ACC Blancpain GT @ Monza - Tue 6th Aug 2019

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
I was having a blast in 5th pulling away from the guy behind when some clown spun in front on me and rather than just wait decided to pull out and take me out on the exit of lesmo 2 got sever damage and that was it. So annoying.
The clown was me. After the incident I asked sorry on TS, but I suppose that you wasn't there and I don't write on chat becouse is forbidden during race. I try with this image to explain my situation and the reason why I moved forward instead that wait. I was with the car in the middle of the track and I misjudged to evaluate that enough space was to permit a car to safely pass away. I'm realy sorry about that but your reaction on track after that accident was unsportsmanlike.
Accident-2.jpg

Last edited:
I have now raced in RD events for few weeks and I haven't experienced any clear intentional reckless driving - or I have been very lucky as I normally race in the middle of the pack. Of course there has been some incidents but those are happening after all as we are not all pros in driving. Anyways lets hope it stays that way and I think constructive feedback is way to go if there are clear incidents where this should be given.

Jussi has said it all perfectly, in my opinion.

We have to remember that we normally have a grid of people with very different skill levels, so everyone has to adapt. This is why I think the club races are great, since it allows the slower guys to learn how to stay predictable while being overtaken by the fast drivers, and they can also learn from them - all while being in a laid-back environment.

About the chat: Martin and Daniele are right; according to the RaceDepartment rules (both for club races and leagues), using the chat is not allowed during qualifying and during the race. I use it at the beginning of each session to make some announcements, because TeamSpeak is not mandatory and some people don't join it.

To be honest, it is easier to make all the announcements on TeamSpeak rather than type it every time on the in-game chat. Also, I must admit that I have not been very dynamic while on it, as I am pretty bad at driving and talking casually at the same time, but I will try to make the experience on TeamSpeak a bit more enjoyable by engaging people to have a conversation :)

Usually the same 6-7 people stay and talk at the end of a race, sometimes for over half an hour - everyone is welcome to stay longer too and join in the conversation, if they have the time :)

For the race I start 8th with an amazing qualify to me. Good first lap, but on T1 on second lap, a missile hit me and from 8th position I rejoin track on last with car damage. On next lap an incredible accident with almost 6 cars involved appiars in front of me, I avoid all car spunning and colliding, but on the next turn an other car spun just in front of me and I can't avoid the impact, so pit stop for damage repairs. Another two lap and the accident of the previous post, with another car damage and pit for repairs. So only blue flag situation training for me.

@Urlauber, I wanted to excuse myself for what could have been taken for a brake check on the lap 5-6...
Well, It definitly wasn't one, I was a bit too much focus on my mirror, and lost my brake point, braking 50 meter too soon :redface:. I saw you made a great job avoiding me, but it causes you some time. In short, sorry fot that!.

Thx for the race,
See you next!
No worries, I thought that I missed the brake point :D Was a good code brown moment though but no harm done!

well since i joined here iv never enjoyed playing racing games so much only bought a wheel a few months ago and didnt even have much interest in playing until i becoming a member at RD now i look forward to every race even tho i know im never going to win one but i aim for top 10 in every event i sign up for and if i get that im delighted with myself but besides that all the guys are nice i always try stay on ts after the race for a chat and they are always helpful and have a laugh with them so i cant understand what all the complaining is all about hopefully be a member here for a long time

according to the RaceDepartment rules (both for club races and leagues), using the chat is not allowed during qualifying and during the race...TeamSpeak is not mandatory and some people don't join it.
Not confusing and sending mixed messages (no pun intended) in the slightest ;) Especially since until recently, we were always told we have to be on TS.

But, again...whatever.

(And sorry, Daniel, I realize this likely has nothing to do with you personally whatsoever.)

TeamSpeak was compulsory for various reasons, and we used to see on the race threads that TEAMSPEAK IS MANDATORY in big bold red letters :) From my understanding (and I might be wrong) it was at least compulsory in AC because of trying to figure out who would be in each car, to avoid mismatches and people not getting the car they signed up for.

Apart from that, I must say I don't know, as it has not been compulsory for a good number of months now. I do think TeamSpeak helps in terms of communication, especially in case of an incident, where you can quickly say sorry and communicate with the other driver(s) involved so that the Golden Rule can be respected and applied easily :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back