ACC Blancpain GT @ Misano - Sunday 7th April 2019

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
As @Dave Stephenson was able to do it, he might have the solution?
Yeah I used my keyboard :)

To be more specific: I didn't find the way to select the gap where you can search a server by name.
iirc it doesn't look selected even though it is. I don't recall there being a cursor. Just click in the field and type.

First race with race department and I think my first multiplayer race in ACC! I was a bit disheartened to see that the pole lap was about seven seconds quicker than me.
Nevertheless it was good practice and I was pleased that I could more or less keep it together for 45 minutes. Thanks for letting me race with you guys.

Glad you still enjoyed it. Stick with it and work on being consistent and the times will follow in due course :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I was the back marker I think. I had the Nissan and people were going past me like I was standing still. Is the Nissan underpowered?

Was a great first race except Imy fuel setting for the race setup didn't save and I started with fuel for 5 laps.

Other than that I would have won easily ;)

Well, I had a cracking time. A bit lonely for most of the race, a couple of mistakes had me loose a couple of spots. Nice green Ferrari at the start barging me off on lap 1, then deliciously lost it completely a couple of laps later.Other than that great driving.

One thing to note, the backmarkers were very good, with one exception who was not aware I was lapping, but he soon realised and gave room. I am thinking that in some cases the guys were almost going a bit too far to stay out of the way, heaps of praise for their character and spirit, but it can be a bit surprising requiring sudden line changes. Maybe it is a case of driving the line but not challenging any pass attempts by braking a tad earlier...? Not sure if this is a valid whinge TBH.

On the whole, ACC is just fabulous. 45 min race stint was suitably challenging too. If we can work up to longer races requiring fuel management, that would awesome too.

Great stuff, thanks guys!

That has me worried as I was in a green Ferrari! I did lose it in turn 2nut only because someone rammed me from behind, so it’s possible that I hit you too? Not sure. But I definitely didn’t lose it a couple of laps later, so maybe there was more than one green Ferrari!

I was the back marker I think. I had the Nissan and people were going past me like I was standing still. Is the Nissan underpowered?

Was a great first race except Imy fuel setting for the race setup didn't save and I started with fuel for 5 laps.

Other than that I would have won easily ;)
The Nissan is indeed a bit weak on the straights, very strong in the corners and under braking though.
If you want a monster on the straight I would suggest trying the BMW, but it is like steering a boat.

Cheers Frank. It's funny because in AC people say the opposite about the GTR, that it's terrible in the corners and great in a straight line. That's why I was so surprised when the Beemers were flying past.
Plus I'm slow too! :(

Last edited:
Here's Frank. It's funny because in AC people say the opposite about the GTR, that it's terrible in the corners and great in a straight line. That's why I was so surprised when the Beemers were flying past.
Did anyone try the Jag? I don't know but that one refused to turn. Tried some setup changes but that didn't help. The BMW was by far the best choice for me at Misano. About 0.8sec faster then the other cars. Maybe the Lambo can come close at Monza.

Cheers Frank. It's funny because in AC people say the opposite about the GTR, that it's terrible in the corners and great in a straight line. That's why I was so surprised when the Beemers were flying past.
they talk about 2015 gtr.
2018 is the opposite car.
In the game there are both of them

Did anyone try the Jag? I don't know but that one refused to turn. Tried some setup changes but that didn't help. The BMW was by far the best choice for me at Misano. About 0.8sec faster then the other cars. Maybe the Lambo can come close at Monza.
I think my best time in the Jaaaaag was 1:54. Whatever it was, about a second short of pole. It turns great, very touchy powering out of corners though. The trick is with the Jag is braking. A sensitive foot is needed, very easy to over brake and plough into corners.The default setup was pretty good, I think raised the rear a couple of mm and brake bias of 56. Not any other changes.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back