one in the form of a BMW :D
3fa0afdf08381ecdf728bffdfc563594.jpg
Funny but I was driving the BMW but thought I would give the Nissan a go tonight. The problem with the safety rating is fine If you're racing other people or AI but when you end up going round the track a Billy no mates then the rating stays still. It is moving up but at a slow rate, bit like it's driver lol :roflmao::roflmao: I used to be a lorry driver so maybe that's why I like em fat and wide lol

Funny but I was driving the BMW but thought I would give the Nissan a go tonight. The problem with the safety rating is fine If you're racing other people or AI but when you end up going round the track a Billy no mates then the rating stays still. It is moving up but at a slow rate, bit like it's driver lol :roflmao::roflmao: I used to be a lorry driver so maybe that's why I like em fat and wide lol
Sorry I didn't mean to come across as elitist in my suggestion of a safety rating requirement. A safety rating of 50 or above may be applicable but I'm not sure as I don't fully understand server setup in ACC.

At this point, the wisest thing may be to continue racing GT3s in regular AC until version 1.0 of ACC is released. It sucks to stop racing ACC of course but its just not in a ready state to race multiplayer properly. Besides the BoP is obviously broken as the BMW is stupidly overpowered compared to the other cars. I haven't driven a single circuit where it wasn't the best car

Nurburgring T1 is always tricky... What I saw from P14 in the grid was too many cars trying to make it side by side. Obviously a small touch caused a chain reaction that made some cars spin in the outside. I don´t know why people fight so hard in the first corner, it is a matter of safety to let space to cars around you specially in the first steps of the race.

About my race, after avoiding the T1 daily accident and go through the traffic between T2 a T3, I was P8!!! I got a decent pace and consistently drove in green Delta all race. No errors, clean race.

See you on track.

Last edited:
Again, we should just be happy that RD is giving us a chance to warmup before the game is out.

I do understand the disappointment when involved in an accident that spoiles hours of hard work, but we should take it as practice time for the next three weeks or so.

After that, if we have enough members to have two full servers, separating Pro from Am might be an experiment worth trying. Otherwise, the replay will be the best deterrent for whoever prefers 'wreckfest' to the sport of racing.

Could you please share the setup you used for this race for the Ferrari? Cause no matter what i tried i still had low grip and corner speed.

awesome! wonderful! this was the best race I had since I joined RD. Could not be more satisfying.
@Gianfrest @Trebucht what a awesome fight we had. Had a little contact at T1, but nothing to be angry about, cause I had the pace.
On Tuesday I will have my last race in PR because I will leavers home for a few months. But I am definitely happy to have signed for premium membership! straight to PR

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 340 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 8.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.4%