ACC Blancpain GT @ Monza - Friday 29th March 2019

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Well that was a pile up and a half on server 1 at turn 1 during the first race :roflmao:
Not sure why I ended up starting 14th when I had the pole by .012, the only reason I can imagine being I got a penalty that didn't display...
Also got hit by the no HUD bug for race 1 which was, let's say, less than ideal :D
I expect the (questionable at times) driving standards will improve when people are more familiar with the sim and with their car, some were clearly not comfortable out there. (and the transition to night didn't seem to help them, as awesome as it looked)
Congrats to @RasmusP for the win on race 2 :thumbsup:
The fight for pole was awesome. So close! :D Congrats for beating me at overtime :geek::thumbsup:
I ended up P18 for Race 1 and P16 for Race 2. I felt the pressure from behind throughout Race 2 but luckily for me Kresh enjoyed fighting with you like he did with me :whistling::ninja:

Had good fun! Cheers for that guys :) - wasn't the cleanest of races, but as mentioned before there were plenty of factors that contributed to people not being entirely comfortable with their vehicles and the sim, me included. Game looks and runs great :D the transition was really well done. Congrats to the winners!

Server #1

First time in the game. Feeling was not the best. Need to get more feeling.
Racing was messy but fun. Made stupid mistakes but enjoyed all of it.
Graphics in VR are just excellent. No problems except the missing HUD which was easily solved with F2.

Game has great potential.

Last edited:
Great fun it was apart from the fact that in the first race I was 4th when in lap 4 or 5 someone rammed me at the end of the finish line at approx. 200 km/h... I thought I was on a random online server... :(
Anyway, thanks for arranging this for us and congrats for the winners!
I think I was. You brake at 200m to early, I brake hard but the wheels block and turn the wheel trying to dodge you but I lost control, I couldn't do anything. Sorry

How does a track get faster at night?
The leaderboard needs improvement!
First lap and second were much better than I anticipated.
Actually, BS on night and rain driving, they'll never get it right, clean line, dirty line, puddles, did I mention night time track being the fastest?

Otherwise, Thanks RD for beginning these events, it looks like it';s going to end up a nice sim.

Absolutely fantastic fun night! Had some great races, and I loved the (unintended) transition to night. Driving with lights in the dark was awesome.

Here's a crash i had after the chequered flag during race 1. Enjoy, because it's bloody hilarious :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Wait... RaceDepartment has started with curling now? Finally something that suit a Norwegian like me! :whistling:

I cannot agree with the others, sorry.
This is the first time I get grid bug since 0.5.
It is probably caused by the 2 races format.
I suggest to restart manually the server for race 2.
The drive was not that bad from the guys.
But it was noticeable that there were people on the first experience. It is not ok even for club races, but ok for a first.
Em, I've got very very nervous in race 1. I am sorry for what I wrote and I apologize to Mr Git. server 3.

How does a track get faster at night?
The leaderboard needs improvement!
First lap and second were much better than I anticipated.
Actually, BS on night and rain driving, they'll never get it right, clean line, dirty line, puddles, did I mention night time track being the fastest?

Otherwise, Thanks RD for beginning these events, it looks like it';s going to end up a nice sim.
Cooler track temps within reason should make for faster lap times.

I think I was. You brake at 200m to early, I brake hard but the wheels block and turn the wheel trying to dodge you but I lost control, I couldn't do anything. Sorry
It must be an other incident, because there was no car in front of me so no need to break earlier than usually and my speed was ok in turn one. I just got into turn one and in the middle of the corner the surprise came along.
Anyway I'm ok with it I just was dissapointed because 4th place was more than nice for me since I screwed the qualy ending up in 11th position being 1.2s slower than in free practice...

By the way I was more excited than usually since that was my first online race on RD. My CN rating is 96 and usually I can do 10-15 laps within 0.5s but yesterday I was absolutely not that good to say the least.
My laptimes were much worse and for example during the second race start heating up my socks I ended up in the wall. LOL

It must be an other incident, because there was no car in front of me so no need to break earlier than usually and my speed was ok in turn one. I just got into turn one and in the middle of the corner the surprise came along.
Anyway I'm ok with it I just was dissapointed because 4th place was more than nice for me since I screwed the qualy ending up in 11th position being 1.2s slower than in free practice...
Was another incident because the guy I hit, he was on braking zone and has another car front of him. I don't remember the name

Really enjoed the race yesterday.
First Race I started with full tank and I could not go under 1:51 and I ended up last making several errors due to night transition
I spun at the second lesmo and waited all cars to pass before getting back on track
Second Race it went defintely better however there were not really battles around me and ended up 6th,( only because the grid was inverted and I started 3rd)
The level is quite high ...my compliments to you guys

Good races, thanks!
Xill took screenshots of the results from server3:

Attachments

• quali.jpg
    quali.jpg
    523.3 KB · Views: 158
  • race1.jpg
    race1.jpg
    306.8 KB · Views: 170
  • race2.jpg
    race2.jpg
    306.5 KB · Views: 166
@speedyx56 Aenore sorry for taking you out towards the end of the second race, I wasn't planning to fight with you because I knew you had faster pace than me, but at the second chicane I lost the rear of the car and hit you, it was fun though you chasing me and shaving those seconds every lap, you were very quick. Again my apologies, hope to see you on track again. Cheers

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 99 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 493 39.2%