ACC Blancpain GT @ Monza - Thursday 9th May 2019

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Well that was a waste of time. Patiently waited for the Ferrari in front to start moving and get rear-ended off the track by the Huracan behind :thumbsup:. Then carnage at T1 L1 and more hits. Didn't even make it to T2 L1. :rolleyes:.

my race finished at lap 1.
I had a contact with @Trebucht at the start, for I'm sorry, i had nowhere to go.
and then someone else spun at Ascari and did not put himself in a safe place and crashed on me.
So frustrating man, you could have apologized.

Well that was a waste of time. Patiently waited for the Ferrari in front to start moving and get rear-ended off the track by the Huracan behind :thumbsup:. Then carnage at T1 L1 and more hits. Didn't even make it to T2 L1. :rolleyes:.

The Ferrari in front was me, my apologies. The lambo in front of me delayed a bit, and I got a bit anxious and ended stalling the car. Twice. Anything I can do with the clutch to make this less probable to happen?

BTW thanks for being patient and not hitting me, it's very much appreciated. It has happened to me being rammed for doing the same thing, so I know how you feel.

In my case, it was a weird race, I just saw people hitting each other and going off track and when I looked at the widget I was P4. Race is not won in the first lap guys :)

The Ferrari in front was me, my apologies. The lambo in front of me delayed a bit, and I got a bit anxious and ended stalling the car. Twice. Anything I can do with the clutch to make this less probable to happen?

BTW thanks for being patient and not hitting me, it's very much appreciated. It has happened to me being rammed for doing the same thing, so I know how you feel.

In my case, it was a weird race, I just saw people hitting each other and going off track and when I looked at the widget I was P4. Race is not won in the first lap guys :)
Set everything to manual (Engine start, Clutch etc) and practice practice practice :)

Well, despite reading it everyday, some still don't know the dangers of the T1's specially at Monza. They screw up their races and the others.

Oh well... I ran out of fuel, pitted in but the "add fuel" option was locked... is that usual? :(
Last 5 laps on engine map 7 and saving fuel like hell. Finished with 0.3 l remaining... :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

This time qualified back in grid so I watched the show in T1-2... easier to avoid from this position so I was P8 in T3!!! Then some good battles with guys like @CarlosB , @ZeroRisk and @Pinsho . Perfect fighting, enough space given while pushing too hard, I really enjoyed them. Sadly, I made a couple of mistakes exiting Ascari that ruined my race. Anyway I did not expect having pace enough, so It was surprising for me being able to fight in this circuit.

See you next race!!!!

I also had a small glitch after being spun. I held down the clutch while barely touching the throttle and my car just kept spinning and burning rubber..:giggle:

I also had a terrible quali, previous lap times in the 1:48s but I just couldn't do it this morning...
Seemed to be a pretty solid tactic after watching the completely unnecessary carnage at the first corner.
We all know that the tyres will be like blocks of ICE, we all know that the brakes need a lap or two before they are warm enough to work properly...
Some of the cars have this clear as day in the dash too if you don't like having the tyre app on.
Yet still we have people barreling into the first turn like an 8 year old maniac playing Gran Turismo against AI set to easy....

Think, why is the guy braking so early into the first corner?
Possible answers;
A.) He or she knows that the tyres and brakes are not up to temp yet, (this is also reminded of by race admin and the other racers on Teamspeak and on the chat)

B.) The guy in front of him has hit the brakes

C.) Driver understands first corner issues and backs off accordingly so as to avoid being involved in a first corner accident...

I qualified in 15th I think, but after the first corner I was up into 9th which really should not happen.

Think before trying something on the first lap. If you are quicker than people in front of you, you will pass them over the course of the 45 minute race surely. If not there are some other things you need to be thinking about your race craft...

But for me, I had a solid race battling with @Javier Mtnz Iniesta and @Pinsho for most of the race, we were pretty well balanced in pace and consistency, of which mine went up over 95 for the first time!
Ended up finishing 6th with low fuel pressure, think I was literally on fumes by the finish line.

My best consistency yet and hope to improve on all the other circuits before the full release and more to learn come the end of the month.

We just need to tone down the red mist at the beginning of the races guys. We all need to be on the same page with this stuff to get the most out of it.

Congrats to the podium too. You guys are seriously quick and consistent and I only hope I can improve to be able to learn from you all in the future.

Thanks again to RD and @Ricoow for hosting. Appreciate it and hope you get a better race next time out.

I also had a terrible quali, previous lap times in the 1:48s but I just couldn't do it this morning...
Seemed to be a pretty solid tactic after watching the completely unnecessary carnage at the first corner.
We all know that the tyres will be like blocks of ICE, we all know that the brakes need a lap or two before they are warm enough to work properly...
Some of the cars have this clear as day in the dash too if you don't like having the tyre app on.
Yet still we have people barreling into the first turn like an 8 year old maniac playing Gran Turismo against AI set to easy....

Think, why is the guy braking so early into the first corner?
Possible answers;
A.) He or she knows that the tyres and brakes are not up to temp yet, (this is also reminded of by race admin and the other racers on Teamspeak and on the chat)

B.) The guy in front of him has hit the brakes

C.) Driver understands first corner issues and backs off accordingly so as to avoid being involved in a first corner accident...

I qualified in 15th I think, but after the first corner I was up into 9th which really should not happen.

Think before trying something on the first lap. If you are quicker than people in front of you, you will pass them over the course of the 45 minute race surely. If not there are some other things you need to be thinking about your race craft...

But for me, I had a solid race battling with @Javier Mtnz Iniesta and @Pinsho for most of the race, we were pretty well balanced in pace and consistency, of which mine went up over 95 for the first time!
Ended up finishing 6th with low fuel pressure, think I was literally on fumes by the finish line.

My best consistency yet and hope to improve on all the other circuits before the full release and more to learn come the end of the month.

We just need to tone down the red mist at the beginning of the races guys. We all need to be on the same page with this stuff to get the most out of it.

Congrats to the podium too. You guys are seriously quick and consistent and I only hope I can improve to be able to learn from you all in the future.

Thanks again to RD and @Ricoow for hosting. Appreciate it and hope you get a better race next time out.

Well said, I agree with every thing you said. I would like to add or stress that, unless the sim automatically forces a penalty for punting, "like a drive through pi" then the RESPONSABL driver should wait admitting he was at fault. All though waiting does not fix the issue, theirs something to be said about the driver or person that makes the mistake. The truth is all of us sim racers and real racers have caused some sort of crash or unwanted incident at some point in our racing careers. But this is all just my humble opinion. What do I know? :geek::thumbsup:

Massive apologies for the t1 incident, I couldn't see my brake marker on the left hand side and brake a bit too late, tried to hang it left to avoid contact but was too late unfortunately, I did receive a penalty for the collisions and let some cars through on the next few corners to try and amend some of my faults. Obviously it still doesn't avoid the fact I was responsible and I do apologise to anyone who had their race ended after t1, I'll be more careful in the future for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Massive apologies for the t1 incident, I couldn't see my brake marker on the left hand side and brake a bit too late, tried to hang it left to avoid contact but was too late unfortunately, I did receive a penalty for the collisions and let some cars through on the next few corners to try and amend some of my faults. Obviously it still doesn't avoid the fact I was responsible and I do apologise to anyone who had their race ended after t1, I'll be more careful in the future for sure.
Never ever use your brake markers in lap 1 :) Go way earlier.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back