ACC Blancpain GT @ Nürburgring - Monday 2nd September 2019

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
That was outstanding. Initially I though "yeah great..., race in red flag condition" but it turned around as a very fun challenge! I can't believe a thunderstorm was such a great fun, I didn't want it to finish.

Thanks all guys!

I just didn't want to quit.
That is the spirit my friend!

This was one insanely epic race. Very exciting Quali with the track being damp at the start, light rain, but the track being clear and dry at the end. @Michael Rudolf already somewhat celebrating his P1, when suddenly I managed to push out a lap 0.2s quicker than him (from being 0.6s down). My first Club Race Pole Position and I was genuinely cheering and celebrating it. When I saw the -0.8s (on myself) entering the main straight my heart was beating like hell!

Race, mistakes were made in the setup (Engine maps...) which made me instantly lose P1, P2 and P3. Managed to stay out of trouble during the first turns and then got caught out by a few puddles standing water here and there spinning everywhere. Luckily there were more people in this kind of trouble. Managed to get P2 somewhere when @Vlad Zap spun out in front of me and never ever let go of that P2 again.
Caught up Rudolf with over a second per lap, who was still leading after making mistakes and losing a 30s gap. But the rain was insane and the spray made chasing a real pain in the ass. It was hard to find brake markers, apexes and turning points so every time I got within a sec, I instantly made a minor mistake putting the gap back to 2s. I knew I was faster but I had no way to pass him.
Really great race, congrats to Michael! Making the least mistakes of all paid off at the end!

P: P2
Q: P1
R: P2

Best result for me in a long time

It was just incredible :roflmao:. Realy the first time for me with this Weather. Super careful on first lap, the handling of the car was a real challenge, expecially crossing the rivers on the track. A couple of fight with @Vlad Zap first and @Metzger82 later. @Ricoow just pass me on second lap and I lost the second position forever (never I took second position before neather for a second :p). Thank you all for this race.
N.B. The power come back at my home just in time.

Thanks everyone that was intense! Having the best ECUmap setting won me the start and I really wanted to do no big mistakes this time. Had everything in control leading with 30 secs when I spun accelerating. Spun again like 3 times to get back on track and lost nearly 20 secs of that. Instead of just finishing it (typical for me :O_o:) I pushed real hard to extend the leas again and lost everything to many smaller and bigger mistakes :(. Ended up having giant flat spots that made my wheel go crazy shaking. Adjusting the brake balance way to the rear finally helped in not missing breaking points and together with the spray that kept @Ricoow from passing. Thanks mate, that was an epic fight :thumbsup:

Well, pretty happy with my first race in such conditions. I avoided racing ACC in thunderstorm before but yesterday it was no choice. Qualification was extremely interesting and dramatic. At some moment I placed 7th but last lap was very good. But not good enough to beat others ;)

Starting from 4th place I got my first spin out during formation lap :O_o: So, I started from the end but fortunately find proper braking points and because of mistakes of other drivers I reached 3rd place pretty fast. But I didn't realize that aggressive driving on the first laps will have such serious impact on my tires. Each next lap I had more and more difficulties. I can't even remember how much times I had a spin out or failed to turn-in into the corner. I was not able to cross puddle before Michelin curves with no spins unless braking to 3rd-2nd gear. So, after loosing and regaining 3rd position few times I realized that I can't get more and just need to finish this race do not risking to brake the car. But even with non-aggressive driving it was very difficult to keep the car on the track. I'm not sure about the reason - track condition or tires. But few last laps was pretty annoying.

Thank you very much to all racers for interesting and very fair fight. Looking forward for more races!

P.S. Dynamic weather is a nice feature. But it can be even more interesting with higher weather variation during the race.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 335 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 228 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 171 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 290 13.4%