ACC Blancpain GT @ Misano - Sunday 7th April 2019

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
First race with race department and I think my first multiplayer race in ACC! I was a bit disheartened to see that the pole lap was about seven seconds quicker than me. Then on lap one I got punted from behind after the first couple of turns but I’m not sure if I contributed to that or not, as the stone cold tyres really caught me by surprise.

When I got going again, I was miles behind everyone. Had a bit of a race with a Bentley but that was pretty much it, until I got lapped a couple of times. Had a spin all on my own just to liven things up but on the whole, it was pretty uneventful and spent most of my time hot lapping.

Nevertheless it was good practice and I was pleased that I could more or less keep it together for 45 minutes. Thanks for letting me race with you guys.

I was low on fuel so pitted but the pit menu didn't give the option to refill. Left the pits and got DQ for speeding in the pits after accidentally turning pit limiter off! I wouldn't have made it till the end anyway. Thanks for organising, see you on Thursday:):)

If you used the MFD menu you should be able to refuel.. Either with arrow key or mouse. If you used something like left right arrow keys when you get to that option you have to press right and then a new menu opens up for fuel and tyre change

Anyway, ran out of fuel with 4 minutes to go. Couldn't work out where the fuel level was in the BMW, change page button for the LCD didn't work. Did in the Lambo that I tested earlier.

Not every car has the same lcd display! For example Lambo has 4 different lcd displays and Jaaaag has only two. Until you learn 100% the game/car its wise to use the hud for things like that!

First race with race department and I think my first multiplayer race in ACC! I was a bit disheartened to see that the pole lap was about seven seconds quicker than me. Then on lap one I got punted from behind after the first couple of turns but I’m not sure if I contributed to that or not, as the stone cold tyres really caught me by surprise.

When I got going again, I was miles behind everyone. Had a bit of a race with a Bentley but that was pretty much it, until I got lapped a couple of times. Had a spin all on my own just to liven things up but on the whole, it was pretty uneventful and spent most of my time hot lapping.

Nevertheless it was good practice and I was pleased that I could more or less keep it together for 45 minutes. Thanks for letting me race with you guys.
I was the Bentley! I managed to keep the gap about 5 seconds to you, hoping for you to make a mistake but you kept the gap and then I had my fuel and pit problem.

Well thanks for the race Jim I was keeping an eye on the gap to you behind me. At one point you started gaining which had me worried, but I found some pace. When I had my little spin I thought you’d have me, but I guess that’s when you had your fuel problem. Good times

Well thanks for the race Jim I was keeping an eye on the gap to you behind me. At one point you started gaining which had me worried, but I found some pace. When I had my little spin I thought you’d have me, but I guess that’s when you had your fuel problem. Good times
Are you in the UK Jonathan? above your car, it showed 150- ping?

You should calm down a bit, you were charging like a mad man, at some point at the beginning of the race you went out off the track and when yuo rejoined the race you hit somebody and didn't stop to wait for him...
I was not charging anyone.
I just don't understand why there is no amin in race... it would solve any of theese problems

2nd race and 2nd time we had issues at the start.
Please remember its a 45 mins race.
Fazzi forgot to brake and hit Colombo, then Colombo -he was a bit too aggressive for my taste- spun and collected Arkoudadis and me.
After the above incident it was race to the finish.
BMW is way OP and needs to be balanced me thinks.
With the Ferrari even though i found some pace, i still had issues sliding all over -any setup tips welcomed-.
All in all a great race, looking forward for the next one.

I had the same problem. I now go down using the wheel, I click enter and it goes to the search menu, even if it seems I am clicking on the first available server, then I click the left button of the mouse and only then I can write to find RaceDepartmnent server, lifting off the glasses, of course... It is complicated...

you had to click on any server and type enter then the search window will open in vr. i had the same issue since 0.71 but then i click on any server and then i can type in the box.

I was not charging anyone.
I just don't understand why there is no amin in race... it would solve any of theese problems
The admin was there asking you to stop writing messages in Italian during the race session remember :) ?

Instead of complaining here on the forums how about you read the rules and file an incident report after the race if you feel you have been wronged and we'll take a look at it and take action when needed. No reports = no penalties.

With regards to the bugs. There must be something going on with your connection. Before the formation start we were all lined up you came ploughing through the back of the field hitting me and the guys around me. Are you on a WiFi connection or something as this didn't look normal? Looked like your car warped from the back of the field to the correct qualification position. You reported a fatal error before if I recall correctly?

Unless you mean a live steward I don't understand why an admin should be present as he can't do anything apart from what I did already.

I have seen some incidents (two by me for braking too late on mr Navon) but no intentional ramming. If they happened reporting it the proper way is the only remedy

People are allowed to make mistakes in clubraces as long as they give the position back.

For 100% contact free sport chess is your only remedy.

Well, I had a cracking time. A bit lonely for most of the race, a couple of mistakes had me loose a couple of spots. Nice green Ferrari at the start barging me off on lap 1, then deliciously lost it completely a couple of laps later.Other than that great driving.

One thing to note, the backmarkers were very good, with one exception who was not aware I was lapping, but he soon realised and gave room. I am thinking that in some cases the guys were almost going a bit too far to stay out of the way, heaps of praise for their character and spirit, but it can be a bit surprising requiring sudden line changes. Maybe it is a case of driving the line but not challenging any pass attempts by braking a tad earlier...? Not sure if this is a valid whinge TBH.

On the whole, ACC is just fabulous. 45 min race stint was suitably challenging too. If we can work up to longer races requiring fuel management, that would awesome too.

Great stuff, thanks guys!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 277 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing